• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread AFC Fylde v Southend United, Tuesday 17th September K/O 7:45pm

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonne is a experienced pro.. pepple is a kid.. congratulations 👏

Honestly if your calling the one pepple missed a sitter.. what the **** was bonnes
I’m not saying Bonne chance wasn’t a sitter but Pepple also missed one. You have to give a fair assessment. I like Pepple but he is raw so probably better as an impact player. For the record he was very honest on the radio after the game and specifically said his chance was a game changer. This isn’t me digging out a young pro thats him giving an honest reflection of his game. However what are are seeing from him is very similar to what hat other fans have said when he has been on loan. He works hard and I thought he was excellent Tuesday and in spells yesterday but he doesn’t look like a natural goal scorer and his record suggests that. Think he would work better in a two though as he will get little joy from NL centre backs. What is clear is the next couple of signings need to be players capable of scoring a few. This squad is so light in terms of goals not just this season but others as well

We know historically Kev favours his 3 at the back, with 2 in front, and rarely changes from that. If that is going to remain, id like to see him a little braver with his selection against Flyde.

Despite losing Kensdale, we don’t have a bad back line, who were superb to shut out a good Eastleigh side and Paul McCallum. They've just got to work out what went so badly wrong just 4 days later with the same players, becuse they did fold like a cheap tent.

I would argue if you're playing a back 3, and 5 when out of possession including the wing backs, you dont need another 2 defensive midfielders. That then leaves just two offensive players to support the loan front man. In Pepple's case, an inexperience lad still learning the game and this level, without any guidance around him. No wonder the front men aren't getting goals.

The table doesn't lie. Flyde have shipped in 18 goals and sit on just 5 points. Therefore, they are there for the taking. Despite our squad being a few short, we still have a decent group of players, and 10 points from 8 games isn’t good enough from them. Therefore I'd like to see us set up to take Flyde out early, then revert to shoring up the side with defensive players to see the result out.

The front men are living off of scraps, which has to change. Service going forward then takes pressure off the back line, and then Collin, doesn't have to hopelessly kick the ball forward from back passes, to just 2 players around the final third who don't keep possesion very long.

Bonne needs minutes, as does KAF, Crowther needs dropping and Pepple perhaps needs a rest, to come on from the bench. And Collin needs options!

Ndie
GSM
Bridge
Ralph
Gubbins
Taylor

Husin
Appiah-Forsun

Moncur
Walker
Bonne

Hilson
Taylor crowther gubbins
Gus Ralph
Kaf Morton noor
Bridge pepple

Expect Moncur to be rested and too early for bonne to start. Hilson deserves a shot
why is it too early for Bonne to start , give him the first 60 miutes then bring Pepple on. How long before Walker is ready to participate in some way.

why is it too early for Bonne to start , give him the first 60 miutes then bring Pepple on. How long before Walker is ready to participate in some way.
Because he has barely played 60 minutes across 2 games. What's the point chucking him in before he is ready and him getting injured? He was blowing yesterday after about 15 mins

Because he has barely played 60 minutes across 2 games. What's the point chucking him in before he is ready and him getting injured? He was blowing yesterday after about 15 mins
Mate when he signed he said he had been keeping himself fit durig the off season,if he cant last 60 minutes at the pace we play then he as a professional footballer should be ashamed of himself , also i would suggest if that is the case then Maher and co Those words are banned was done to well .

Mate when he signed he said he had been keeping himself fit durig the off season,if he cant last 60 minutes at the pace we play then he as a professional footballer should be ashamed of himself , also i would suggest if that is the case then Maher and co Those words are banned was done to well .
There is such a difference between fit and match fit. You need to understand that. He clearly isn't at all match fit as he was blowing and he missed easy chances that someone like Cardwell who had a whole preseason and games under his belt would have scored. You cannot at this level of football chuck someone in like that and ask the world of them. Because we will all be moaning when he pulls up 30 minutes into a game because he wasn't ready. The same as Waldron etc. just relax. Let the management team manage his minutes like the know how to. They have done the same for Moncur and now they need to rest him. It's very simple

There is such a difference between fit and match fit. You need to understand that. He clearly isn't at all match fit as he was blowing and he missed easy chances that someone like Cardwell who had a whole preseason and games under his belt would have scored. You cannot at this level of football chuck someone in like that and ask the world of them. Because we will all be moaning when he pulls up 30 minutes into a game because he wasn't ready. The same as Waldron etc. just relax. Let the management team manage his minutes like the know how to. They have done the same for Moncur and now they need to rest him. It's very simple
Thank **** we are not in the high echelons' of league 2. Players are asked to put in 180 minutes a week sometimes 270 out of 10080. These are professional paid footballers, i don't get this bollocks of they need rest etc etc. What are they a bunch of highly paid pansies?

Thank **** we are not in the high echelons' of league 2. Players are asked to put in 180 minutes a week sometimes 270 out of 10080. These are professional paid footballers, i don't get this bollocks of they need rest etc etc. What are they a bunch of highly paid pansies?
Okay. Play George Moncur Saturday Tuesday for the next 4 weeks. See how his body holds up. Unfortunately this is the modern game however much you think they are "pansies". Get real. Haaland won't play 90 minutes for city every week. Because they understand squad rotation and rest. The game is 10x more physical and demanding than it was "back in the day". Im purely telling you the outlook of MODERN football. That's it

Okay. Play George Moncur Saturday Tuesday for the next 4 weeks. See how his body holds up. Unfortunately this is the modern game however much you think they are "pansies". Get real. Haaland won't play 90 minutes for city every week. Because they understand squad rotation and rest. The game is 10x more physical and demanding than it was "back in the day". Im purely telling you the outlook of MODERN football. That's it
Lol, unfortunately we are not Man city or the pace of the Prem. We are the national league and as a large club should be doing better.

Lol, unfortunately we are not Man city or the pace of the Prem
Yet we play more games then a lot of prem teams. I literally can't be arsed arguing with someone that thinks a 31 year old who has had 0 pre season can play Saturday Tuesday every single week. 180 mins a week. Your crazy they train hard most days. Get real please

Yet we play more games then a lot of prem teams. I literally can't be arsed arguing with someone that thinks a 31 year old who has had 0 pre season can play Saturday Tuesday every single week. 180 mins a week. Your crazy they train hard most days. Get real please
Then stop training so hard pre match and you are only suggesting one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back