• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters

"I will do pretty much anything I can to help my club but I won't line his pockets to fund all his other dodgy business ventures and that's unfortunately how I see it"

This is in the one I was responding to originally. Not sure my interpretation is entirely unreasonable?
That was my original post and if you read it all I said and will keep asking for transparency.

As supporters we fund our club and RM's words have proven time and time again not to hold water.

Does he put money in? Does he take money out? Who knows as the accounts are so far out of date. If he wants my money I want to know what it's being spent on and will be spent on in the future I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

That was my original post and if you read it all I said and will keep asking for transparency.

As supporters we fund our club and RM's words have proven time and time again not to hold water.

Does he put money in? Does he take money out? Who knows as the accounts are so far out of date. If he wants my money I want to know what it's being spent on and will be spent on in the future I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

Where else do you hold that view?

Would you not buy a movie pass at a cinema, for example, until Odeon (or whoever) tell you what it’s being spent on?

Yes, as a whole, the Club is run awfully. We know about staff currently not being paid, players being paid late (not in March I must add), HMRC et all, and it’s horrendous this situations keep arising. But does that entitle us to now where our X amount of £‘s go? I’m not sure.

Don’t get me wrong, I totally get why people are holding back, and I totally get why some have renewed. Currently, I haven’t. I miss a lot of games due to my work rota/family/running, but with baby boy number 2 on the way in August I don’t think I can commit. IF I’m allowed out to play, I’d still go, and IF we didn’t have a baby on the way I’d have renewed by now, but I completely get why some have and some haven’t.

I just can't agree with your thinking. I know we are sailing close to the wind, but our Chairman had conjured up from somewhere, around £200,000 a month to keep us afloat. That can hardly be construed as Ron lining his pockets, more like emptying his pockets.

The problem is we spend far more than we take in and that has to stop. Has been going on for years, the Club has to be self sufficient or we will fold.

How do you know Ron does not find an opportunity to pay himself something?
Have you seen all the accounts?
First off there does seem to be an annual charge of between £400k- £500k for rent of the ground. Ron with one breath says this charge/debt will not be required to be paid back it is nevertheless in past accounts
What is the up to £500k rent charged for exactly.? How is the figure made up? Please dont say its the going rate. Has anyone ever seen any invoices for this charge and what it covers?? Is he still charging it whilst the Hall falls apart?

In another breath it seems that renting Ron wants this money back, hence his claim for millions
Which is it to be ? Is he using at a charge or not? How we can trust a word he comes out with?

The older accounts Ive seen DO show actual Management charges and in effect payments totalling £425,000, in one year alone, What is that for and where is that money going to ?

Its very clear you hold a position strongly in favour of paying for the season cards , fair enough but you do seem very exercised at the moment to get people to do so on behalf of Ron, and from your perspective the club (whilst constantly skilfully trying to deny you have a preference for his corner) Your multitude of posts clearly point to this position,

Why might that be ?
Excellent response ! So many people who are clearly supportive of Martin seem desperate to give the impression that they possess some special inside knowledge, that mere mortals like the rest of us don’t have. As you point out, while most of them do ultimately seem to side with Martin , their support is skillfully cloaked in a sort of code that doesn’t make it appear quite so obvious. The reality is that it’s almost impossible to believe in anything Martin says, and it’s it’s even more impossible to know for sure, what he has, or has not given to the club….. OR taken out of it. ……and that’s probably exactly how he likes it. Given the evidence of the last 24 years, I would have little faith in any financial claims that he makes in terms of what he has contributed or gained, and I would view all his promises as just another lie waiting to happen.

Anyone know if ticket office is being manned today? I’m in a call queue but I’ve been trying on and off for a week now !!!

Same here. I've emailed too asking for a call back but no response.
Just phoned commercial department and they have 1 person serving . There are people queuing out the door so not answering the phone. I’m driving down to get my tickets, disgraceful!!!

I really think they need to extend the early bird special deadline , as there are plenty of punters willing to buy season tickets , but unable due to no answer at the club.

Sums up the tinpot state of our club , for sure.

i think we should drip feed him the money ....

we send him money and he tells us what he is spending it on ...
i.e. wages - players and staff

they get paid we drop him some more ...

750k -

first tranche 250k ? get staff and players paid up to date ..

Shrimpers Trust to co-ordinate with CEO - communications about season ticket income ..

think about it - it works - it is our club
Trust have done this already and the club have confirmed their intentions with the money. Paying HMRC is top, then the staff, then suppliers.

I really think they need to extend the early bird special deadline , as there are plenty of punters willing to buy season tickets , but unable due to no answer at the club.

Sums up the tinpot state of our club , for sure.
Ended up driving to the ground, no one in the queue and tickets purchased. One lad in there said he’d been on his own until now and his mum has come in to help. She was on the phone !!!

Have they actually announced the new matchday prices yet? I know they said when releasing the season ticket info that matchday prices would be going up but I can't see the details anywhere and have had no response from a couple of emails to the club over the last few weeks (no major surprise).

I can't make every game so am trying to work out if a ST is worth the money being as ticket availability is never a problem.

The trouble is you are asking for transparency and then in the next sentence saying you won’t believe what he says anyway.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back