• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Current squad - and Louis Lomas tweet today

I’m big enough, and brave enough to admit if I’ve been wrong, and can only apologise if that’s the case.

I had it from half a dozen people who I trust, and who have very rarely steered me wrong previously, confirm what I initially heard.

However, I’ve had another person, extremely well connected say I was wrong with that on a couple of occasions and looks like I have been.

Mooney, is 100% wanting out. Powell was another who either did or was thinking about putting his notice in and decided against it. I was told Lomas was another, and it wasn’t solely down to the non-payment of wages etc but was the tip of the iceberg. He has come out and denied that and fair play.

I always felt, off the field issues aside, it was a strange one. Lopata had gone, Hobson was on his way out, and this was a golden opportunity to cement his place as a starting centre half for us.

I’m hoping to grabs it with both hands as I think he has a very high ceiling and the loss of Hobson wouldn’t be felt so much because of Lomas.

Everyone still at the Club deserves our 100% backing!

I’m big enough, and brave enough to admit if I’ve been wrong, and can only apologise if that’s the case.

I had it from half a dozen people who I trust, and who have very rarely steered me wrong previously, confirm what I initially heard.

However, I’ve had another person, extremely well connected say I was wrong with that on a couple of occasions and looks like I have been.

Mooney, is 100% wanting out. Powell was another who either did or was thinking about putting his notice in and decided against it. I was told Lomas was another, and it wasn’t solely down to the non-payment of wages etc but was the tip of the iceberg. He has come out and denied that and fair play.

I always felt, off the field issues aside, it was a strange one. Lopata had gone, Hobson was on his way out, and this was a golden opportunity to cement his place as a starting centre half for us.

I’m hoping to grabs it with both hands as I think he has a very high ceiling and the loss of Hobson wouldn’t be felt so much because of Lomas.

Everyone still at the Club deserves our 100% backing!

Fair play.

Any one coming in?

Fair play.

Any one coming in?

Not sure to be completely honest.

I’m away this week, and haven’t spoken to my people since before I went so I’m a little out of the loop.

I knew someone was going this week, but thought it was Mooney, not Clifford.

I hope it was a case of one in one out, but I don’t have a clue about this embargo/registration restriction.

FIFA have jurisdiction when it comes matters concerning players. Here’s what they say re the status of players

STATUS OF PLAYERS
2 Status of players: amateur and professional players
Players participating in organised football are either amateurs or professionals.
A professional is a player who has a written contract with a club and is paid more for his footballing activity than the expenses he effectively incurs. All other players are considered to be amateurs.

Those rules are them embedded in the FA rules and regulations.

The embargo rules as posted previously are the FAs directive and all clubs and leagues operate ( for consistency) in accordance with the FA rules.

One important thing to remember is following relegation from the EFL Southend no longer fell under the “ Professional Game Board “ regulations the relevant section is now called the National League system
Thanks although I'm not convinced that 'non-contract' = 'amateur' still. That's not my understanding of how that system works and clearly Jack Bridge and Nathan Ralph are not amateur footballers under any definition of the word.

The National League rules appear to say that they can earn a salary.

Good on Louis coming out and saying that, not often you have a player dispelling rumours personally!
I am hoping Louis Lomas can quickly regain fitness and get back in our starting line-up. He is a right-sided centre-back with terrific potential.

In retrospect, the decision by RM last season to bring in Kacper Łopata for a fee of 30,000 (which we could not afford) was not the smartest since it interrupted Lomas's development as a first-team player and meant he had something of a stop-go season. At the same time, it triggered the beginning of an embargo that has been in place ever since.

I'm hoping Mooney can be persuaded to change his mind. I still think a fit Mooney has a lot to offer in our squad.
I agree however surely Kev & Co need to change their formation, as he'll never be a wing back.
Come on Kev and Benno - you won back to back promotions playing 4-4-2 !

I hope he does, but I think we have more chance of Lomas staying than Mooney, and even that's doubtful.
Lomas is staying and stated this himself Last night. So many people saying he wants out and doesn’t want to play despite a few of us stating otherwise. Louis in injured at present but is desperate to get back playing. As for Mooney, if he wants out we should let him go. Even under an embargo we can bring players in to make up the 16. If he doesn’t want to be here which is a shame then he is wasting a space in an already small squad

Back