• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Current squad - and Louis Lomas tweet today

I'm very much assuming that we're going to be fishing in the leagues beneath us!

Do you think Ralph and Bridge have 'signed' on non contract terms - moving from pro to amateur? Or do you think we've received some kind of exception for them ?

I've also thought, and posted previously, that these rules seem very out of date for what is now essentially a professional league
16 players seems overly strict too considering the inevitable impact on player fitness and conditioning. 18 seems better. If Colin gets a knock, he shouldn't be put in a position where he has to play because the League refuse to let us have another keeper.

I read the embargo rules you posted recently and still am none-the-wiser as to if we can play youth players (I'm thinking no). And whilst I can see West Stand's interpretation of what "non contract" means, the rules themselves seem to suggest you can pay them whatever you like up to the value of the contract of the player that they're replacing.

Harry Taylor is very versatile, so much so , as to be the likely replacement goalkeeper if Colin gets injured ??

Do we still have the young keepers Purcell and Cerulla ?. Such a great tradition of bringing on excellent young keepers

16 players seems overly strict too considering the inevitable impact on player fitness and conditioning. 18 seems better. If Colin gets a knock, he shouldn't be put in a position where he has to play because the League refuse to let us have another keeper.

I read the embargo rules you posted recently and still am none-the-wiser as to if we can play youth players (I'm thinking no). And whilst I can see West Stand's interpretation of what "non contract" means, the rules themselves seem to suggest you can pay them whatever you like up to the value of the contract of the player that they're replacing.
FIFA have jurisdiction when it comes matters concerning players. Here’s what they say re the status of players

STATUS OF PLAYERS
2 Status of players: amateur and professional players
Players participating in organised football are either amateurs or professionals.
A professional is a player who has a written contract with a club and is paid more for his footballing activity than the expenses he effectively incurs. All other players are considered to be amateurs.

Those rules are them embedded in the FA rules and regulations.

The embargo rules as posted previously are the FAs directive and all clubs and leagues operate ( for consistency) in accordance with the FA rules.

One important thing to remember is following relegation from the EFL Southend no longer fell under the “ Professional Game Board “ regulations the relevant section is now called the National League system

Harry Taylor is very versatile, so much so , as to be the likely replacement goalkeeper if Colin gets injured ??

Do we still have the young keepers Purcell and Cerulla ?. Such a great tradition of bringing on excellent young keepers
Purcell has moved to Uxbridge. Don’t know about Currullo.

There’s a contract tracker including the youth players here but if anyone has any additional info on the youths let me know.

Yeah it's odd they don't mention youth, but I come to the same conclusion as you, that essentially they will need to be registered to play and then they count as part of the 16, I seem to recall a few seasons ago we deregistered some young players in order to bring new players in which is why I think this.

I think the expenses versus salary becomes a tax issue rather than a league issue? But I guess these rules also cover amateur teams and so would cover replacing a non contract player with another non contract player?

FIFA have jurisdiction when it comes matters concerning players. Here’s what they say re the status of players

STATUS OF PLAYERS
2 Status of players: amateur and professional players
Players participating in organised football are either amateurs or professionals.
A professional is a player who has a written contract with a club and is paid more for his footballing activity than the expenses he effectively incurs. All other players are considered to be amateurs.

Those rules are them embedded in the FA rules and regulations.

The embargo rules as posted previously are the FAs directive and all clubs and leagues operate ( for consistency) in accordance with the FA rules.

One important thing to remember is following relegation from the EFL Southend no longer fell under the “ Professional Game Board “ regulations the relevant section is now called the National League system
So a non contract player who receives more than just expenses could be considered a pro? Is it the amount youre paid rather than contract status that is key?

Yeah it's odd they don't mention youth, but I come to the same conclusion as you, that essentially they will need to be registered to play and then they count as part of the 16, I seem to recall a few seasons ago we deregistered some young players in order to bring new players in which is why I think this.

I think the expenses versus salary becomes a tax issue rather than a league issue? But I guess these rules also cover amateur teams and so would cover replacing a non contract player with another non contract player?

It’s both a league and FA issue and therefore there are strict guidelines that apply and yes agreed by HMRC so very much a tax issue.

You can only pay expenses tax free if they fall within the guidelines agreed by HMRC and the FA and that doesn’t matter at what level.

Say for instance a player lives in Southend then you are extremely limited what expenses you could pay. A bit of mileage but that would be about it from a tax free perspective

Technically you could pay that player say £100 for training each day and £200 per game and yes the player would still be non contract but his expenses should then be put through payroll suffering tax/ NIC . Similarly you could pay say £300 per week but again that should be suffer PAYE.

A non contract player would be a registered player irrespective of their playing status and I am far from sure either way if the league would accept just moving one player on

That's fine..... Ron is a wizard when it comes to dealing with tax issues!

Website has been updated, Demi still there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230803-123006.png
    Screenshot_20230803-123006.png
    504.9 KB · Views: 110
Back