• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Danny Waldron Signs

Transfer news
Is it me? Should there be a limit as to quite how much "delving" into a player's background is undertaken?

Quite possibly me just showing my age.

Anyway, here is an article from the Non-League paper to consider.
View attachment 30816
I agree. Public information is one thing but when you start speculating on his previous salary and whether he's achieved additional training qualifications it doesn't sit right with me either. It's not our business.

So did Nile Ranger

He's an IFA administrator. Basicllay processes applications from finacial advisors.

Have been for jobs in this sector before I started in mortgages. Usual pay of 25k outside of London. If he was training to be an IFA alongside this he could hope to earn 80-100k when qualified.

So realistically, assuming his Linkedin is up-to-date, he has probably doubled his basic salary coming here (not taking in to account his part-time footbal salary from Rushall).
Fingers crossed this is a brilliant move for all parties involved then 🤞 Especially handy at this level to have experience in a field like that to return to, post career.

I assume he won’t be asked to work his notice period with them.
Well it appears to be a consideration...

From Kev today:

“There’s stuff with his work we’ve still got to manage as we go along because he was part-time football wise at Rushall Olympic.

“We’re managing that with him and hopefully in the next week or so that will play itself out.”

Apologies if been posted already seems got head on . Strange work makes him work his notice

Doesn't seem that odd to me, it's not like he was working part time at Tesco, as far as I can tell he was working a full time job. It's not often that a company is going to lose a worker to a football club but from their perspective it's going to cause the same problems as if Waldron had taken a job anywhere else.

Most people leaving a full time office job would be expected to work their notice otherwise the company would be a man down until they managed to hire a replacement, and then once the replacement is hired they'd probably need a week or two to get up to speed with the job.

Last edited:
If he's got a week and a bit left he can always self certify being "sick" for a week, what's the worst that can happen, an absence trigger point?

Hopefully he won't need a reference.....
Being a 27 year old striker who has yet to play in the NL, he’d be wise not to burn his bridges.

He may get one big pay day after us but even that isn’t going to be enough to retire on.

Plus calling in sick isn’t going to work when they see his name on the vidiprinter Saturday.

Hi everyone.

Here’s my scout report focussing on Waldron:

Thanks.

Hi everyone.

Here’s my scout report focussing on Waldron:

Thanks.
Great analysis piece again. However I just have to mention the image used of Harry Cardwell as a 12 year old! Brilliant stuff.

Amazing piece on the 2 strikers and if someone hasn;t already offered your services to the club then they should do. I do know when Bond was in charge he wasn;t a big fan and was negative towards any of this new statistics based approach

I think i mentioned in a previous post that scored 17 in 24 playing for a team near the bottom is impressive and the likes of Bridge will do well to whip some first times balls in and around the 6 yard box a bit more and resist the need to keep checking back and waiting for support.

Great analysis piece again. However I just have to mention the image used of Harry Cardwell as a 12 year old! Brilliant stuff.

Amazing piece on the 2 strikers and if someone hasn;t already offered your services to the club then they should do. I do know when Bond was in charge he wasn;t a big fan and was negative towards any of this new statistics based approach

I think i mentioned in a previous post that scored 17 in 24 playing for a team near the bottom is impressive and the likes of Bridge will do well to whip some first times balls in and around the 6 yard box a bit more and resist the need to keep checking back and waiting for support.
Thank you!

No surprise there, great signing and exactly what we need!

Welcome Danny, hopefully the goalscoring form will continue.
Post#1 of this thread.
Danny has gone full time, moved south, proper training, he showed away at Flyde that he instinctively gets in the right places; For people to talk about sending him on loan before a ball is kicked is, imo, nonsensical.

Back