• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The council has been getting stick about how long the DD is taking should look at the way Thurrock Council did things. They had their own Rat who is now living the good life on a beach somewhere warm with millions of pounds of tax payers money in his pocket and whose excuse is the council should have checked the figures! At least Southend isn't following their example and should be congratulated.
Couldn’t agree less. They are local government. Wasting taxpayers’ money is what they do. May as well waste it on keeping SUFC alive.

Nothing and that’s the trouble Rich he is laughing at us he’s mocking a city its history and its future and he’s walking around Scott free
If he takes us under, I’ll dedicate my remaining free moments in this life to hurting him in the only place we can, and that’s in his wallet. Of that I promise you. And when he mercifully shuffles off this mortal coil in a freak yachting incident, I’ll transfer this valuable time to young Ron Jrs. I don’t think I’ll be the only one either.

Now maybe a silly coment OR clutcing at staws .I know the concortium wont pay the old debits But can't the consortium come to a months repayment to the law firm Then when the deal goes through get it back of the rat man.

I think things are proceeding fairly smoothly but slowly. The Council has to be as certain as it can be that it isn't going to lose money on the deal. The Those words are banned process is now approaching the end game. It's possible that it may raise insurmountable issues, but I doubt it.

Everyone just needs to hold their nerve now. In my opinion the consortium are unlikely to pull out having invested £3.5 million already - they may well warn otherwise but that is designed to put pressure on others involved in the wheeling and dealing. Of course they are frustrated by the delay but they are grown ups and understand that complex deals take time.

Enough progress may already have been made to lead to a further adjournment of the WUP. The National League will set deadlines but they will be met - the 10 point deduction last season shows that they are not joking when they set a deadline.

So, nil desperandum. Keep your nerve. It will all come good in the end.
Very measured post. I think most of the glass half full supporters are now at the point of being mentally shattered. I'm glad you're still positive and I'm now employing you as my shrink .....

Now maybe a silly coment OR clutcing at staws .I know the concortium wont pay the old debits But can't the consortium come to a months repayment to the law firm Then when the deal goes through get it back of the rat man.
They do that, more creditors will come out and expect the same. It's a no win situation for them and Ron needs to just bloody make this go away.

Very measured post. I think most of the glass half full supporters are now at the point of being mentally shattered. I'm glad you're still positive and I'm now employing you as my shrink .....
**** that for a job, there would not be enough hours in the day. :Winking:

As I said in a couple of previous posts following my chats with a couple of councillors I was not getting positive answers when questioned and I think after speaking to one councillor the other day the financial commitment the council have to make is being scrutinshed and not everyone is agreeing

What have we as a club and supporters done to deserve all this turmoil

If he takes us under, I’ll dedicate my remaining free moments in this life to hurting him in the only place we can, and that’s in his wallet. Of that I promise you. And when he mercifully shuffles off this mortal coil in a freak yachting incident, I’ll transfer this valuable time to young Ron Jrs. I don’t think I’ll be the only one either.
Hurt him in his wallet how are you going to do that ?? He doesn’t own and run a burger bar

Hurt him in his wallet how are you going to do that ?? He doesn’t own and run a burger bar
Shame, I’d love a rat burger. Don’t tell me wife.

I have no idea, but I can’t say I’ll set him and his offspring alight given the first opportunity can I? Wouldn’t look good for me when it happened and I was called in front of m’laud now would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back