• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Another classic Tory Brexit fiasco.

'Seaborne Freight was awarded a £13.8m contract this week to run a freight service between Ramsgate and Ostend.
The firm has never run a ferry service and a local councillor said it would be impossible to launch before Brexit'

"Why choose a company that never moved a single truck in their entire history and give them £14m? I don't understand the logic of that"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46714984

Have you got a link to these figures?

Yes I do apologise AS, I should have said unemployed rather than never worked. Looking on Bielzibubz link the figurers are actually 50% for men and 75% for women.

Incredibly muslims claiming disability benefits are 21% for men and 24% for women.

The stast on sex attcks around Europe might well interest you AS...…250,000 in Sweden.

Or how about Syrians who commited a crime within 12 months of arriving in Britain.....56 %

Strangely hubby recently took part in a survey of 80,000+ respondents into "how they would vote now" - I can't remember who he said had run the survey and he only did it because you couldn't see the results without taking part, but 80% of those who had responded said they would now vote to leave. Many cited the absolute debacle surrounding not accepting the democratic will of the people in the original referendum as part of their reasons for voting as they had.

I was at Christmas gathering the other day and the house owner who runs his own business and voted Remain. He didn't agree with the result but says he will march on parliament if the decision is overturned.

He believes there would be no point in ever voting again and would ruin his children's future.

Another classic Tory Brexit fiasco.

'Seaborne Freight was awarded a £13.8m contract this week to run a freight service between Ramsgate and Ostend.
The firm has never run a ferry service and a local councillor said it would be impossible to launch before Brexit'

"Why choose a company that never moved a single truck in their entire history and give them £14m? I don't understand the logic of that"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46714984

That company also lies on it's website by saying that it already operates between Ramsgate and Ostend, and offers facilities uniquely tailored to the needs of the freight industry. But there's no such service in operation. A couple of months ago it's total share capital was £66.25. It doesn't seem to have assets, and when asked to name the ships it will be using, they refused to answer. It's obviously a start up business, and just exists on paper. It could easily be a scam or a get rich quick temporary business taking advantage. Even if it is never used if no deal doesn't happen, it can keep some of the Millions.
You couldn't make it up.

Last edited:
Or a shell company that if you cared to delve deep enough through its off shore registration probably has a Tory politician as its CEO

That company also lies on it's website by saying that it already operates between Ramsgate and Ostend, and offers facilities uniquely tailored to the needs of the freight industry. But there's no such service in operation. A couple of months ago it's total share capital was £66.25. It doesn't seem to have assets, and when asked to name the ships it will be using, they refused to answer. It's obviously a start up business, and just exists on paper. It could easily be a scam or a get rich quick temporary business taking advantage. Even if it is never used if no deal doesn't happen, it can keep some of the Millions.
You couldn't make it up.
There has been a few incidents of major government contractors having to be bailed out by the government for tens of millions and this really seems to indicate nothing has been learned from that.

I was at Christmas gathering the other day and the house owner who runs his own business and voted Remain. He didn't agree with the result but says he will march on parliament if the decision is overturned.

He believes there would be no point in ever voting again and would ruin his children's future.
If he voted Remain why would he see Remaining as ruining his children's future?

Yes I do apologise AS, I should have said unemployed rather than never worked. Looking on Bielzibubz link the figurers are actually 50% for men and 75% for women.

Incredibly muslims claiming disability benefits are 21% for men and 24% for women.

The stast on sex attcks around Europe might well interest you AS...…250,000 in Sweden.

Or how about Syrians who commited a crime within 12 months of arriving in Britain.....56 %
Again, have you got a link to your stats please?

Or a shell company that if you cared to delve deep enough through its off shore registration probably has a Tory politician as its CEO
Two of the directors of Seaborne, Glenn Dudley and J-M Copyans were involved with myferrylink, which ceased operations in 2015, according to a post on bfenthusiasts.com. A checkered history indeed.

Still waiting for the French figures, wich you claimed were higher. Perhaps the following may help?

https://www.inegalites.fr/Chomage-d...es-inegalites-sociales-et-des-discriminations

The problem is, when you throw such wildly incorrect figures out for discussion. You may understand people when they have little faith in other things you may claim.

Seriously? The fact that a democratic vote has been ignored wouldn't raise alarm bells for the future?
The government called an election 3 years early after bringing in 5 year fixed Parliament, paid £1 billion out of taxpayer funds to secure the backing of 10 DUP MPs whose party policies are abhorrent to most of the rest of the UK, have ignored being found in contempt of Parliament - the first government ever to face that, have brushed off losing 3 Parliamentary votes in one day, have had 5 days of debate on the biggest Parliamentary vote in decades and then pulled the vote at the last minute.

If this government can't deliver Brexit I don't think it's deliberate I think it's incompetence, but we can be sure they have no respect for democracy whether Brexit happens or not.

Seriously? The fact that a democratic vote has been ignored wouldn't raise alarm bells for the future?
what's undemocratic about asking the public to vote again after it's been clearly demonstrated by the current government that the brexit (illegally) promised by the leave campaign isn't feasible?

Still waiting for the French figures, wich you claimed were higher. Perhaps the following may help?

https://www.inegalites.fr/Chomage-d...es-inegalites-sociales-et-des-discriminations

The problem is, when you throw such wildly incorrect figures out for discussion. You may understand people when they have little faith in other things you may claim.

If you can’t look it up why don’t you ask some yellow vests.

I was more interested in the Germany figures.

If you can’t look it up why don’t you ask some yellow vests.

I was more interested in the Germany figures.
Standard practice that if you quote figures that you provide a link to your figures rather than expecting someone else to search the infinite mass of the internet hoping to stumble across your numbers.

If you were using stats from memory that can't be backed up with a link to the data just say so.

so your initial data was from the same website posted up by another zone member? Why would 2 people use the same website from a man who died 10 years ago? What a crazy coincidence.

No it was not. You asked and you got. The fact it highlights all the problems with muslims you deny wont make them go away...…44% of people in prison for serious crimes are muslim. Of course higher in France

Last edited:
what's undemocratic about asking the public to vote again after it's been clearly demonstrated by the current government that the brexit (illegally) promised by the leave campaign isn't feasible?

No it hasn't, remain had far more and even illegal government funding, You lost on a democratic vote, Time you accepted it.

Back