• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Chelmsford City 0-1 Southend United, pre-season friendly

I have had Wiggy on ignore for years and years. At my age you've had enough of reading complete bollocks. Life's too short and it gets shorter every day. From the comments above it seems as though he's not changed and people by and large don't. Just ignore him.
Easy answer to all these posts. Put Wiggy on ignore, it makes your life so much more enriched
Yep, @C'mon you Shrimpers & @davewebbsbrain that's how I get the upgraded "Shimperzone Gold" service. These one trick ponies that jack off on the oxygen of their own keyboard warrior publicity just go on ignore & the world becomes a much better place immediately.

I think we have had more than our fair share of recruiting players who are prone to injuries.
Don't employ anyone who is injured before they sign.
I agree. I think there are too many acting a little desperate which is totally irrational. We didn't have a proper CAM last season and comfortably secured the points to get into the playoffs. People will state that Wes was a CAM but look at the output. I'm sure it was something like 3 goals and 2 assists. Losing him isn't the end of the world. We've now added another goalscorer who has just bagged 4 in preseason and scored at this level previously.

Of course, I'd love to have a CAM come in but I don't want us to just sign the first one that comes along, especially if they have an injury or have had an injury record. It might mean waiting for the FL window to shut to get a really good loan. If that is the case, so be it.

Last edited:
I have had Wiggy on ignore for years and years. At my age you've had enough of reading complete bollocks. Life's too short and it gets shorter every day. From the comments above it seems as though he's not charged and people by and large don't. Just ignore him.
Strange forum this?
My opinion is that we are weak on a supply line and weak on strikers at the start of a season in a League that is very weak?
However the little club of Kev lovers don’t seem to have any opinion on this?
Clearly we are lacking but 99% are scared to admit it for fear of upsetting someone or the other….thought it was about opinions positive and negative, not this little gang!

Strange forum this?
My opinion is that we are weak on a supply line and weak on strikers at the start of a season in a League that is very weak?
Clearly we are lacking but 99% are scared to admit it for fear of upsetting someone or the other….thought it was about opinions positive and negative, not this little gang!
99% are scared? 😆 Everyone knows we need an attacking midfielder and possibly another forward, literally everyone agrees and have been discussing it for months, what a bizarre thing to say.

99% are scared? 😆 Everyone knows we need an attacking midfielder and possibly another forward, literally everyone agrees and have been discussing it for months, what a bizarre thing to say.
So why are the little clique say I’m talking bollox if everyone knows it?
Same old little clique

Strange forum this?
Let me get this right, you're complaining about being a few players short? We were nearly, a squad, a stadium and more importantly, a club short a few months ago!

I strongly urge you to count your blessings that something as trivial as an additional few players is all you've got to complain about at present.

So why are the little clique say I’m talking bollox if everyone knows it?
Same old little clique
Read your messages back to yourself - you have a way of expressing an opinion in an overtly negative/offensive way.

Your 2nd paragraph in post 194 is totally agreeable, unfortunately the rest of the post is just written to put people's backs up.

Strange forum this?
Just interested? Would you like Kev to go?

Read your messages back to yourself - you have a way of expressing an opinion in an overtly negative/offensive way.

Your 2nd paragraph in post 194 is totally agreeable, unfortunately the rest of the post is just written to put people's backs up.
That’s because I am extremely passionate and convinced that this is our best chance for years to get out of this insult of a League with teams such as Braintree in it.
All I keep hearing about is defenders, ain’t we got enough of them?
If we must play Jack Bridge then why get rid of the bloke that he played best with , Wez?
Should be on a massive high having got rid of the rat but as usual it is lack of goals that I’m worried about but the clique don’t mention that, just say I’m wrong for dare mentioning that!

I actually think it's good that people have differing views on here. It creates debate which is why we have this forum. Just because Wiggys views differ from others he is still entitled to express them.
He makes some valid points IMO, which everybody on here can debate without bashing him for his own.

I actually think it's good that people have differing views on here. It creates debate which is why we have this forum. Just because Wiggys views differ from others he is still entitled to express them.
He makes some valid points IMO.
Yes it’s very strange how they all wet themselves with any criticism of Maher….the coach who reprimanded us paying crowd for dare to shout shooot when in a good position 20 yards from goal?

Yes it’s very strange how they all wet themselves with any criticism of Maher….the coach who reprimanded us paying crowd for dare to shout shooot when in a good position 20 yards from goal?

You seem to blame Maher for Southends ability to sign a player. We were under an embargo, then had to wait for the takeover to.go through and missed out on some top targets.

None of that is down to Maher. I'm sure he would love a couple attacking players so he can play a more attractive brand of football but since coming in, he has continually been trying to do so with his hands tied behind his back.

Back