• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
Am I right in thinking I am unable to purchase my season ticket unless I actually go the the ticket office, regardless of how I wish to pay. From my location it is not practical to visit the office, so I always rely on a online transaction.
You can renew on the phone 03444770077 ticket office is open week days 11am to 4pm.

you have to say that even the threat of witholding money has had some good affect ...

i think the shrimper trust should ask for gaurantees that staff and players get paid before the suggested "embargo" on seaon ticket renewals is lifted

you have to say that even the threat of witholding money has had some good affect ...

i think the shrimper trust should ask for gaurantees that staff and players get paid before the suggested "embargo" on seaon ticket renewals is lifted
Good point. Perhaps the seaso money should be ringfenced for the staff. Problem is, he has so many creditors he's having to pay the most important ones first (more important in his eyes are the ones that could shut us down ie HMRC and ones effecting the embargo)

8654f253e1094e4de158331b37eb1c42.jpeg

Book your place at Roots Hall for the 2023/24 season as Kevin Maher and co. continue to build something special!

Southend United’s Early Bird window for 2023/24 season cards ends on Sunday 9th April!

The Blues Box Office will be open Sunday 2nd April, 10am-3pm.

Head Coach Maher said: "This club is nothing without the fans, and we’ve seen time and time again this season how much you’ve helped us, both home and away.

"Some of the numbers we’ve taken away from home have been phenomenal. The fans are always incredible at Roots Hall, and we’ll need you with us again next season!"

Following two years of low season card prices in the Vanarama National League, we have unfortunately had to make the decision to increase the cost for the 2023/24 season. An Adult season card purchased during the Early Bird Window equates to only £14.78 per game, with Under 9’s still able to attend for free for the whole season with a paying adult.

Due to the new pricing structure, match day ticket prices will increase to ensure our loyal fan base make savings by purchasing a season card in advance.

Make sure to get your 23/24 season card within the early bird window to pay the discounted rate.

By becoming a Southend United 2023/24 season card holder you will benefit from:

• Access to every home league game
  • 3x free match tickets to bring a friend or family member
  • Exclusive Southend United Season Card wallet
  • 10% discount off hospitality, mascot and 12th man bookings throughout the season

When buying a 23/24 season card in the early bird period, supporters will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win some money can’t buy experiences and memorabilia:

• Dinner with the management team (three winners)
  • Hospitality Box for the 2023/24 season, food & drink included (five winners)
  • 2023/24 Southend United replica kit (10 winners)
  • Table of four in the Captains’ Suite for a game of your choice (five winners)
  • Match Sponsorship package (two winners)
  • Signed & Framed shirt accompanied with letter of thanks from Kevin Maher (three winners)
  • An afternoon at the training ground with the management team & first team (one winner)
  • Directors’ Box experience at an away game (one winner)
  • Travel on team coach to an away game (one winner)

Early Bird Price (Finishes 9th April)
41fb462d4d416b7850bdc6fcc60e06e3.jpeg
2023/24 Price (After 9th April)
5304f6ea2cd3bcc4982acdbf0fe54b54.jpeg

How To Buy

2023/24 season cards can be purchased on the phone (0344 477 0077) or in person at the Blues Ticket Office, and payment can be made via debit/credit card or cash.

For fans who are renewing, 2022/23 season card holders will have until the 19th June to secure their seat for the season before swap week commences.

Ticket office opening hours will be altered to allow supporters to purchase throughout the Early Bird window, including some evenings and weekends. For the ticket office hours, click here.

Season card terms and conditions are here.

The stronger the support, the stronger the team!

*Please note that confirmation emails will be sent out following the closure of the early bird window.

has anybody else had the same as me this morning an email from the club reminding me about buying my early bird season ticket [ x2 ] and the SUFC box office is open on sunday 2nd april from 10 o`clock

Am I prepared to let the Club go to the wall and into administration as a result of me not renewing? That's the question that needs answering if they don't extend early bird. As it stands I would not be prepared to see the club go under as a result of non renewal.

I am not renewing my season ticket yet as not happy to part with money yet. but can it not be renewed online when I decide to pay by card?

Am I prepared to let the Club go to the wall and into administration as a result of me not renewing? That's the question that needs answering if they don't extend early bird. As it stands I would not be prepared to see the club go under as a result of non renewal.
But that’s emotional blackmail (perhaps on yourself but also on others) if the club goes to the wall it will be because of financial incompetence by the owner, not because some individuals decided not to renew their season tickets

I received email about renewing this morning.I am renewing this coming week but I I understand and respect the decision of others who may choose to wait or not renew at all

More correctly it will be that financial incompetence by the owner has placed us in an appalling position where people withholding season ticket money may have drastic consequences…

None of us should feel guilty about withholding buying season tickets. Ron is laying it on thick that emabargo and owing wages will be paid once seaso money is in.
No doubt he will default again during the next 12 months; probably within a couple of months. If he can't pay what staff are owned now without seaso money, how will he pay next month, and the month after, and the month after that?
Granted, there will be bar sales from August again, but thats not enough to keep us going.
You could argue that if all us seasos paid per game basis, the club ultimately gets more money in over the long term and more money on a monthly income basis forcing the club to budget a bit more sensibly.
He contradicts himself. One hand, says embargo and wages will be paid when season tickets are paid, but then also said the delay in payment hasn't affected things. Make your mind up. I think it's a disgrace that the season tickets payment for next season goes on paying off this season. Suggests all along that the bridging loan paying off everything and giving us capital was yet another lie. If everyone stumped up payment now, are we confident next season is taken care of including staff paid, players paid each month and no chance of another Kacper situation occurring and Kev being able to get players in without further embargos? I'm not confident it would even get as far as the first month now we know the truth.

But that’s emotional blackmail (perhaps on yourself but also on others) if the club goes to the wall it will be because of financial incompetence by the owner, not because some individuals decided not to renew their season tickets
Absolutely. I wouldn't for one second listen to Ron's dribble about blaming supporters. What can he do? Take us to court? Absolutely no one but Ron would believe what he says. Everyone knows how financially incompetent he is.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back