• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Chelmsford City 0-1 Southend United, pre-season friendly

Well I hope he’s got 3 or 4 more signings in mind as this negative mob just ain’t good enough. Why oh why doesn’t he look to take this poor League apart with an attacking midfielder and strength in depth strikers? Cardwell is made of balsa wood, Walton has not exactly pulled up trees but fair play Walker looks a decent signing.
Jack Bridge is never going to get out the habit of twisting and turning 6 times so imo needs benching as well to get in someone a bit more direct and creative.
Well shot of the rat so this season is the time to get out, no standout teams and a chance to massively improve on last year’s potential top 7 (in theory) position….not sure the manager sees it like that?

Well I hope he’s got 3 or 4 more signings in mind as this negative mob just ain’t good enough. Why oh why doesn’t he look to take this poor League apart with an attacking midfielder and strength in depth strikers? Cardwell is made of balsa wood, Walton has not exactly pulled up trees but fair play Walker looks a decent signing.
Jack Bridge is never going to get out the habit of twisting and turning 6 times so imo needs benching as well to get in someone a bit more direct and creative.
Well shot of the rat so this season is the time to get out, no standout teams and a chance to massively improve on last year’s potential top 7 (in theory) position….not sure the manager sees it like that?

You must hate the site of Kev smiling, Wigs

Sadly, you’ll have to put up with it for a little longer yet 🕺

Christ.

You must hate the site of Kev smiling, Wigs

Sadly, you’ll have to put up with it for a little longer yet 🕺
90% of people hated Gareth Southgate’s style of football, 70% of wet shams supporters hated Moyes’s tripe and if they are honest (no chance) on here most are not a fan of Maher’s management style and recruitment this year so far. As stated above, this is a golden chance to get out this year but as usual he is collecting defenders to barricade the goal and try to nick games 1-0, don’t get it?

Mostly repeating what others have said:
- Looked like we were comfortable and not pushing ourselves too much which is totally understandable.
- Walker looks class.
- Felt Morton struggled to impose himself.
- Feels like we don't have the options or quality to bring on off the bench to change games.

Looking forward to the real stuff starting next week!

someones been drinking tonight

90% of people hated Gareth Southgate’s style of football, 70% of wet shams supporters hated Moyes’s tripe and if they are honest (no chance) on here most are not a fan of Maher’s management style and recruitment this year so far. As stated above, this is a golden chance to get out this year but as usual he is collecting defenders to barricade the goal and try to nick games 1-0, don’t get it?
You must be the most deluded poster I’ve ever seen and there’s a few so fair play. Most definitely are fans of Maher and he’s said he wants an am and a st. So what you actually on about?

Certainly not…., my honest opinion, let’s have yours?
read my report from today

As for a proper analysis, i agree we need to sign a few more players but dont forget this group under extreme circumstances without -10 pts achieved enough points for the play offs and even then only just missed out. We had the best defence and in Bridge one of the best attacking players in the league and Cardwell scored 18 goals. The football isnt always Brazil 1970 but im not going to start digging kev and co out over it after they had to perform with one hand sometimes both hands tied behind their back. Already this season we are playing catch up due to the embargo but in Walker, Gubbins and Wind we have improved the quality further. No doubt one or two more will follow this week. Where Kev needs to improve is in having a plan B. This season he will have a full squad, 7 on the bench and able to make 5 subs. Last season at times we couldnt even make 3, so rightly this season he will be judged more severely but your comments after a pre season where we have only lost once are ridiculous.

read my report from today

As for a proper analysis, i agree we need to sign a few more players but dont forget this group under extreme circumstances without -10 pts achieved enough points for the play offs and even then only just missed out. We had the best defence and in Bridge one of the best attacking players in the league and Cardwell scored 18 goals. The football isnt always Brazil 1970 but im not going to start digging kev and co out over it after they had to perform with one hand sometimes both hands tied behind their back. Already this season we are playing catch up due to the embargo but in Walker, Gubbins and Wind we have improved the quality further. No doubt one or two more will follow this week. Where Kev needs to improve is in having a plan B. This season he will have a full squad, 7 on the bench and able to make 5 subs. Last season at times we couldnt even make 3, so rightly this season he will be judged more severely but your comments after a pre season where we have only lost once are ridiculous.
About spot on for me that. We’ve arguably let our weakest players leave and added in some first team / good competition. A good replacement for Fonguck and we should be pushing for top 3.

Blues boss Kevin Maher confirmed Pedder was not fit enough to face the Clarets.

“He had a bad hamstring injury at the back end of last year at QPR so he wasn’t available for today,” said Maher.

Slightly worrying that he's still carrying/ feeling the effects of a hamstring injury he had at the back end of last season with QPR.

Last edited:
Yes I thought that. He seemed ok in other games but if there is a weakness then we probably should be careful on whether to sign him or should we look elsewhere ?
Who else is our there though that we could bring in now at the right price? We need a player that's ready now and one could argue a player that could potentially go straight into the team.

Back