• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread AFC Fylde v Southend United, Tuesday 17th September K/O 7:45pm

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame COSU can't find the balls to say so specifically. We'd all understand, and expectations would then be appropriately managed. We don't need all the details - in fact not much more than the words you typed coming from their own pen on the OS would be enough.
It's so obvious that it really shouldn't need to be spelled out! And COSU do not have to explain anything!

I think that many of us realised from the get go that an 8 month delay will incur unexpected and potentially spiralling costs. And when you are dealing with a slippery character like Rat you can bet your bottom dollar that COSUs expected costs and the actual amount they had to stump up before the deal went through was vastly different! This has massively impacted what could be achieved in the first few months.

Colin - bad day at the office. If he's worth his weight he will play and start again.

Taylor - right full back - defend right side box - invert full back to mid
Crowther - natural right side of 4 man defence
Gubbins - natural left side of 4 man defence
Ralph - left fullback - defend left side and possible attacking width support

Husin / forson - right Def / centre mid
Morton - left Def centre mid

Bridge - left wing - support mid & striker
moncur - centre mid - support striker
Gus - right wing - support mid and striker

Bonne - forward

This formation just plays into player strengths, covers the pitch with width and support in key areas and offers more attacking support to create and score more goals than the opposition.

Let the handbrake off...

It was a joke, stewart!...
I certainly hope so , because i would really start to wonder about Kev and co and their DD.
I have said it a few times now if we looking to add to the squad we definitely need a midfield player in the mould of a McCormack, a CB in the mould of a Barrett and a strike who knows where the back off the onion bag is and is ready to go from the start.

I'm assuming there's a statistical correlation between the goalkeeping wisdom dispensed by the 'Colinn' haters and the 20.9% of respondents in the poll who have chosen to play with no goalkeeper at all.

The Collin thing is very simple, he doesn't have Kensdale in front of him anymore so isn't as comfortable. His distribution needs work, nothing new there. Sooner we find a decent experienced Dave Martin type no.2 the better, but there's no way he'll be dropped, the new defensive unit need to find new cohesion, dropping the keeper won't help that.

Same again to start and on the bench.
We were very good v Eastleigh, we were average v Sutton AND very unfortunate/bad decision making by us and ref at critical times.
No fresh injuries, some wrongs to right so I agree with KM let us go and have a go at doing things as they should be.
Tight 0-1, Bonne goal late on.

The Collin thing is very simple, he doesn't have Kensdale in front of him anymore so isn't as comfortable. His distribution needs work, nothing new there. Sooner we find a decent experienced Dave Martin type no.2 the better, but there's no way he'll be dropped, the new defensive unit need to find new cohesion, dropping the keeper won't help that.
Sadly he was poor at distribution with Kensdale in front of him and Kensdale made enough mistakes of his own. The key point is Collin has flaws. His distribution and the clearing a ball with his feet very late under pressure. So what? He is young and an extremely proficient keeper. Flawless he would be playing a much higher level than NL. As he progresses I expect him to have a very good career and potentially play at the highest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back