• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread AFC Fylde v Southend United, Tuesday 17th September K/O 7:45pm

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know historically Kev favours his 3 at the back, with 2 in front, and rarely changes from that. If that is going to remain, id like to see him a little braver with his selection against Flyde.

Despite losing Kensdale, we don’t have a bad back line, who were superb to shut out a good Eastleigh side and Paul McCallum. They've just got to work out what went so badly wrong just 4 days later with the same players, becuse they did fold like a cheap tent.

I would argue if you're playing a back 3, and 5 when out of possession including the wing backs, you dont need another 2 defensive midfielders. That then leaves just two offensive players to support the loan front man. In Pepple's case, an inexperience lad still learning the game and this level, without any guidance around him. No wonder the front men aren't getting goals.

The table doesn't lie. Flyde have shipped in 18 goals and sit on just 5 points. Therefore, they are there for the taking. Despite our squad being a few short, we still have a decent group of players, and 10 points from 8 games isn’t good enough from them. Therefore I'd like to see us set up to take Flyde out early, then revert to shoring up the side with defensive players to see the result out.

The front men are living off of scraps, which has to change. Service going forward then takes pressure off the back line, and then Collin, doesn't have to hopelessly kick the ball forward from back passes, to just 2 players around the final third who don't keep possesion very long.

Bonne needs minutes, as does KAF, Crowther needs dropping and Pepple perhaps needs a rest, to come on from the bench. And Collin needs options!

Ndie
GSM
Bridge
Ralph
Gubbins
Taylor

Husin
Appiah-Forsun

Moncur
Walker
Bonne
Love the Font. 😁

Fylde are certainties for relegation on current form. Keeping Nick Haughton quiet is the first priority though. Need to be looking for 3 points from this one. A defeat would be disappointing. But we need to be prepared for a new manager/interim bounce…

Nick Haughton now thats a player Southend should go after .yes they were bottom of the league until they came to RH and kicked us off the park winning 2-0 i do believe. We got their season rolling ,probably do it again this season too .

Nick Haughton now thats a player Southend should go after .yes they were bottom of the league until they came to RH and kicked us off the park winning 2-0 i do believe. We got their season rolling ,probably do it again this season too .

There is a reason he hasn't left Fylde, despite being their top scorer for god knows how many seasons...

We couldn't get anywhere near what they are paying him. Neither could a lot of EFL sides.

Absolutely agree though. Would be a perfect signing for us. A goalscoring midfielder!

why is it too early for Bonne to start , give him the first 60 miutes then bring Pepple on. How long before Walker is ready to participate in some way.
Agreed.

If we stand any chance of promotion or play offs, we'll need a regular scorer. Bonne is most likely to meet that demand, having previously done it at this level.

He isn't recovering from an injury, just short of match fitness, and the only way to manage that is give him minutes.

He has come with many question marks regarding the last 2 years and whether he can still cut it. His finishing was poor on Saturday, so give him a starting place for the next 3-4 games to show if he is up to it or not. Why wait half a season to find out if this guy isn't going to work?

Here we go again, this time on the road to Fylde. To celebrate this I paid a visit to their Fans Board. To say it was whistle stop is an understatement. No mention of the game tomorrow at all. Lots of grumbles that their site is a bit rubbish though. With that done, I wonder what Southend will turn up tomorrow. My guess is that we will grind out a hard earnt point with our defence looking to re-establish a battered reputation and Collin looking to be a bit more accurate with his kicking. Unless we announce some newbies today, then it will be the same as Saturday, and I hope they have enough legs to do the 90, so maybe KAF will start instead of George (who may still be blowing out of his arse after Saturday's exertions).

For sad arses like me that are not making the journey, the game will be streamed live on NLTV without the need to pop over to the continent to see it, a bonus.

4-2-3-1 tuesday please.
Hillson --, GSM,--- Taylor,--- Gubbins,--- Ralph
Morton/ Forson --- Husin
Wood--- Moncur.... Bridge
Pepple / Bonne
Subs Collin, Crowther, Morton / Forson , Pepple/ Bonne 2 young lads, Wind.
maybe Pepple may need a rest, cant decide on midfield either .
Lack of sleep Stewart ? To many players and Forson playing and on the bench too? but agree obviously difficult to Balance the resources with back to back games ....

There is a reason he hasn't left Fylde, despite being their top scorer for god knows how many seasons...

We couldn't get anywhere near what they are paying him. Neither could a lot of EFL sides.

Absolutely agree though. Would be a perfect signing for us. A goalscoring midfielder!
What is his salary then?

"But he is a professional footballer who should be able to play 180 minutes every week " ,🙄🙄
They could be getting him match fit by playing him 180 minutes a week on the basis that in the meantime even on his last legs he’s still a better player than most at this level. It’s hard to imagine him not being a starter when available. We’ll find out soon !

According to the Echo:-"That being said, victory at AFC Fylde on Tuesday would see the Shrimpers move into the top 10, sitting just a point outside the play-off positions".

Personally I don't see us picking up more than a point.
For a team in Flyde that's leaking goals for fun, we have to be ambitious. Some away games you'll take a point on the road, but anything less than a win is poor for this one IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back