• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
i think we should drip feed him the money ....

we send him money and he tells us what he is spending it on ...
i.e. wages - players and staff

they get paid we drop him some more ...

750k -

first tranche 250k ? get staff and players paid up to date ..

Shrimpers Trust to co-ordinate with CEO - communications about season ticket income ..

think about it - it works - it is our club
That’s actually a really good idea

Trying to distance myself from SUFC now. It just doesn’t give me a buzz anymore. All the doom and gloom in the world is bad enough without punishing myself anymore.. the love has gone.

I had a seaso for over 30yrs but I will not be renewing my card anytime soon, at least not until some positivity and ambition returns!
That is very sad but I completely understand how you feel.

I am struggling against those feelings and because the increase for tickets (season or not) is so high I won't give up entirely but I won't be buying a season ticket or attending so many home matches until we either have a new ground or the club changes hands and that is very depressing.

I'm hanging on to my money, as things stand at the moment I can't see us making it through the summer.
Not had a credit card for years now, so it's cash or debit card, if I paid it would feel like I'm gambling my money on us surviving through to next season.
I hate myself for feeling this way about the club, but that's where we have ended up

I don't mind paying for my season ticket now, but I would want to know where my money is going. But there is no transparency from the club,
I mean the owner only came to the table because possably his hand was forced.
So from that point, I will not be renewing my season ticket as yet.
TRANSPARENCY & COMMUNICATION
That is what is needed from the club.

YOU HELP US & WE HELP YOU Ron.

The only reason Ron came up with that statement last week was to give a push to supporters to plough money in to overpriced season tickets.
He has no real intention of selling or welcoming investment - all a rouse.
Look at what a potential owner is buying - fresh air with a tonne of debt for good measure.

I won't be buying and may not return next season as I can't deal with the depression frankly.

The only reason Ron came up with that statement last week was to give a push to supporters to plough money in to overpriced season tickets.
Look at what a potential owner is buying - fresh air with a tonne of debt for good measure.

I won't be buying and may not return next season as I can't deal with the depression frankly.

And he was a ruddy, right royal wrong'un too!

Fresh air with a tonne of debt just about sums it up well said sherif h

None of us should feel guilty about withholding buying season tickets. Ron is laying it on thick that emabargo and owing wages will be paid once seaso money is in.
No doubt he will default again during the next 12 months; probably within a couple of months. If he can't pay what staff are owned now without seaso money, how will he pay next month, and the month after, and the month after that?
Granted, there will be bar sales from August again, but thats not enough to keep us going.
You could argue that if all us seasos paid per game basis, the club ultimately gets more money in over the long term and more money on a monthly income basis forcing the club to budget a bit more sensibly.

According to Ron we need to remember that buying your season ticket early will resolve all sorts of things.....
  • Admin wages from december
  • Stop Putin taking over Ukraine
  • Lift the embargo
  • Prevent waste being released into the sea
  • Cut Gas prices by half
  • Prevent programmes from not getting printed
  • Pay back the trust
  • Pay off St Johns
  • Put petrol in the Bentley for April
  • etc etc

Bump. Be interesting to see....

Has your view changed after the Supporters Group Q&A with Ron & Tom?

Are you now going to buy a season card?

Or have the answers given put you off?
It seems the percentage of those holding off has gone slightly up since the statement and from what i have seen on social media the feeling is even worse.

I would be suprised at this stage if even 2000 season tickets in total are bought for next season, especially with the club in such a precarious state in every direction.

There is zero trust in RM and his words fall on deaf ears now as they have done for several years.

The truth!!

Possibly worthy of starting its own thread but do we expect our money that we use to purchase season tickets / match day tickets to do too much?

I'm not privy to how much players are on per week, but i'm assuming that we must have 1 player on at least £1,000 a week. That would take 208 adult season ticket holders (at last years prices) to cover just 1 players wage for the year (including Employee NI etc) or 2,600 people buying tickets on match day (priced at £20)

At what point do we as fans have to look at this and start going this is unsustainable. No owner in the world wants to continually pump in hundreds, thousands, millions (or even billions at some point) These are owners, not necessarily fans. They are businessmen (and women) who own a club (probably for status) but do so in the hope that they might be able to sell it onto the next person (mug) for more than they have lost subsidizing the club.

If these owners looked at their football clubs purely as business they would have closed it down or put it into administration years ago.

Football may have worked in the days before the money got involved with the television rights etc I'd imagine prior to the the influence of TV money pushing wages through the roof the gates receipts and the additional bit of sponsorship in advertising hoardings around the ground, plus match day sales of food and programmes more than covered the costs or running the club.

Do we need to start looking at our investment as a fan and say to ourselves yes I've bought a season ticket which allows me to watch a game of football, but it doesn't cover the true cost and therefore almost make a voluntary donation each year to keep the club going?

I buy a burger each time I go. Do I like it, not particularly. Is it worth the £4 not a chance, Does it assist in paying for the employee in the food kiosk, bar etc serving on match day, absolutely (parking the fact that employees have been paid late or not at all!)

People seem to have been happy in the past to buy £100 or more of "shares" in Southend United. I can't imagine anyone bought these shares thinking they would have substantial voting rights, a seat on the board, the opportunity to be bought out if someone else wanted to invest. This was basically a way of gifting money to the club but feeling like they got something out of it. Even if it was a worthless bit of paper which has probably now faded.

If he has no intention of selling then why publically put it up for sale?

Possibly worthy of starting its own thread but do we expect our money that we use to purchase season tickets / match day tickets to do too much?

I'm not privy to how much players are on per week, but i'm assuming that we must have 1 player on at least £1,000 a week. That would take 208 adult season ticket holders (at last years prices) to cover just 1 players wage for the year (including Employee NI etc) or 2,600 people buying tickets on match day (priced at £20)

At what point do we as fans have to look at this and start going this is unsustainable. No owner in the world wants to continually pump in hundreds, thousands, millions (or even billions at some point) These are owners, not necessarily fans. They are businessmen (and women) who own a club (probably for status) but do so in the hope that they might be able to sell it onto the next person (mug) for more than they have lost subsidizing the club.

If these owners looked at their football clubs purely as business they would have closed it down or put it into administration years ago.

Football may have worked in the days before the money got involved with the television rights etc I'd imagine prior to the the influence of TV money pushing wages through the roof the gates receipts and the additional bit of sponsorship in advertising hoardings around the ground, plus match day sales of food and programmes more than covered the costs or running the club.

Do we need to start looking at our investment as a fan and say to ourselves yes I've bought a season ticket which allows me to watch a game of football, but it doesn't cover the true cost and therefore almost make a voluntary donation each year to keep the club going?

I buy a burger each time I go. Do I like it, not particularly. Is it worth the £4 not a chance, Does it assist in paying for the employee in the food kiosk, bar etc serving on match day, absolutely (parking the fact that employees have been paid late or not at all!)

People seem to have been happy in the past to buy £100 or more of "shares" in Southend United. I can't imagine anyone bought these shares thinking they would have substantial voting rights, a seat on the board, the opportunity to be bought out if someone else wanted to invest. This was basically a way of gifting money to the club but feeling like they got something out of it. Even if it was a worthless bit of paper which has probably now faded.
I guess it begs the question, will buying a season ticket actually allow you to watch a game of football at southend next year. It wont if the club folds. Think those using credit cards are wise to the risk.

If he has no intention of selling then why publically put it up for sale?
To pacify an increasingly disillusioned fanbase? To encourage the purchase of season-tickets? To give the supporters what they want? Even if he does have the intention to sell up or seek investment, who's to say he'll be realistic in his negotiations? I could put my house up for sale for £10m... Doesn't mean I'm going to get that figure though does it?

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back