• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bailey... Go Now!!!.. Don't hang about!!!

Jay if he came out and said he wanted to play at a higher level, but would still give my all for Southend until that move came around, then people wouldn't be as ****ed off as they are.

But he's come out saying, this is my dream move, im not going to play because I dont want to injury myself, it wasn't choice to go on transfer list even tho I turned a contract offer.

Quite frankly he deserves all the abuse he gets.

Couldn't agree more.

well that's what happens when clueless chairmans start ****ing around with players.

Says he wants to go to Palar$e though, so I'd say yes, he's got a shot at the QPR first team.
:stunned:

What a selfish ****, If he wants to move then why cant he just tell Ron and continue, instead he has to go public and cause an uproar. No-one would have been that bothered with him if he just left, its the way hes come out and said "I shouldn't be expected to play etc." Also the OS would never have anything like this on their site as it is too negative and Sky do not need to sensationalise on their website as a)only southend and charlton fans would be interested and b) they are not selling the story.

i think his agent has stoked him up anyway and regardless of RMs actions this situation would still have arisen, players run the game now end of, RM took a stand wrongly or rightly, he was offered a pay rise and refused it because he knows he could get more elsewhere I cant blame bailey for that he has a young family and rightly wants as much money out of a short career but surely there is a better way to go about it

Sky Sports don't just make stuff up. Why would they? Do you think anyone other than fans of Southend and Charlton are interested in this. His agent will have given them the story.

But it is not very accurate. They do not even know where Southend is:

"but he had a superb campaign on the South Coast winning their Player of the Year award."

well that's what happens when clueless chairmans start ****ing around with players.

So would you like the club to meet his wage demands?

Imagine if we had done and Charlton had come in for him even after we had met them. It wouldn't have made a diference as they are still a Championship club. He (his agent) would still be doing this.

What's all the fuss about, i thought he left after the port vale game last year. Certainly didn't see him in the play offs.

What's all the fuss about, i thought he left after the port vale game last year. Certainly didn't see him in the play offs.

:D

Too true, I'm afraid.

Part of me wants to say that we should get the c**t out of the club as soon as possible, but obviously we should try to get as much for him as we can. Thanks to his behaviour (and his blatant "come and get me" plea) it looks as though the fee we get for him is going to be reduced though. :madman:

Last edited:
What a ****ing ******......

On the positive side we are going to make a positive return from a player we only brought a season ago and as Charlton are likely to get £2 Million for there Chinese Bloke then we should get a fair cut of that.

Dont blame a player for wanting to move on but those direct quotes are a ****ing disgrace to the club and the fans.

Find it weird that people say let him rot in the reserves. Imagine the outcry when we have no money to spend on a replacement.

No issues with Charlton. Bailey is a good player and will do well at that level I am sure. All he had to do to keep the fans onside was to explain he wants to progress his career and will give 110% until he gets a move.

Last edited:
Personally he should be made to work for his wages today. How about someone gives him an apron and send him over the the food counter to serve the burgers or even better make him eat one. Soon be begging to play then

A few of the players will probably turn against him aswell now.

There is no loyalty in football anymore, Players are only loyal to who is going to pay them the most money, Contracts mean nothing.

It's a Disgrace !!!

Quite right.

Bailey has come out and confirmed by his statement, what had been suspected, and proven himself nothing more than another footballing MERCINARY.

Loyalty to fulfilling his contract and [1] earning his wages and [2] repaying the faith we had in taking him from football obscurity at Barnet count for NOTHING.

He had the opportunity to work for "his dream move" by playing, advertising his skills & assisting the team to make a good start, but chooses the soft option of sitting on his ****.

Scum.

OBL's post, above also confirms. Good spot Kay

Last edited:
And what a contrast with Capt. Kev whom he effectively displaced, eh? A decade of loyal service by one player, just one year by the other. And a stark comparison with our current captain, whose head wasn't turned at all by Col Ewe's interest and just got on with his game. He might have a footballing brain but clearly lacks the character of some 'less talented' players. Bye bye...

To be fair, I'm really of mixed opinions here.

Firstly Bailey is a quality player, fanastic and up there with the best after Eastwood (obv. in a league of his own) in my 12 years following the Blues. His commitment and determination on the pitch is fanastic and probably the best finisher at the club. He has two years on his contract and didn't ask for a move. He hasn't requested to leave the club and felt harshly (maybe) that he was placed on the transfer list.

He is obviously ambitious and that what makes him stand out on the pitch, and why he's not flipping burgers on minimum wage like loadsa half-decent semi-pro players.

To be honest I think his 'dream move' comment has been taken out of context, obviously its not the same as Man U or Barcelona, but its a massive improvement on SUFC (IMO).

However, he's clearly stupid. Clearly. I suspect that with three weeks to go the he'll get his move. But surely he didn't expect Southend to take the first offer (I can never remember RM doing that). His comments were foolish and will only distance himself from the fans/club/team, maybe thats his wish. Unfortunately this will darken my memories that he's given me last season.

Nevermind, there'll be another CM about, but talk about crap timing! No Macca, No Bailey. Time for Moussa to step up....

Back