• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
I just can't agree with your thinking. I know we are sailing close to the wind, but our Chairman had conjured up from somewhere, around £200,000 a month to keep us afloat. That can hardly be construed as Ron lining his pockets, more like emptying his pockets.

The problem is we spend far more than we take in and that has to stop. Has been going on for years, the Club has to be self sufficient or we will fold.
Not sure we are totally disagreeing as it's just how I see it, not fact or advice to anyone else and like you and everyone else who comments on here it's a personal prospective on so many years of lies and false promises from our Chairman.

I won't be buying a season ticket no matter what anyone says on here for my own personal reasons but have no issue or problem with anyone who does.

Where else do you hold that view?

Would you not buy a movie pass at a cinema, for example, until Odeon (or whoever) tell you what it’s being spent on?

Yes, as a whole, the Club is run awfully. We know about staff currently not being paid, players being paid late (not in March I must add), HMRC et all, and it’s horrendous this situations keep arising. But does that entitle us to now where our X amount of £‘s go? I’m not sure.

Don’t get me wrong, I totally get why people are holding back, and I totally get why some have renewed. Currently, I haven’t. I miss a lot of games due to my work rota/family/running, but with baby boy number 2 on the way in August I don’t think I can commit. IF I’m allowed out to play, I’d still go, and IF we didn’t have a baby on the way I’d have renewed by now, but I completely get why some have and some haven’t.
With a cinema I would pay on entry because at least then I know the place is open and the film is being shown. With the absolute dyer mess we are in thanks to our Chairman I don't think anyone would guarantee the future of SUFC at the moment unfortunately.

I won't be paying for tickets a year in advance but will pay as I go to the games I choose which will probably be less than this season (I haven't missed a home match yet) and that's mainly because of the huge price hike, even 15% is unacceptable to me let alone 30%

With a cinema I would pay on entry because at least then I know the place is open and the film is being shown. With the absolute dyer mess we are in thanks to our Chairman I don't think anyone would guarantee the future of SUFC at the moment unfortunately.

I won't be paying for tickets a year in advance but will pay as I go to the games I choose which will probably be less than this season (I haven't missed a home match yet) and that's mainly because of the huge price hike, even 15% is unacceptable to me let alone 30%

I don’t think anyone could guarantee the existence of anything in a years time in this day and age. I actually went to the cinema today, the first time in a very long time. If you are walking up and buying your tickets on the day of a film, and you’re talking about walking up and buying your ticket on the day of football matches, there is no difference as the film/game will be on. You’d have been told before you arrived if either was off for whatever reason.

You do realise that buying individual match tickets will work out more expensive don’t you?

It’s entirely up to you what you do next season, I’m not trying to make anyone buy a ticket or not, but if you are so unhappy about a 15% or 30% increase, you’ll end up paying more in the long run if you attend a similar amount of matches.

When was the last increase we actually had on our tickets? I genuinely can’t remember, and with everything going up in price from electricity to pasta, you’d have to expect there would be an increase to things like football tickets and so on.

I don’t think anyone could guarantee the existence of anything in a years time in this day and age. I actually went to the cinema today, the first time in a very long time. If you are walking up and buying your tickets on the day of a film, and you’re talking about walking up and buying your ticket on the day of football matches, there is no difference as the film/game will be on. You’d have been told before you arrived if either was off for whatever reason.

You do realise that buying individual match tickets will work out more expensive don’t you?

It’s entirely up to you what you do next season, I’m not trying to make anyone buy a ticket or not, but if you are so unhappy about a 15% or 30% increase, you’ll end up paying more in the long run if you attend a similar amount of matches.

When was the last increase we actually had on our tickets? I genuinely can’t remember, and with everything going up in price from electricity to pasta, you’d have to expect there would be an increase to things like football tickets and so on.
I give up lol. I won't change my mind and as I also said I will just go to fewer games next season and continue my away support but I totally respect your opinion so that's the end of this conversation as there is no right or wrong it's just that, a matter of opinion 👍

I was looking at previous season ticket prices. I don't think I've ever paid more than £400 in the 17 years I've had a season ticket. It wasn't tgst long ago that our season tickets were £395 (admittedly we was in league 1)

Actually I would expect to pay more- I would hope the extra EFL money and bigger attendances would provide the bulk of additional income. Higher and higher prices mean an increasing number of loyal supporters can’t afford to come…

….there again what a nice problem it would be to have….

Cineworld is on the verge of Bankruptcy BTW ;-)

Just phoned commercial department and they have 1 person serving . There are people queuing out the door so not answering the phone. I’m driving down to get my tickets, disgraceful!!!

Yeah, disgraceful that staff who haven't been paid in months aren't answering the phone to line Rons pockets.

How do our season cards compare in price to the rest of the national league?

We have just one price for adults. I'm sure that lots of sides have low cost areas and higher cost areas.

Based against the bottom end tickets I'm sure ours will be one of the highest in the league.

We spend most of the season under an embargo, being chased by HRMC and various other nightmare scenarios.

Hardly good value

We have just one price for adults. I'm sure that lots of sides have low cost areas and higher cost areas.

Based against the bottom end tickets I'm sure ours will be one of the highest in the league.

We spend most of the season under an embargo, being chased by HRMC and various other nightmare scenarios.

Hardly good value
I don't know about lots of other national league sides but I read Eastleighs adult prices range from £195-295. They have some terracing there but decent value

Hardly good value
Kings Lynn season tickets are more expensive than ours and they are a level below.

Excellent response ! So many people who are clearly supportive of Martin seem desperate to give the impression that they possess some special inside knowledge, that mere mortals like the rest of us don’t have. As you point out, while most of them do ultimately seem to side with Martin , their support is skillfully cloaked in a sort of code that doesn’t make it appear quite so obvious. The reality is that it’s almost impossible to believe in anything Martin says, and it’s it’s even more impossible to know for sure, what he has, or has not given to the club….. OR taken out of it. ……and that’s probably exactly how he likes it. Given the evidence of the last 24 years, I would have little faith in any financial claims that he makes in terms of what he has contributed or gained, and I would view all his promises as just another lie waiting to happen.
I've said it 100 times. Nobody on here, absolutely nobody, apart from maybe Shrimpet Steve, is supportive of Ron Martin.

People are taking nuanced posts as support for Ron Martin, which is getting more common in society and is frankly terrifying.

I've said it 100 times. Nobody on here, absolutely nobody, apart from maybe Shrimpet Steve, is supportive of Ron Martin.

People are taking nuanced posts as support for Ron Martin, which is getting more common in society and is frankly terrifying.
Don't waste your time battling those that refuse to differentiate, it is only them that look ridiculous and conspiracy theorists.

I don't know about lots of other national league sides but I read Eastleighs adult prices range from £195-295. They have some terracing there but decent value
You obviously have not been to Eastleigh's ground if you think that is good value😂

Roots Hall is a palace compared to that shocking excuse for a stadium.

Reactions: RHB

“Nuanced” ……. !! ?? Well, that’s one way to describe it I suppose . 😂😂

Hardly good value

A season ticket for the Carling stand at Dagenham & Redbridge is £405 THIS season, £462 to £378 for Chesterfield, Barnet £396, Maidstone £380, Torquay £361, Halifax £349, £330 for Oldham, £325 at Wealdstone, £239 Maidenhead, Solihull Moors £290, York £299, Boreham Wood £185 (FREE to Over 70s!), Dorking £300.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back