• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Current squad - and Louis Lomas tweet today

In all fairness Mooney isn’t going to tell a fan in the gym he doesn’t want to play for the club lol I can also confirm Mooney wants out
Just replying on what told - he is in there most days so speaks to him fairly regularly
guess the guy is trying to keep himself fit.

Just replying on what told - he is in there most days so speaks to him fairly regularly
guess the guy is trying to keep himself fit.
would be good if he was ready to play. he had a poor season last season but is far from a poor player as proved previously. Without being critical of kev and co i dont think our set up suits Mooney, so either we need to adapt to get him in the side and effective or he needs to.

would be good if he was ready to play. he had a poor season last season but is far from a poor player as proved previously. Without being critical of kev and co i dont think our set up suits Mooney, so either we need to adapt to get him in the side and effective or he needs to.
Don’t forget he also had that GBH committed on him by that Altrincham ****er that kept him out for a while.

What he could’ve done is a solid pre season and a good run in the first couple of games to get his head right. But as you say we have played to his strengths, he’s a bit like Jack Payne and Zak Brunt bit of a luxury player and we haven’t played in a style that allows players like him to fit in.

You never know with our squad being so small we may have to adapt the formation and it fits Mooney.

I wasn’t impressed with him last season after all the hype and if he left I wasn’t bothered. But if he stays always time to turn it around and I genuinely hope he does because he was class for Altrincham.

After his last season where he failed to spark and was crocked by one of his ex team mates with a red card tackle (not given of course) he needs to play to get in the shop window. At the moment I don't think his stock is that high.

If Mooney doesn't want to be here we'd be better off letting him walk now than using up a precious squad space in the hope of bringing in ten grand in a transfer fee. That seems a luxury we can't afford in the circumstances.

I think Kev won’t want Mooney around the team if he wants out… didn’t he send lopata home on a match day for the same reasons… bad vibes… good on Kev for. That 👍🏻

I’m still convinced Mooney has a role to play in our system (if he stays), and don’t think it’s quite as simple as switching to 4-4-2 to fit him in. Sure, that would help, but I think there are other solutions as well.

However if the rumours are true and he wants out, like Kev said when Łopata left, we only want players who want to be here. If he won’t play for us again at this point he’s just taking up valuable squad space.

Needs to be resolved one way or the other asap.

Hopefully Dan Mooney will keep fit this season.

Hopefully he get his opportunity to be the player he was sold to us when he signed for us last season .

I thought he was some wonder kid when he signed so yes now it's your opportunity to shine Dan :-)

Mooney is good player shame sounds like he’s off
this is interesting. If he wants out and Kev knows it why not do a Lopata on him and move him on. He is using up a space in a squad size of 16. The fact that he is still around would suggest that maybe he does have a future at the club. We know we can bring new in upto the 16 squad size so if nto in kevs plans like Clifford he could go.

Don’t forget he also had that GBH committed on him by that Altrincham ****er that kept him out for a while.

What he could’ve done is a solid pre season and a good run in the first couple of games to get his head right. But as you say we have played to his strengths, he’s a bit like Jack Payne and Zak Brunt bit of a luxury player and we haven’t played in a style that allows players like him to fit in.

You never know with our squad being so small we may have to adapt the formation and it fits Mooney.

I wasn’t impressed with him last season after all the hype and if he left I wasn’t bothered. But if he stays always time to turn it around and I genuinely hope he does because he was class for Altrincham.

3-5-2 is probably better than most at accommodating a luxury player but I think the issue is as much the pressing Maher wants them to do.

I also think it’s worth noting that for all his talent he wasn’t always an automatic starter for Altrincham. He came on at half-time in our away game up at Alty for example.

The ability is there though.

Especially if he's in the boozer everyday! 🤣

3-5-2 is probably better than most at accommodating a luxury player but I think the issue is as much the pressing Maher wants them to do.

I also think it’s worth noting that for all his talent he wasn’t always an automatic starter for Altrincham. He came on at half-time in our away game up at Alty for example.

The ability is there though.
Agree 3-5-2 would be good for him, playing just behind the 2 strikers in a free role as long as we have a CMD as one of the 3 in the middle to help protect the back 3. However playing Mooney in that role will depend on what wing backs we play as Mooney will want to drift over to the left and will only get in the way of Bridge and even Ralph likes pushing up and getting involved with Bridge. He would be more suited with a defensive kind of wing back

Agree 3-5-2 would be good for him, playing just behind the 2 strikers in a free role as long as we have a CMD as one of the 3 in the middle to help protect the back 3. However playing Mooney in that role will depend on what wing backs we play as Mooney will want to drift over to the left and will only get in the way of Bridge and even Ralph likes pushing up and getting involved with Bridge. He would be more suited with a defensive kind of wing back
Mooney tends to drifts to the right rather than left, so that would be Gus and Harry Taylor.

Back