• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricket World Cup (50 Overs)

wicket. Now into the tail. Though we were also into Bangladesh's tail and they put on over 50......

Maybe not attack with Tremlett though....he is being slaughtered, but then he was never really the type that you would think suited the sub-continent.....

Complete clusterf*** of a World Cup yet again. Ridiculous scheduling partly to blame, along with a lack of professionalism and ability.

Jeez that was nerve-shredding

Oh well we'll probably get the convicts next and they'll beat us by about 200 runs i imagine**

** though more likely is the Windies will beat India and Blangladesh South Africa and we'll be homeward bound after all

Brilliant game. Supposed to be finishing this research study for tomorrow lunchtime and have been very unproductive in the last hour!

So moving onwards, Shazad is out of the tournament.....hopefully we can call up someone else....so do we go for another seamer or bring in Rashid as leggies are doing well at this world cup.....

Get in!

I suppose England should have been favourites in a close situation purely because we're that much more experienced than everyone else in world cricket at it - be it tight ODI games or hanging on with one wicket remaining in tests.

So moving onwards, Shazad is out of the tournament.....hopefully we can call up someone else....so do we go for another seamer or bring in Rashid as leggies are doing well at this world cup.....

If it were down to me I'd go for Rashid, but I reckon they'll opt for Plunkett.

I didn't realise we were so good at cricket we can get runs taken off:

BBC

The Windies were 226-6, chasing 243, but were remarkably bowled out for 225 as England kept alive their hopes of reaching the World Cup Super Eights.

We took the last 4 wickets for -1 run. Did we really do that, or did the Windies run backwards?

Last edited:
Good to see tenDo knock another century in against the potato chuckers, looks in vain though as Ireland appear to be cruising it

Back