• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Danny Waldron Signs

Transfer news
I was interested to learn that Waldron was only converted to a centre forward in 2021 whilst at Alvechurch. Before that, he was playing as a winger. That might explain why it's taken him a little while longer to reach the National League as it does take a little while to adapt to a new position.
He seems to have all the attributes needed to succeed. His biggest battle may well be getting up to speed fitness wise. However, after a proper pre-season he should be flying come our opening game in August.

I was interested to learn that Waldron was only converted to a centre forward in 2021 whilst at Alvechurch. Before that, he was playing as a winger. That might explain why it's taken him a little while longer to reach the National League as it does take a little while to adapt to a new position.
He seems to have all the attributes needed to succeed. His biggest battle may well be getting up to speed fitness wise. However, after a proper pre-season he should be flying come our opening game in August.
That does go some way to explaining his late blooming journey, but it does seem funny how long it took his managers to notice what people describe as a “natural goalscorer”.

He hasn’t even played yet but I already have huge admiration for him.

it takes a brave and confident person to give up his job, move away from home, friends and family to follow a dream at 27 years old.

Really hope this works out for both him and us.
Anyone know what his job was?

I was interested to learn that Waldron was only converted to a centre forward in 2021 whilst at Alvechurch. Before that, he was playing as a winger. That might explain why it's taken him a little while longer to reach the National League

Interesting. As you say that may well explain why he’s taken so long to emerge and makes him a more intriguing prospect.

David Crown converted late in his career from winger to centre forward - I’d take his Southend career thank you very much!

Interesting. As you say that may well explain why he’s taken so long to emerge and makes him a more intriguing prospect.

David Crown converted late in his career from winger to centre forward - I’d take his Southend career thank you very much!
Plus Crowny's an accountant / business owner. Could point him in right direction or even hire part time!

Just an 18 month contract, recent deals have been 2 & 1/2 years
Works both ways, if he doesnt cut the mustard then we dont have player on long term contract
However if the goal machine, and still in NL, he can move onto better things
Would think both parties are happy, end of the day we dont know how the new owners will be in 18 months

his linkedin profile has him as an IFA Administrator at AFH Wealth Management, he joined June 22 , there is nothing listed after he left UNI in 2017

Believe it was mentioned he worked in finance.
He's an IFA administrator. Basicllay processes applications from finacial advisors.

Have been for jobs in this sector before I started in mortgages. Usual pay of 25k outside of London. If he was training to be an IFA alongside this he could hope to earn 80-100k when qualified.

So realistically, assuming his Linkedin is up-to-date, he has probably doubled his basic salary coming here (not taking in to account his part-time footbal salary from Rushall).

Back