• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
My original vote was to delay buying in the hope it might prod Ron into meeting the supporters’ groups even though I was sure he wouldn’t be able to say anything that we’d be happy with. I wanted him to acknowledge that we fans actually exist and shouldn’t be blanked out. Now that’s happened I’ll be renewing despite what he said, not to support the Martin empire but to do my bit to try and keep the club alive. I want the club to survive in the desperate hope that someone will buy it. I enjoy my live football fix and after watching Southend for around 60 years I can’t imagine supporting any other club. Yes it’s depressing seeing Roots Hall falling down around me but the company is still good as is my battered sausage & chips from the Fish House. If I thought starving the club of cash would hasten the sale of the club then I wouldn’t renew but my view is that it would just hasten its demise.

Yes the “early bird “ deadline is far too early.
But I personally think it shows how desperate Ron is to get hold of our dosh. As I think 🤔 if we went along and paid up the cash, it will be long gone before the end of season .
The cash or our club?

The only reason Ron came up with that statement last week was to give a push to supporters to plough money in to overpriced season tickets.
He has no real intention of selling or welcoming investment - all a rouse.
Look at what a potential owner is buying - fresh air with a tonne of debt for good measure.

I won't be buying and may not return next season as I can't deal with the depression frankly.
What I don’t understand is why he would want to hold onto something that’s losing him money?

So long as Fossetts proceeds what is his motivation for holding on?

Has anyone actually tried calling the ticket office to renew their season ticket. Cannot get any reply to any number!!!
I've seen a few people say the same and also regards walk ins to the ticket office, with it not being open at the specified time/shut early etc.

The club moan about fans delaying purchase, yet they make it incredibly difficult to purchase one if you so wish!

In this day and age you should be able to do it online.

I've seen a few people say the same and also regards walk ins to the ticket office, with it not being open at the specified time/shut early etc.

The club moan about fans delaying purchase, yet they make it incredibly difficult to purchase one if you so wish!

Used to be able to do it online. Not sure why its changed

Seventy years supporting SUFC,and its come to this.Our devious chairman has run the club into the ground,whilst taking the assets, the ground and training ground, into his
own companies.I argued with John Main about the monies paid, and the low valuations.
I could see poor times ahead then.Moving on over twenty years, there is very good
possibility that the club could enter administration before a buyer can be found.The season ticket will not be purchased, until I can be satisfied the club will survive.What can
a prospective buyer see to purchase."Weasel Ron" can sing for my season ticket money.Extend the time to buy, and demonstrate corporate responsibility.

Probably never got paid and walked. I’m sure “Tom is onto it” - isn’t he always? 🤔

There's enough bad stuff going on at SUFC without needing to make up things.
Not making anything up. The Ticket Office Manager left didn’t he? Why do you think that was?

Why was the place always open previously and isn’t any more? They don’t have enough staff. Why?

Always a huge turnover of staff in the ticket office. Why? One of the first signs of things not being run properly is staff discord - people coming in and leaving quickly. Kids on a pittance start, then bang - gone. Why?

Isn’t one of the first rules of business to answer the phone and reply to e mails? That isn’t happening? Why?

Last edited:
Not making anything up. The Ticket Office Manager left didn’t he? Why do you think that was?

Why was the place always open previously and isn’t any more? They don’t have enough staff. Why?

Always a huge turnover of staff in the ticket office. Why? One of the first signs of things not being run properly or staff discord - people coming in and leaving quickly. Kids on a pittance. Gone. Why?

Isn’t one of the first rules of business to answer the phone and reply to e mails? That isn’t happening? Why?
Ticket Office manager left in September or October. That isn't that recent. I don't know if he was replaced or the answer to the rest of your questions. We all know everything is falling apart. As I said, you don't need to speculate more on top.

Ticket Office manager left in September or October. That isn't that recent. I don't know if he was replaced or the answer to the rest of your questions. We all know everything is falling apart. As I said, you don't need to speculate more on top.
You don’t know? Well I do & I am not going to speak about anyone’s private business openly in a public forum. FYI I don’t do speculation, make things up or gossip. Trust this makes things clearer for you 🤔

Have a nice weekend 👍

Just had a chat with my lad. We’re both agreed that having read the minutes from last Fridays meeting with Ron & Tom, after this season, until the club changes ownership we will go to away games only.

To put it another way, we are purchasing the opportunity of not giving Con Martin any more of our hard earned dosh.

Just had a chat with my lad. We’re both agreed that having read the minutes from last Fridays meeting with Ron & Tom, after this season, until the club changes ownership we will go to away games only.

To put it another way, we are purchasing the opportunity of not giving Con Martin any more of our hard earned dosh.
Let's hope there is a Club with enough money to be still existing to go to away games.

Made the same decision.

I hate going to Roots Hall now. It's so depressing how badly the old girl has been left to rot and the club implode.

I'll just go to away games until a new chairman/owner is in place. Even if that means administration and demotion.

Ron has to go, whatever it takes.

Am I right in thinking I am unable to purchase my season ticket unless I actually go the the ticket office, regardless of how I wish to pay. From my location it is not practical to visit the office, so I always rely on a online transaction.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back