• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice in Chris article that he said the aforementioned solicitors and also a former sponsor who are taking us to court, has the “former sponsor” being mentioned as not sure I’ve seen that before!? I’m guessing it’s the previous front of shirt sponsors!?

Fair play to Justin for reaching out to the Zone and the Trust. He has been as reassuring as he can be. They need good news on Tuesday to stay in the game. They will probably set a deadline for when they are done but that may not be made public.
Total respect to Justin!
What a guy! If I was sitting in the sun enjoying the success of my hard work I'd probably buy a cocktail I may not like!
No not Justin (I like a challenge) I'll try and transform a **** show.

I think the first two DD elements resulted in questions that can be addressed and they are being worked on- not minor but not showstoppers either.

I think they are waiting to hear on the third DD strand Tues- clearly if that has major issues it’s one thing, if it’s no worse than the first two then at least that says the DD process can be finalised and provides a degree of comfort.

I’m sure he is hugely frustrated- SCC will not have any real recognition of the idea of deadlines- it takes as long as it takes. It’s a rude awaking to an Aussie doing business in the UK- nothing ever happens on time or on budget or indeed often at all. We can’t even build a railway or indeed housing- SCC are at 31% of requirement, second worst in the UK. :-) To make things even worse he is a project manager by training- he must look on in utter amazement…

I would read into the Statement that ended "We won't pull out", suggests The Consortium have a Plan B. Haven't a clue what that might be though.
I love your optimism, but I feel that they won`t pull out themselves, however, it will be DD or the court WUP that will ultimately be the decision made for them. Whoever came in with the 🐀 still here and his tangled web and debt up to his eyeballs, it was never going to be an easy outcome? I`m wondering what his end game is? Has he planned this to play out this way? When and if he is ever challenged, will he just say " Well I tried to sell the club ", knowing for well that he had made, and delayed DD to a point where it had zero chance of ever making it over the line? For the sake of ALL our sanity`s we are about to enter the endgame, hopefully for the good, but it is going to be very close.

#MartingOut

I love your optimism, but I feel that they won`t pull out themselves, however, it will be DD or the court WUP that will ultimately be the decision made for them. Whoever came in with the 🐀 still here and his tangled web and debt up to his eyeballs, it was never going to be an easy outcome? I`m wondering what his end game is? Has he planned this to play out this way? When and if he is ever challenged, will he just say " Well I tried to sell the club ", knowing for well that he had made, and delayed DD to a point where it had zero chance of ever making it over the line? For the sake of ALL our sanity`s we are about to enter the endgame, hopefully for the good, but it is going to be very close.

#MartingOut
You can just hear him saying “I tried selling the club but the consortium pulled out” and also blaming the council. Still no spade in the ground after 20 odd years but never his fault.

I’m still trying to cling to some optimism here (it’s not easy).

I honestly don’t think Ron wants the club to go bust (although his ineptitude as a property developer may eventually lead to it). I still cling to a couple of things:
  • If his desired endgame had been for the club to go bust and to build on Roots Hall, he’s had ample opportunities to let that scenario play out.
  • If the club do go bust, it is going to be far from straightforward for him to crack on and build. Not least because the current planning permission requires him to build a 10,000 seater stadium first. A Phoenix Club will inevitably emerge (whether you decide to support it or not) and the City Council will want to back it and so may well enforce a stadium being built or Roots Hall preserved.
I’m not sure time is on Ron’s side (both age wise and debts). He needs this deal to save face and possibly to save him from bankruptcy and to preserve his sons’ future fortune as well.

Let’s hold on tight for another month, put the pressure on all parties to complete and give the consortium all our encouragement.

Right - positivity over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back