• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricket World Cup (50 Overs)

He played it perfectly until then, it was a brainless shot considering the situation. People get out, that's the game, but to slog it with the field out just before the powerplay is stupidity.

Luke ***** is ****ing brain-dead. We were going along nicely and he tries to whack it out the park with 7 overs to play.

I'm only following on cricinfo, but I don't have an issue with him going for it there. He took 10 off Bishoo's previous over and you've got to pick your bowlers to target - Roach was bowling at the other end so there aren't going to be many runs to be had there.

It might have made more sense to have taken the powerplay before trying it though.

I'm only following on cricinfo, but I don't have an issue with him going for it there. He took 10 off Bishoo's previous over and you've got to pick your bowlers to target - Roach was bowling at the other end so there aren't going to be many runs to be had there.

It might have made more sense to have taken the powerplay before trying it though.

Except off the edge, thank you very much.

He had 2 other balls down leg side that he should have scored off and then went for the best ball off the over against the spin, poor shot selection. Still he rescued the innings so cant be too critical.

All out as i'm typing for 243.

Last edited:
Surprised to see that we're favourites (4/6) to win from here. Maybe that's just my natural (and justified) pessimism regarding England and ODIs taking over though.

Surprised to see that we're favourites (4/6) to win from here. Maybe that's just my natural (and justified) pessimism regarding England and ODIs taking over though.

Looking at the tweets on cricinfo a lot of people think its a decent score......looking at the previous scores here maybe it is, but with our bowling attack (20 overs from Tredwell, Wright and Bopara!) you can't fancy us defending any total!

This has Chris Gayle hundred written all over it. Pleased to see Chanderpaul isn't playing though.

Wright and Bresnan proved this isn't the horror pitch we saw v South Africa at this ground, but more akin to the usual Chennai (av score 282 and highest successful chase 297) .. the ONLY thing is our favour is that the Windies strengthened their bowling at the expence of Shiv Chanderpaul who has a brilliant record against us

We need Gayle and Pollard early or its curtains .. gut feeling? Gayle 70 ball ton and goodnight Vienna (well Chennai but you know what i mean)

This has Chris Gayle hundred written all over it. Pleased to see Chanderpaul isn't playing though.
I seem to recall a T20 World Cup game where Windies had a D/L target to go for after we'd stumbled to a mediocre total. We took 5 quick wickets to make us think we'd won it but then Chanderpaul and (I think) Sarwan came in, steadied things off and they won comfortably.

I seem to recall a T20 World Cup game where Windies had a D/L target to go for after we'd stumbled to a mediocre total. We took 5 quick wickets to make us think we'd won it but then Chanderpaul and (I think) Sarwan came in, steadied things off and they won comfortably.

I still have nightmares about the Champions Trophy when we lost the final from having them 147-8 chasing 218:omg:

Ravi's golden arm nicks one out....DJ Sammy who was blazing away for 41. 4 wickets down but 2 of their main batsman still to come........before the tail....its gonna be tense.....especialyl as they have effectively hit our two main seamers out of the attack (Bresnan and Tremlett).

W.Indies last recognised pair after Ravi gets a second (and a wicket maiden to boot). After this their batters average 8,5,3 and -. However Sarwan and Pollard can do all sorts of damage. Come on, lets nick one more out....

Ravi is on a run of 1 run and two wickets from 26 balls. Awesome stuff.

Balls, a 4 off his last ball of the over ruins that stat!

**** off Cricinfo! He gave away a four to a loose ball. 2 wickets and 8 runs in 5 overs not good enough for you?

Think they're referring to this:

Pollard went for a huge swing over the leg side, got a leading edge high into the off side. Bopara turned and chased but couldn't take it over his shoulder

Back