• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
I went to the ticket office. Sorry if there was confusion.
I was there at 11.30am. There were about 10 in front of me renewing season tickets. I only know that because i was there to buy tickets for Fri's game.
After a few mins, the young girl working there said if anyone was in the queue for Fri tickets, the system was down until sometime tomorrow, & they couldn't print any off. I was the only one who left!.

I don't think he means 2k season tickets sold, but £2k in revenue by renewing 5.

I renewed mine yesterday at about 12, I asked Callum in the ticket office how many had been sold so far and he said it was getting busier, he reckoned around 600 sold so far so still some way to go.
Typical of me to misread it 🤦🏻‍♂️ thank you.

If Ron is still chairman at the start of next season then I can see the team being very weak and the club still under an embargo.

I can also see crowds dropping massively.

I know a good few people who have made the decision to boycott home games and travel away, myself included
Doesn't this mean that at the same time you not putting any money into our club, you are still putting money into the pockets of our opponents in the division?

Sunday approaches. If we delay renewing until after the 9th, then that's another 50 quid on the bill for the pair of us. But it's also possible that Early Bird cut off will be stretched a bit further. It's definite that we will renew and it's definite that we want our normal seats, if only there was confirmed positive news on the payment of Club staff front.

Been trying to phone all day on and off and no-one answers the phone. I'll have to pop down there in person. How can they expect to sell the few season tickets they will sell if they don't pick up the phone !! Usual shambles !!

Sunday approaches. If we delay renewing until after the 9th, then that's another 50 quid on the bill for the pair of us. But it's also possible that Early Bird cut off will be stretched a bit further. It's definite that we will renew and it's definite that we want our normal seats, if only there was confirmed positive news on the payment of Club staff front.
The Early Bird window will almost certainly be extended I think

IIRC the early bird scheme has been extended for the last few years at least. I wouldn't put it past Ron to not do so this season (assuming he makes the decision) to spite people.

If sufficient funds don't come in it could force Ron's hand to any offers which might come in .This would then change the direction of the FF development and ownership issues.

By enough renewing he might just make his deadline to continue the master plan which benefits him the most . Unfortunately that doesn't guarantee the club an easy ride short term with possible further embargoes,and just how much will the playing budget be for next season?We can see this season how badly that has affected us and Ron's continued promises are not to be trusted.

Neither option is without risk and the supporters either side of the ST decision don't deserve what this man has done to this club

Well, at least the message must be getting through that the fans have had enough and are no longer buying the streams of false promises.
Whether this impacts the future of the club by harming it or forcing Rons hand is unknown. All I do know is Ron doesn't need our help in harming the club!

kentblues said:
Doesn't this mean that at the same time you not putting any money into our club, you are still putting money into the pockets of our opponents in the division?

QUOTE="southendkid, post: 2601162, member: 8810"]
What's the problem with that? Other clubs might be our competitors in the league but I don't hope that they'll run into financial problems
[/QUOTE]

Oh I see…just us then.

Personally I think the biggest issue here and certainly my main concern is that all but a few don't believe a word that comes out of our Chairman's mouth and after so many lies and broken promises I for one am definitely not convinced that the season ticket revenue will be spent the right way.

His complete lack of transparency with accounts and spending and his constant patting himself on the back and reminding us in every interview how much he has put in to the club has more than worn thin and frankly has become irritating. Prove it, show us the accounts then.

The revenue from season tickets if we all paid up won't even pay off the debt still owed to HMRC so where's the plan / forecast?

I will do pretty much anything I can to help my club but I won't line his pockets to fund all his other dodgy business ventures and that's unfortunately how I see it, until he starts telling the truth and we get complete transparency and not lies, broken promises and yet more spin I won't be buying a season ticket at 15% or 30% more than this season.

Personally I think the biggest issue here and certainly my main concern is that all but a few don't believe a word that comes out of our Chairman's mouth and after so many lies and broken promises I for one am definitely not convinced that the season ticket revenue will be spent the right way.

His complete lack of transparency with accounts and spending and his constant patting himself on the back and reminding us in every interview how much he has put in to the club has more than worn thin and frankly has become irritating. Prove it, show us the accounts then.

The revenue from season tickets if we all paid up won't even pay off the debt still owed to HMRC so where's the plan / forecast?

I will do pretty much anything I can to help my club but I won't line his pockets to fund all his other dodgy business ventures and that's unfortunately how I see it, until he starts telling the truth and we get complete transparency and not lies, broken promises and yet more spin I won't be buying a season ticket at 15% or 30% more than this season.
So you think rather than putting money in he is taking it out - treating the club like a magic money tree? Whichever way you slice and dice it not buying a season ticket short term makes cash flow worse and makes it even more likely Tom will not be able to pay the bills. Just an avoidable fact. Outcome- well a much smaller playing budget would be preferable to not paying staff.

That said, people will make the decision they believe is the right one. And they shouldn’t be criticised for that. But at least do it eyes wide open, and accepting it might have undesirable outcomes as well..regrettably

Last edited:
The point of the boycott is to make Ron sell up ASAP, boycotting other clubs doesn't do anything to help that.
The club is for sale. It won’t suddenly attract more buyers because we can’t pay the bills. And Ron won’t suddenly sell on the cheap- he will just let the debt build (i.e not Pat the bills). Surely we have by now learned enough about our slippery friend at least to know this much?

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back