• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Current squad - and Louis Lomas tweet today

What the status of the embargo?

Can we potentially sign anyone prior to the sale of the club. (If that does happen)

What the status of the embargo?

Can we potentially sign anyone prior to the sale of the club. (If that does happen)
If the squad is below 16 players I think we can sign players whilst under embargo, but there might be some conditions

If the squad is below 16 players I think we can sign players whilst under embargo, but there might be some conditions
Just checked the conditions, if your squad falls below 16 players you can add players on a non contract basis

I had it on very good authority (ITK on this one), that he really did want to join us. Another one lost due to the time this takeover has taken.
Surely he could have had assurances that the takeover was happening and to hold on or we could have offered him what we are doing with Bridge!?

Hope not offers very little! There is a very good reason he hasn't broken through!! U don't need me to tell you why lol
Sorry steve i dont post very often now. Im sure you no your way around shrimperzone far better than me. But i have to ask are you serious about your comments ore are you just looking for a reaction.

Sorry steve i dont post very often now. Im sure you no your way around shrimperzone far better than me. But i have to ask are you serious about your comments ore are you just looking for a reaction.
No, Im totally serious! If a young player is getting released and not even making the first team of a national league club then it means he's not good enough! Wouldnt u disagree? I speak the truth and for some it's hard to here.

No, Im totally serious! If a young player is getting released and not even making the first team of a national league club then it means he's not good enough! Wouldnt u disagree? I speak the truth and for some it's hard to here.
Or it could just be that all players develop at different ages and time periods ala Vardy, Ian Wright both late developers who went in to have very successful careers! so it’s not the truth but an opinion.

Or it could just be that all players develop at different ages and time periods ala Vardy, Ian Wright both late developers who went in to have very successful careers! so it’s not the truth but an opinion.
They was 2 exceptionally good players! Your right, vardy started at the bottom and Wright didn't make it till age 26 but they are very rare breed! I'm just saying most young players who get released from southend at a very early age won't make it!

They was 2 exceptionally good players! Your right, vardy started at the bottom and Wright didn't make it till age 26 but they are very rare breed! I'm just saying most young players who get released from southend at a very early age won't make it!
Can someone sticky this.

A shrimpet steve post that actually makes sense.

must be the heat 😉

Great idea with such a threadbare squad and us being under an embargo!
Need to hold onto as many as possible that includes the youngsters Coker, crowhurst etc and fringe players like Tom Clifford, this drift is just topping all that's gone before!

Back