• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bailey... Go Now!!!.. Don't hang about!!!

JCR wanted out last year, but he didn't go crying to the press about how his poor little head wasn't right. He's deliberately manipulated a situation where the Club can't play him.

Think you are wrong about JCR I seem to remember him asking to be left out of the team because "his head wasn't right".

Chaps I think you need to appreciate these words are probably coming from Nicky's agents mouth rather than Nicky himself. The Chairman has asked you to put your frustrations to one side and support the team.

He's issued another statement here: http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1361945,00.html

Fair enough and I will support him as long as he is part of the team. However, I don't think the fans can be expected not to vent their anger towards him when he has kicked us in the b******s as he has so blatantly done by through that interview on Sky Sports. I don't care whether it was him or his agent, he is responsible for quotes made in his name and until he issues an unreserved apology, he will be held by the fans in the same regard as that fat judas c**t Barry Fry. :darkcloud:

Spot on, we owe this man nothing! make the transfer as long and drawn out as we need to get as much cash as possible. We hold all the cards with him having 2yrs left. I'd rather have a comitted Moussa or Grant playing than a sulking Bailey, I'm not there today but i'd hope bailey gets a reception thats fitting.

Yes, agree fully and now he has shown his "true colours" we should have no consideration for him, but only what is right for SUFC & that must be to ensure we drive a hard bargain to the buying up his remaining 2 year contract with us, so that our investment in him is repaid to the max + future sell on clauses [as he is likely to continue his journeymanning - leopards do not change their spots].

Chaps I think you need to appreciate these words are probably coming from Nicky's agents mouth rather than Nicky himself. The Chairman has asked you to put your frustrations to one side and support the team.

He's issued another statement here: http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1361945,00.html

According to what RM says in that statement he says that Bailey gave the interview to Sky, not his agent, unless I'm reading that wrongly.

Blimey Uncle Ron has been busy at the computer. No statement for months and then 3 in as many days!

Fair enough and I will support him as long as he is part of the team. However, I don't think the fans can be expected not to vent their anger towards him when he has kicked us in the b******s as he has so blatantly done by through that interview on Sky Sports. I don't care whether it was him or his agent, he is responsible for quotes made in his name and until he issues an unreserved apology, he will be held by the fans in the same regard as that fat judas c**t Barry Fry. :darkcloud:

Rediculous. How can Bailey be quoted as saying his head will be wrong, cannot play at full tilt etc etc, without that being true.

Accept Bailey may be naive, and the team and supporters should channel their anger in a positive fashion toward getting behind the team in achieving a good result today but surely Bailey cannot be included.

How will the committed team players re-act, to have a known treasonist and non-committed "man" amongst their ranks ?

Last edited:
Nick Bailey is an unprofessional d**k head for the comments he is alleged to have made to SSN.....I think we can say that is the perceived opinion on here. If his F.I. (football intelligence may be around 120......... off the pitch his I.Q. must struggle to reach 12. I can't believe that he will not hear about the wrath he has brought upon himself (on this site) by his senseless comments.........either some one will tell him or, read to him, the comments made. IF he is selected today, as well as being thick, he will have to be thick-skinned in order to take the kind of reception he is likely to face off the pitch. Whereas he may claim his innocence for having brought about the original transfer situation............there is no doubt that, what is coming down on him now, is 100% his own doing.
Having said all that I suppose I am living in cloud cuckoo land to believe that our supporters will not descend to his level, by booing him. IF HE IS THERE, which I feel he should be, I do believe that we have to be a little cleverer than him. I reiterate what I said last night.......if his name is called out a response of silence would be more effective than booing. For our part today we are likely to start with a team that has a number of newcomers who need to be cheered, encouraged and welcomed.
Booing one individual is not going to help the general ambiance nor the team. The sum of Southend united is FAR more important than any one individual player .....we saw that after Freddy left.....we shall certainly see it again after Bailey has gone. For the moment, he is playing for us and until that changes ALL the team need to be cheered on, hopefully to victory, today.

Rediculous that Bailey can seek to distance himself from this. How can Bailey be quoted as saying his head will be wrong, cannot play at full tilt etc etc, without that being true.

Accept Bailey may be naive, and the team and supporters should channel their anger in a positive fashion toward getting behind the team in achieving a good result today but surely Bailey cannot be included.

How will the other committed team players re-act, to have a known treasonist and non-committed "man" amongst their ranks ?

Last edited:
Christ! After posting my rant I've just seen a statement put out by Ron on the OS (who can doubt, that the powers that be, read this site?) Nick Bailey WILL play today and thank you Ron, for backing up what I've just said about getting behind the WHOLE team.

The only way to go is to neither cheer or boo him, just silence and vent feelings after the game. We must support the team as any dissension will affect all the team.

The only way to go is to neither cheer or boo him, just silence and vent feelings after the game. We must support the team as any dissension will affect all the team.

Agreed Ken, a few have said this and I think it's the way to go. If he gets subbed then that might be a different matter!

a tongue lashing maybe!!!! afterwards then!!!! work for the slicker licker!!!

I don't think that will help the team though.

Me neither mate. Never said I would be doing it but, there will be a big majority booing Bailey even if Ron comes out pleading with the fans not to do it.
He deserves to be booed. Under contract with us then he goes blabbing to Sky Sports saying it'd be a dream to go there knowing full well it'd annoy everyone to do with Southend United. Thanks alot Bailey.

why are we all blaming bailey for whats going on?
ron martin should be blamed as he has put him on the transfer list bailey never wanted to leave! he just didnt want to extend a contract that already has two years left!

i can see why bailey didnt want to sign an extension he has ambition didnt mean he didnt want to stay and go up with southend!

i think what bailey was thinking was that if southend dont go up this year he would leave next year! and not be tied down for another 3 years!

I hate booing our own players we have a bad enough atmosphere at roots hall anyway so why make it worse by booing our players.
GET BEHIND ALL THE TEAM WE NEED TO GET OFF TO A GOOD START

Only just seen this...

disgrace, dissapointing and a massive shame.

thanks for staying for barely year though mate, sorry if it was too long for you!

why are we all blaming bailey for whats going on?
ron martin should be blamed as he has put him on the transfer list bailey never wanted to leave! he just didnt want to extend a contract that already has two years left!

i can see why bailey didnt want to sign an extension he has ambition didnt mean he didnt want to stay and go up with southend!

i think what bailey was thinking was that if southend dont go up this year he would leave next year! and not be tied down for another 3 years!

I hate booing our own players we have a bad enough atmosphere at roots hall anyway so why make it worse by booing our players.
GET BEHIND ALL THE TEAM WE NEED TO GET OFF TO A GOOD START

Agreed about not booing Bailey, but do you seriously believe that there wouldn't have been bids for him anyway? And regardless, his interview on Sky Sports was a total disgrace.

Back