• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread AFC Fylde v Southend United, Tuesday 17th September K/O 7:45pm

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly he was poor at distribution with Kensdale in front of him and Kensdale made enough mistakes of his own. The key point is Collin has flaws. His distribution and the clearing a ball with his feet very late under pressure. So what? He is young and an extremely proficient keeper. Flawless he would be playing a much higher level than NL. As he progresses I expect him to have a very good career and potentially play at the highest level.
Is he coached to kick it 'late' in order to draw an attacker in? I mean if the mgmt team didn't like it, presumably it's pretty easy for them to tell him to clear/pass sooner?

Is he coached to kick it 'late' in order to draw an attacker in? I mean if the mgmt team didn't like it, presumably it's pretty easy for them to tell him to clear/pass sooner?
Possibly but, I feel unlikely. He certainly draws a player to him but that only leads to Collin making a rushed/hashed clearance with no control or certainty as to where it will go. Hardly seems the spawn of tactical genius. Clearly the coaching needs to assume some of the responsibility and work harder to refine those areas of his game. I'm sure it will improve.

By often do you mean the once v Eastleigh?

Am I the only one that doesn't think he's looked shaky at all?
Happened alot last season as well, but I think we all had rose tinted glasses so it wasn't particularly a massive deal, but has absolutely happened almost every game this season.

Colins kicking has certainly been affected by Cardwell. With no outlet at the moment, theres no one to even chase the kicks down. Bim does it to a degree, but Cardwell was able to do it for 90 minutes, at the moment it seems Bim is only impactful for 45-60 minutes. Cards' running off the ball was immense and every long ball we had to relieve pressure was chased down, at the moment thats something we will struggle with until Waldron returns.

FFS. It wasn’t even the worst clearance by a keeper in the match.

Steve Arnold kicked it straight to his opponent’s top scorer and left him an empty net so he just had to get it on target to score and you’re asking can it get worse than Collin kicking it to the half way line.
Collins kicking has been off all season though nearly cost us other games. Also agree Arnold was poor wouldn’t have him back .

The 40 yard drilled low pass Collin failed to pull off Saturday (leading to their second goal) was ambitious at any level. Maybe the answer is to stick to 10/20 yard easy passes or leather it and forget the stuff in between.

The keeper needs to be told he can send it long whenever he feels the need . If he is instructed to play it out from the back whenever possible then that adds pressure to his job ..
mix it up a bit, don’t always play it out from the back, don’t always spend ages getting it out wide.

It's so obvious that it really shouldn't need to be spelled out! And COSU do not have to explain anything!

I think that many of us realised from the get go that an 8 month delay will incur unexpected and potentially spiralling costs. And when you are dealing with a slippery character like Rat you can bet your bottom dollar that COSUs expected costs and the actual amount they had to stump up before the deal went through was vastly different! This has massively impacted what could be achieved in the first few months.
Er, I don't need anything spelled out thank you - which is pretty obvious from the tone of my post, and all my other comments on this subject.

You do know you've quoted a post from me that was before the original Fylde fixture, don't you? A bit misleading to quote it and reply now, when so much has happened in the comms space since I posted.

Brief comms to manage expectations, set out priorities and progress etc are always a good thing. The club must agree, because they have since done exactly this.

He's been extremely shakey so far this season, kicking has been way way off often leading to the opposition going through on goal.
He’s a league 5 keeper, and a young one at that - he’s going to have imperfections to his game. Are you suggesting we chop him in for James Hillson (who we have such confidence in that haven’t wanted to tie down to a contract longer than a month)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back