• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bailey... Go Now!!!.. Don't hang about!!!

Nevermind, there'll be another CM about, but talk about crap timing! No Macca, No Bailey. Time for Moussa to step up....

That's what makes his behaviour even more disgraceful. To effectively refuse to play, especially when he knows the size of the squad is still small and when he has been a key player at the heart of the midfield makes all of this especially painful for us. It looks as though this afternoon's midfield will be a relatively inexperienced (save for Betsy):

Betsy Grant Moooooossse Scannell

That's what makes his behaviour even more disgraceful. To effectively refuse to play, especially when he knows the size of the squad is still small and when he has been a key player at the heart of the midfield makes all of this especially painful for us. It looks as though this afternoon's midfield will be a relatively inexperienced (save for Betsy):

Think that's quite an exciting prospect actually! Nicky who?

Disgraceful is a polite manner to desribe his timing. It could be likended to a kick in the ******** to the team, management and fans all rolled into one.

I wouldn't have minded if he had just said, I want to go there I want to play at a higher level. Who doesnt? But the way he has gone about this, disrespecting the team and fans who have built him into the good player he is is f****** ridiculous. Id rather have players with less ability than ones with no respect.
Anyway, lets forget about that c*** and concentrate on getting behind the REST of our team and get them three points today :)
(& maybe giving a bit of stick to Bailey if his on the bench :p)

Quite right.

Bailey has come out and confirmed by his statement, what had been suspected, and proven himself nothing more than another footballing MERCINARY.

Loyalty to fulfilling his contract and [1] earning his wages and [2] repaying the faith we had in taking him from football obscurity at Barnet count for NOTHING.

He had the opportunity to work for "his dream move" by playing, advertising his skills & assisting the team to make a good start, but chooses the soft option of sitting on his ****.

Scum.

OBL's post, above also confirms. Good spot Kay

Spot on, we owe this man nothing! make the transfer as long and drawn out as we need to get as much cash as possible. We hold all the cards with him having 2yrs left. I'd rather have a comitted Moussa or Grant playing than a sulking Bailey, I'm not there today but i'd hope bailey gets a reception thats fitting.

if his on the bench :p)

i doubt he'll even be at the ground

should he have the nuts to turn up, then there should be a mind-numbing amount of booing going on, especially with that F****ng Fat C**t Judas Fry rearing his ugly bonce

Al

After the knee jerk reaction of my 1st post, which seems to have been echoed by most on here, I cant help but think we'll be playing right into Baileys hands if we were to give him a bad reception today. Surely a show of hatred would force Rons hand into selling giving Bailey and Charlton the upper hand in this saga, meaning less cash for us? The likelyhood of keeping everyone quiet on this issue is extremely slim, especially with the timing of this "press release".

But Moussa is ****... you lot leep telling me football's a business, every time i bring it up about Ron Martin, well as far as i can see, you slating Nicky Bailey, a Southend Hero, because he wants to leave... but it's just business right? You can't have it both ways.

No one is annoyed at Bailey wanting to leave (I don't think). It's the way that he's gone about it that's angered a lot of people.

JCR wanted out last year, but he didn't go crying to the press about how his poor little head wasn't right. He's deliberately manipulated a situation where the Club can't play him.

No one is annoyed at Bailey wanting to leave (I don't think). It's the way that he's gone about it that's angered a lot of people.

JCR wanted out last year, but he didn't go crying to the press about how his poor little head wasn't right. He's deliberately manipulated a situation where the Club can't play him.

Exactly and whether he comes out bleating that it wasn't him it was his agent or not, I don't really care. It amounts to the same thing. There has to be something within their contracts that should cover this kind of thing - that if they decide it's in their own interests to opt out to keep themselves "injury free" then they automatically forfeit 50% of their wages or something similar. Disgraceful behaviour.

exactly!!!

Exactly and whether he comes out bleating that it wasn't him it was his agent or not, I don't really care. It amounts to the same thing. There has to be something within their contracts that should cover this kind of thing - that if they decide it's in their own interests to opt out to keep themselves "injury free" then they automatically forfeit 50% of their wages or something similar. Disgraceful behaviour.

If he's on his way, why not fine him a weeks wages for unprofessional behavior? can you do that or is it only in FM?

If he's on his way, why not fine him a weeks wages for unprofessional behavior? can you do that or is it only in FM?

Don't know, that's what I'm saying, there ought to certainly be some sort of clause written into their contracts to cover this kind of situation.

ooh 50% of his wages, i bet that will really scare him seeing as in a weeks time he'll be on triple his current wage plus a big signing on fee!

ooh 50% of his wages, i bet that will really scare him seeing as in a weeks time he'll be on triple his current wage plus a big signing on fee!

That's not the point. Regardless of what he may or not earn in the future he cannot be expected to be paid by us, when he withdraws from making himself available to play purely for whats going on in his tiny brain.

Back