• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Current squad - and Louis Lomas tweet today

No, Im totally serious! If a young player is getting released and not even making the first team of a national league club then it means he's not good enough! Wouldnt u disagree? I speak the truth and for some it's hard to here.
Different manager or team shape changes everything for a player out of favour some get a chance to shine through injuries to 1sr choices, Charlie Sawyer was picked up after being thrown into a losing side he still showed enough for spurs to swoop Sandat may go the same way !

Torquay have released their squad photo this season...... I'm guessing our one will take place in a bus station photo booth.

View attachment 27828
Squad of 19 - only 3 more than us.

I think it was Boreham Wood last season (or maybe season before) only had about 17 names on the squad list on the back of the programme.

Guess the teams look to add loans early, but after the start, of the season

Squad of 19 - only 3 more than us.

I think it was Boreham Wood last season (or maybe season before) only had about 17 names on the squad list on the back of the programme.

Guess the teams look to add loans early, but after the start, of the season
That's the difference, isn't it... they CAN add players if they want / need.

What is our current squad looking like now Clifford gone?

What is our current squad looking like now Clifford gone?
We are so sorry screwed.

1 keeper
1 left back (Ralph - with injury issues)
2 centre backs
1 right back

Kev likes to 3 central with wing backs, that ain't happening at the moment. ANY of these aren't fit or get injured.... we're in serious trouble.

We are so sorry screwed.

1 keeper
2 centre backs
1 right back

Kev likes to 3 central with wing backs, that ain't happening at the moment. ANY of these aren't fit or get injured.... we're in serious trouble.
Cheers Phil, i hadn't spotted that before you pointed it out mate. :Winking:

We are so sorry screwed.

1 keeper
2 centre backs
1 right back

Ralph Ken’s Taylor, bridge husin cav gus, wood cardwell Powell, we can play the normal
formation just with no depth and kids filling the bench

Ralph Ken’s Taylor, bridge husin cav gus, wood cardwell Powell, we can play the normal
formation just with no depth and kids filling the bench
You've lost me.

Who's the back 3?

Taylor isn't a central defender .... Bridge doesn't work on the right.

I know we can have 16 players but can you bring in more if a player cant play through injury?

Ndi

Lomas**, Morriss, Kensdale, Ralph*

Coker, Wood, Miley, Fonguck, Husin, Taylor, Bridge*

Powell, Cardwell, Mooney**

*Non-Contract
**Wants to leave

I know we can have 16 players but can you bring in more if a player cant play through injury?
Only if you have a medical certificate indicating the player will be out for 14 days or more.

Or you have less than 11 fit players, or the goalie is injured

You've lost me.

Who's the back 3?

Taylor isn't a central defender .... Bridge doesn't work on the right.
Taylor has played on the right side of a back 3 in the pre season friendlies and sounded like he did well.
We also have Lomas though not sure what the score is with him

Back