• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
But that’s emotional blackmail (perhaps on yourself but also on others) if the club goes to the wall it will be because of financial incompetence by the owner, not because some individuals decided not to renew their season tickets
How do you work that out, any entertainment business relies on the money it receives from its paying customers to run its not all on Ron.

The Fans have to do there bit too if you really want the club to survive.
Reading some of the posts on here its obvious to me some of the so called fans on here don't.
Withholding money only hurts the club.

How do you work that out, any entertainment business relies on the money it receives from its paying customers to run its not all on Ron.

Reading some of the posts on here its obvious to me some of the so called fans on here don't.
The problem is withholding doesn’t just spite Ron (who probably won’t make the money up) but also affects Tom’s ability to pay the bills and staff. It’s very unpalatable to put it mildly…but none the less true for that…regrettably

Ron has failed to pay the office staff on time again this month (March).

That is not because the supporters aren’t rushing to purchase 23/24 season cards. Nothing at all to do with that.

It’s because the shortfall is not being addressed adequately by group companies, despite the claims it would be.

The pressure seems to building on here to make you cough up

No need to , you can delay your precious pay up, if you choose, or not pay for the card at all and buy per game ,as Rons assured us he wont let the club die
Im expecting an extra gift incentive to be added soon if I buy my card , like a blue and yellow ribbon to tie to my dogs backside to show my support for Ukraine and Ronnie the snake oil man

Ron has failed to pay the office staff on time again this month (March).

That is not because the supporters aren’t rushing to purchase 23/24 season cards. Nothing at all to do with that.

It’s because the shortfall is not being addressed adequately by group companies, despite the claims it would be.
ST money is likely to be used up before next season even begins.

I'd rather not part with my money to have a weekly obligation to watch a depleted embargoed team all over again. The last 3-4 years have been enough.

Only of you don't go to all the games?

Obviously, if you obtl get to a few honest games it's not.

Is that the point you are making?
Yes sorry, that's what I meant. some games I can't make and the other benefits just aren't worth it for me

But that said, I'm not against purchasing season tickets. And if fans want to then it's entirely up to them

keeping in RM in control with our own money is destroying the club ...

keeping in RM in control with our own money is destroying the club ...
Regrettably at this point there is no level on which making the cash flow worse is somehow making the situation any better. Doesn’t change however you slice and dice it.

In the end people will make their own decisions knowing that, and for their own reasons, and indeed all sorts of challenges and circumstances can impact on when and if people buy season tickets after all. We will see what unfolds I guess.

My thoughts entirely. Sad to realise that you have finally reached that stage isn’t it? 😔
There is only so many times that you can make excuses for the club. The current rot is not a 'one off' and it stems right back to the Tilson era.

The belief and love has sadly been knocked out of me, and although I'll always be a Southend fan I cannot bring myself to help finance Ron Martin anymore.

I'll probably go to the occasional game but not as a season card holder until the situation improves.

If Roots Hall doesn't pass H and S checks then we would have to play elsewhere. Many fans would be then stuck with a Season Card that they couldn't or wouldn't want to use. Yet another issue to ponder when considering a purchase.

If Roots Hall doesn't pass H and S checks then we would have to play elsewhere. Many fans would be then stuck with a Season Card that they couldn't or wouldn't want to use. Yet another issue to ponder when considering a purchase.
Just back from the ticket office 2 season cards renew. :LoyalSupporter:

Five of us in there renewing that's getting on for 2k in sales, keep that up for the rest of the week with a steady flow of fans buying and the club will be doing alright in sales..
When it doesn’t pass the inspection hopefully you can use your credit card company to get your money back…

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back