• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bailey... Go Now!!!.. Don't hang about!!!

The only way he can silence the fans is by scoring goals... a la Ronaldo

If he scores a last minute winner today I'm sure the majority of fans will forget this for a bit.

if bailey wasnt on the transfer list i honestly think he'd be happy to stay here!
i think there would have been intrest from other clubs but i dont think any bids would have come in.

I'm blaming Big Ron for this one!

if bailey wasnt on the transfer list i honestly think he'd be happy to stay here!
i think there would have been intrest from other clubs but i dont think any bids would have come in.

Honestly can't agree with that. He rejected double his wages, has said he wants to move to a bigger club. He would have wanted to move whether Ron had listed him or not.

I'd rather he left now then stayed for a year anyway, he's clearly not the best character in the dressing room.

No chance, he wants to move on and would have wanted to join them anyway.

To ask for us to double his wages was absurd and if we had agreed we would have paid him far more to stay here and then he would have left anyway.

Hardly a shocker our best players want to join bigger clubs, just a pain for it to happen now when we dont even have McCormack.

To ask for us to double his wages was absurd and if we had agreed we would have paid him far more to stay here and then he would have left anyway.
Interestingly enough Ron said we actually offered to double his wages but he rejected it and wanted more. I'm guessing he's on 1k p/w, so he'd be on 2k p/w after playing in the conference 2 seasons ago. Not too shabby.

Interestingly enough Ron said we actually offered to double his wages but he rejected it and wanted more. I'm guessing he's on 1k p/w, so he'd be on 2k p/w after playing in the conference 2 seasons ago. Not too shabby.

Reckon he is on more than 1k. He was Barnets player of the season and cost us £175k wasnt it ? Cant imagine we only paid him 1k per week.

Yeah probably 1.5 - 2k . Which would mean a doubled salary would be 3-4k.

love the avatar btw :)

"But I did not ask to be listed, the club listed me after I turned down a contract, so all along this situation has not been of my making."

Get lost Nicky - you bought this on your self!!!

"But I did not ask to be listed, the club listed me after I turned down a contract, so all along this situation has not been of my making."

Get lost Nicky - you bought this on your self!!!

Quite right. 2 years to run on his contract & offered improved terms [doubling of wages] and he rejects, so placed on t/f list [no problem with that decision] as he shows lack of commitment to honour his contract even at much improved terms.

Whilst we can expect interest from other clubs, for him to come out with the statement on the eve of the opening game in the terms of it, was a kick in the teeth to the team, supporters and management alike and the timing was potentially damaging.

Thankfully the team got down to business and his performance was better than he stated could be expected.

Being watched by other clubs may have had something to do with that and the sooner we get this sorted and instal Grant the better, so we can bind our midfield into a unit that will see us through the whole season and beyond.

I went to the game fully prepared to give Bailey some stick if he put in a half-hearted performance. However he was truly magnificent, head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch - so i nstead of booing him off the pitch I applauded him.

If that's how he plays when his head isn't right then when everything is sorted out he'll be one heck of a player.

I went to the game fully prepared to give Bailey some stick if he put in a half-hearted performance. However he was truly magnificent, head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch - so i nstead of booing him off the pitch I applauded him.

If that's how he plays when his head isn't right then when everything is sorted out he'll be one heck of a player.

My thoughts exactly. Whether he stays or goes or says whatever he says, if he plays like that, we will only have a problem when he leaves.

Yer and if he had a brain he would be frightening

My thoughts exactly. Whether he stays or goes or says whatever he says, if he plays like that, we will only have a problem when he leaves.

What would you in percentage terms say would be the difference between playing say Grant and Bailey ? If it may be only 5% then it's so marginal as to not cause much if any concern.

In time IMO Grant will be as good or better

For not wanting to get injured he went flying in to a few tackles. Lets hope he continues to play like that until he leaves.
Also, what a great opportunity for Moussa now. He started slowly but gradually got into the game and did quite well. If he knows he'll get a few games in a row now he might relax a bit and show us why Tilly rates him so highly.

Back