• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
I've said it 100 times. Nobody on here, absolutely nobody, apart from maybe Shrimpet Steve, is supportive of Ron Martin.

People are taking nuanced posts as support for Ron Martin, which is getting more common in society and is frankly terrifying.

I’m convinced he isn’t actually a Southend United fan, probably one person in a long list of people, who has been knocked for money by RM.

Not a single post in a pre or post match thread, or anything to do with the footballing side of things, only ever posting to knock RM or anyone who dares to suggest that he isn’t the devil and the man behind all evil in the world. If you suggest that, he’ll mock your mental health, he’ll claim you are a fan boy or a stooge. Wonder what he is owed money for?

I think you could well be wrong there

I suspect from what Ive read you are knocking a life long passionate Southend Supporter, who ,may just have been a longer supporter than yourself

You seem to be obsessed with the bloke, because he seems to dislike Ron immensely, which goes against your position to some extent

I for one do appreciate your helpful insights,

But Maybe you are the one who needs to take a long look in the mirror, coming up with rubbish like that

I think you could well be wrong there

I suspect from what Ive read you are knocking a life long passionate Southend Supporter, who ,may just have been a longer supporter than yourself

You seem to be obsessed with the bloke, because he seems to dislike Ron immensely, which goes against your position to some extent

I for one do appreciate your helpful insights,

But Maybe you are the one who needs to take a long look in the mirror, coming up with rubbish like that

If you could point me in the direction of any post on the playing aspect of his, that would be appreciated. Of course I could be wrong, but I have my suspicions. There have been a few posters like that on here recently.

His dislike doesn’t go against my position whatsoever. I’ve met RM once, when I took my son to buy his first shirt, and I was allowed to go pitch side. He said hello, and that was about it. I can’t say I dislike someone I’ve had that one interaction with.

However, I don’t like an awful lot of what he has done at the Club. He is a big reason we find ourselves at this level, however he isn’t the only reason. He has done some good, however the bad outweighs it by a considerable distance.

I don’t think you’ll find a single pro-RM poster on here, bar Shrimpet Steve (but I think he is on a wind up) and I highly doubt you’d find a single person on the planet who thinks RM is the right man to led this Club forward.

I’m fine thank you. As I said, I maybe wrong, but time will tell.

We were in League 1 then not stuck in the NL. You would expect to pay more in a higher league.
That is very true, but we are now saddled with debts for trying to stay in the league one and then stay in the football league. Same at the time "fantastic signings" by all on here only to see them injured or earning one last pay off, no cup runs of any note and just general way of the world has not helped the situation.

How do our season cards compare in price to the rest of the national league?

We have just one price for adults. I'm sure that lots of sides have low cost areas and higher cost areas.

Based against the bottom end tickets I'm sure ours will be one of the highest in the league.

We spend most of the season under an embargo, being chased by HRMC and various other nightmare scenarios.

Hardly good value
Don't forget the luxurious toilets...

You obviously have not been to Eastleigh's ground if you think that is good value😂

Roots Hall is a palace compared to that shocking excuse for a stadium.
I been to Eastleigh and over 300 grounds in uk and I love Roots Hall as most of us do but I'd say comparing Roots Hall to any other grounds as a Palace is stretching it.I have renewed but also the value for money is determined by other things.Although a smaller club than us I'd wager they are better run than us and don't have long periods under transfer embargos and a season ticket at the high court

If you could point me in the direction of any post on the playing aspect of his, that would be appreciated. Of course I could be wrong, but I have my suspicions. There have been a few posters like that on here recently.

His dislike doesn’t go against my position whatsoever. I’ve met RM once, when I took my son to buy his first shirt, and I was allowed to go pitch side. He said hello, and that was about it. I can’t say I dislike someone I’ve had that one interaction with.

However, I don’t like an awful lot of what he has done at the Club. He is a big reason we find ourselves at this level, however he isn’t the only reason. He has done some good, however the bad outweighs it by a considerable distance.

I don’t think you’ll find a single pro-RM poster on here, bar Shrimpet Steve (but I think he is on a wind up) and I highly doubt you’d find a single person on the planet who thinks RM is the right man to led this Club forward.

I’m fine thank you. As I said, I maybe wrong, but time will tell.
Unlike yourself I haven't got the time to go trolling through all somebody's posts in detail in an attempt to make a personal judgement about them, that could of course be wrong

I could argue there have equally been a few posters on here beyond Shrimpet Steve claim who do seem to be more skilfully in Rons camp, and I suspect quite a few people are also aware of that, but then you will accuse me no doubt of being Knocked or paranoid ?

I get your point that he may not have been too heavy on the game comments, but has it not occurred to you that quite a few supporters have reached desperation stage , where like it or not their position leaves them more anxious about the survival of the club, and hence their major focus is on that rather than whether Hydes hamstring might ping in the warm up

Hence my polite thought you might like to be a little more careful with your own bashing judgements

Nobody has told me its a board where the majority of comments should be focussed on the match, especially when my lifelong support could come to an end thanks to the muppet in charge

Back on the renewal subject. I rang the 01702 304147 number and it was answered in seconds. I've renewed Mrs RHB's and mine and everything was dealt with efficiently, politely and quickly. I know it's easy to bash the ticket office at every opportunity, but today, for me, well done them. I was told I'd get an email confirmation when the Early Bird period ended so I asked if it would be extended, the guy said they had no plans to do so.

Back on the renewal subject. I rang the 01702 304147 number and it was answered in seconds. I've renewed Mrs RHB's and mine and everything was dealt with efficiently, politely and quickly. I know it's easy to bash the ticket office at every opportunity, but today, for me, well done them. I was told I'd get an email confirmation when the Early Bird period ended so I asked if it would be extended, the guy said they had no plans to do so.
For obvious reasons, I've changed my vote now, After re-reading the Trust Q&A I didn't see us extracting anything more from Ronald, and was a bit loath to have to stump up another £50 on the price post Early Bird (retirement and pensions make you think that way!), so I'm putting our dosh into the Club now to go towards HMRC bills, staff wages or whatever else has priority.

Same here, just renewed 3 tickets all very efficient.

Can confirmed the 01702 number is the commercial dept who are supporting the Ticket Office all renewed very easy and confirmed that we will get confirmation email after the early scheme is finished all done in a matter of minutes.

Haven't had a season ticket recently as getting to midweek games is a nightmare due to location and work, and then I cant get to all weekend games due to some family commitments. But have just bought a season ticket - might not work financially for me (or I might end up going more often- hopefully!) - but I would feel uncomfortable not doing so given I have been encouraging others to renew dependent on personal circumstances. Money where my mouth is and all that....

Anyway 01702 number worked well. They were busy but called back.

I don’t think anyone could guarantee the existence of anything in a years time in this day and age. I actually went to the cinema today, the first time in a very long time. If you are walking up and buying your tickets on the day of a film, and you’re talking about walking up and buying your ticket on the day of football matches, there is no difference as the film/game will be on. You’d have been told before you arrived if either was off for whatever reason.

You do realise that buying individual match tickets will work out more expensive don’t you?

It’s entirely up to you what you do next season, I’m not trying to make anyone buy a ticket or not, but if you are so unhappy about a 15% or 30% increase, you’ll end up paying more in the long run if you attend a similar amount of matches.

When was the last increase we actually had on our tickets? I genuinely can’t remember, and with everything going up in price from electricity to pasta, you’d have to expect there would be an increase to things like football tickets and so on.
Mmm you’re talking about a product that continues to deteriorate year on year. Roots Hall is bordering on being unfit for purpose. On top of that, the club has been under an embargo for large parts of the season so we haven’t been able to strengthen the playing squad. So I totally get the resentment.

Everyone should decide as they see fit and according to their own circumstances. If there’s not a glut of renewals through the door - that’s on Ron.

Went to ticket office for two renewals this lunchtime. No queue, quick and easy. Also there was a young chap dealing with phone calls. I know there’s the prospect of sitting in a decaying stadium watching a team of unknown quality and this money should be used to get through the close season etc but the club clearly needs the money now. Yes Ron is to blame and I hate him for that. Maybe he doesn’t care about the club now but I do. I’m worried about it getting through the next few months so I’ve paid. Maybe there’s a chance the two friendly people in the ticket office and the others will get their March pay and more. I appreciate that even if the club survives a little longer there may well not be anyone mad enough to want to buy it but there certainly won’t be if there’s no club to buy.

Went to ticket office for two renewals this lunchtime. No queue, quick and easy. Also there was a young chap dealing with phone calls. I know there’s the prospect of sitting in a decaying stadium watching a team of unknown quality and this money should be used to get through the close season etc but the club clearly needs the money now. Yes Ron is to blame and I hate him for that. Maybe he doesn’t care about the club now but I do. I’m worried about it getting through the next few months so I’ve paid. Maybe there’s a chance the two friendly people in the ticket office and the others will get their March pay and more. I appreciate that even if the club survives a little longer there may well not be anyone mad enough to want to buy it but there certainly won’t be if there’s no club to buy.
Wot he said.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back