• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread AFC Fylde v Southend United, Tuesday 17th September K/O 7:45pm

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could be getting him match fit by playing him 180 minutes a week on the basis that in the meantime even on his last legs he’s still a better player than most at this level. It’s hard to imagine him not being a starter when available. We’ll find out soon !
Yeah this is it, on Sat even blowing out his arse he was still the only player we seemed to have who could pick that killer pass to Pepple/Bonne or put his foot on it and dictate play. He even had a couple of long range shots. I think it's a calculated gamble - a/to build his match fitness and b/he could make the difference even if at 60%

Yeah this is it, on Sat even blowing out his arse he was still the only player we seemed to have who could pick that killer pass to Pepple/Bonne or put his foot on it and dictate play. He even had a couple of long range shots. I think it's a calculated gamble - a/to build his match fitness and b/he could make the difference even if at 60%
Problem there being though, that he is enjoying himself here at the moment. This kind of pressure could have the opposite effect and mean we see the George Moncur that other clubs warned us of.

Just been looking at tickets

Out of interest (as I first clicked on the wrong bit) the two home terraces are £13 behind the goal and £16 on the side yet our terrace is £18 - is charging the away fans more than home fans allowed in the National League?
Yeah just seen this. £5 difference in home and away price for essentially the same view is not on. Maybe we should charge Fylde fans £5 more when they visit us.

If we are to do anything of significance this season, then we should not be losing to sides like Fylde and Sutton.

Let's hope Saturday was just a bad day in the office, and the team bounce back wanting to prove a point tomorrow night.
Unfortunately in this league form doesn’t count as to who we should be beating anyone can beat anyone just look at Gateshead on Saturday

We are a side very much work in progress .Once Bonne is up to speed he should be delivering the goals we need although young Pepple shows plenty of endeavour he is very raw and i dont think he will deliver many goals so we will have to put up with him in the mean time.
What was suprising about the Sutton game normally our defence is usually strong but after the changes we became much weaker.
Hopefully we can bounce back from Saturdays defeat but as Fylde have just sacked their manager fingers crossed we dont suffer the effect of a new manager.

Unfortunately in this league form doesn’t count as to who we should be beating anyone can beat anyone just look at Gateshead on Saturday
The interesting thing about that Gateshead game is they didn't deserve to lose, never mind get pasted.
The stats show Gateshead had more than 65% possession, but wasted chance after chance.
Ring a bell?
Anyone stringing 10 wins together will get promoted: no doubt about it.
There are no dominant teams this season, and having watched entire NL highlights every week since the start, only Barnet come close to a consistent style of play, and even then, they're no world beaters having lost three.

Need to make changes for this one after three games in seven days with the same starting XI. Players like Moncur, Husin and Pepple could probably do with a rest.

4-2-3-1 tuesday please.
Hillson --, GSM,--- Taylor,--- Gubbins,--- Ralph
Morton/ Forson --- Husin
Wood--- Moncur.... Bridge
Pepple / Bonne
Subs Collin, Crowther, Morton / Forson , Pepple/ Bonne 2 young lads, Wind.
maybe Pepple may need a rest, cant decide on midfield either .
With Sunday being a recovery day and Tuesday a travel day, I’m sure a solitary training session today will be sufficient to install the new formation 👍

Only change I can see will be Bonne starting. I think Hillson should start but having relaxed since Tuesday, if Collin is dropped, I cant see him recovering and earning his place back, very rarely happens once a keeper is dropped that they can come back.

Could also see Moncur given a rest, but tomorrow is a must win

Saw the highlights of their game at York on Saturday; yes, they were reduced to 10 for a chunk of the match, but apart from Haughton in goal; they're nothing to write home about.
So, of course with a big lip smacker of death, AFC Fylde 4-0 Southend.
Having written that, I rarely predict correct scores....

Only change I can see will be Bonne starting. I think Hillson should start but having relaxed since Tuesday, if Collin is dropped, I cant see him recovering and earning his place back, very rarely happens once a keeper is dropped that they can come back.

Could also see Moncur given a rest, but tomorrow is a must win
Sorry, I’ve missed something here. Why would Collin be dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back