• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
Bump. Be interesting to see....

Has your view changed after the Supporters Group Q&A with Ron & Tom?

Are you now going to buy a season card?

Or have the answers given put you off?
I'm going to the wire in April to see if anything else is revealed. If nothing heinous is released then we shall renew. If more ****e happens then rethink time.

I'm going to the wire in April to see if anything else is revealed. If nothing heinous is released then we shall renew. If more ****e happens then rethink time.
I suspect most will hang on until the end of "early bird" which hopefully may prompt the club to extend the deadline, especially if sales are as poor as stated in the Q&A.

I personally think it is a bit of a **** take on two counts...

1. The price rise is too much.

2. The early bird deadline is too early/soon.

The club won't budge on the price (although I think they should) but they can extend the deadline to help fans struggling to find the money in tough times.

I suspect most will hang on until the end of "early bird" which hopefully may prompt the club to extend the deadline, especially if sales are as poor as stated in the Q&A.

The club won't budge on the price (although I think they should) but they can extend the deadline to help fans struggling to find the money in tough times.
I'm hoping to see an extention of the Early Bird offer a la previous seasons.

I don't think the price rise in the early bird period is too much to be fair. Hard to justify the increase after that though. An increase of £20 / £25 would have been more palatable moving out of the early bird period.

I'm hoping it's extended, then will purchase after 25th April to get it onto my credit card statement produced on the 25th May. Then dividends from shares helps to pay the cost.

I am also going to delay as much as possible. If the early bird is not extended then I may renew on the 8th April. Unlike previous seasons I will be using a credit card so then I will have some protection for my money. If the early bird period is extended then again I will wait until the last minute using the same method.

Anyone know when they have previously announced extension of the early bird prices - is it after the original date has passed ?

I have it pretty settled in my mind now that I will not be attending SUFC home games until we have new ownership. The Q&A has just helped me confirm my decision.

May do some more away games to compensate for this, but even that depends on how it goes this summer.

Yes the “early bird “ deadline is far too early.
But I personally think it shows how desperate Ron is to get hold of our dosh. As I think 🤔 if we went along and paid up the cash, it will be long gone before the end of season .

I've now renewed. Following our losing streak, we are sliding down the table and if we have any more non-payments, I'm concerned that the NL will lose patience and dock us points. We could then be dragged into a relegation fight.

Trying to distance myself from SUFC now. It just doesn’t give me a buzz anymore. All the doom and gloom in the world is bad enough without punishing myself anymore.. the love has gone.

I had a seaso for over 30yrs but I will not be renewing my card anytime soon, at least not until some positivity and ambition returns!

Last edited:
After at least 20 yrs as season ticket I’ve decided not to renew until the club is sold. Hard decision as I love my seat and I love my club but it doesn’t feel like my club anymore. More like a circus…
100% agree. I will also not be renewing my season card until the club is sold. My attendance at home games will be dependent on the club being run properly with no embargo in place and a competitive team on the pitch.

I'm not renewing until the club has a new a owner.

May even just do away games next year.

Its just so depressing visiting a decaying stadium that I used to love so much and watching a side that's being held back by a chairman that is completely incompetent in every way.
To be honest, away games are always better in my experience.

At least there's usually something to redeem the day if the footy goes badly, makes it more worth the money than sitting in the rotting Hall.

A decent pub, a decent meal, or good pints on tap, or sometimes all three if you're lucky 👍

i think we should drip feed him the money ....

we send him money and he tells us what he is spending it on ...
i.e. wages - players and staff

they get paid we drop him some more ...

750k -

first tranche 250k ? get staff and players paid up to date ..

Shrimpers Trust to co-ordinate with CEO - communications about season ticket income ..

think about it - it works - it is our club

Trying to distance myself from SUFC now. It just doesn’t give me a buzz anymore. All the doom and gloom in the world is bad enough without punishing myself anymore.. the love has gone.

I had a seaso for over 30yrs but I will not be renewing my card anytime soon, at least not until some positivity and ambition returns!
My thoughts entirely. Sad to realise that you have finally reached that stage isn’t it? 😔

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back