• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Danny Waldron Signs

Transfer news
Good news coming out the club again and we are certainly starting 2024 with a good start. Long may it continue. We have to put up with such sour news for such a long time that all this is quite refreshing.

welcome to our club. Give 100% each time you are out there on that pitch and we will cheer and support you all the way

This is a great signing! Joint-top goalscorer in the league below, still a good age, and fits the system.

I’ll aim to get a full scout report out for Monday evening, but here’s an extract from my recruitment document, which can be found here:

As you're the stats man. Do you know what his scoring record is throughout his career? I've been trying to find it but I've not really found anything.

As you're the stats man. Do you know what his scoring record is throughout his career? I've been trying to find it but I've not really found anything.
Unfortunately I don’t have access to any leagues below the NL N/S, so I can’t find his goalscoring record I’m afraid.

I see a few questions about length of contract.
Wild guess but I reckon he's probably on a good wage for this level....and his age may have been a factor. Combine the two...18 months and see where we at.

We could have been promoted from League Two by the end of that contract.

18 months makes total sense to me: you'd hope his form will continue into our division but if it doesn't before the end of this season he'll get another chance next year. If he can't get it after 18months then he's probably not cut out to play at step 5.

I hope all of that is worst-cast-scenario talk and we're extending his contract in the summer after he scores a hattrick in the playoff final.

We could have been promoted from League Two by the end of that contract.

18 months makes total sense to me: you'd hope his form will continue into our division but if it doesn't before the end of this season he'll get another chance next year. If he can't get it after 18months then he's probably not cut out to play at step 5.

I hope all of that is worst-cast-scenario talk and we're extending his contract in the summer after he scores a hattrick in the playoff final.
Absolutely.....kind of low risk possibly high reward

Back