• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 32188for those saying Ron has moved the goalposts, would this not be considered a breach of contract? As stated above surely the properties detailed would have been stated in the contract?

Absolutely clutching at straws here but desperate for this to get done
Even if contract is breached would just allow consortium to say deals off.

I suspect the property transactions are not as detailed in that contract compared to the detail needed by the council to enter their transaction, and that's the delay - Ron and son didn't have the details.

I’ve said on many occasions the deal with the consortium will never get done.
There is simply no need yet again to confirm I am wrong, just a larger group of Tara Brady’s who have been badly taken in and manipulated by Ron … remember at the time ‘ to sell or find outside investment ‘ well he’s certainly had that to the tune of £3.5 million over the last 10 months … what a **** the man and his fat useless son are I hope someone cuts them from ear to ear
Ive seen you say this numerous times, i hope its not the case but for you to keep repeating suggests that you know a lot more than maybe you can or wish to let on. I have no issue with that. However if so then why do the consortium continue to put money in. The new pitch at RH, the work at the training ground, the continuing of paying wages etc. Surely the time has come for them to say enough is enough. The one glimmer of hope we have is that they are in it for the long haul, but their patience must be running the thinnest of thins

Ive seen you say this numerous times, i hope its not the case but for you to keep repeating suggests that you know a lot more than maybe you can or wish to let on. I have no issue with that. However if so then why do the consortium continue to put money in. The new pitch at RH, the work at the training ground, the continuing of paying wages etc. Surely the time has come for them to say enough is enough. The one glimmer of hope we have is that they are in it for the long haul, but their patience must be running the thinnest of thins
I think that time is closer than you think.

Jon I’m always glass half empty , I’m a realist and see a lot of this for what it all is … manipulation by the martins to help gain further momentum during a tricky time for them .. if this club could be sold it would have by now and if they buyers wanted to buy it they would have right now .. and if they need support form the current owner to purchase the e club then maybe they are not the right candidates for such a sunken disaster they are trying to rescue

Jon I’m always glass half empty , I’m a realist and see a lot of this for what it all is … manipulation by the martins to help gain further momentum during a tricky time for them .. if this club could be sold it would have by now and if they buyers wanted to buy it they would have right now .. and if they need support form the current owner to purchase the e club then maybe they are not the right candidates for such a sunken disaster they are trying to rescue
They can't buy it until CBRE relinquish the debt over RH and transfer it. I doubt they would want to give them a vast fortune for that honour.

I’m not sure any of that matters today or tomorrow for that matter
I’m not sure anyone cares anymore just put us out our ****ing misery and let’s move on. Sure JR will host a nice our club’s dead BBQ next summer in Oz and we can all reminisce about the good ol’ days when we were under an embargo and had Big Philly Brown pants in charge. Bliss over a tinnie or two. Then we can put the European Super League on telebox and **** ourselves dry over Juve vs Newcastle in Bahrain as WW3 rages on in’t background.

unfortunately that all makes sense. I think Chris Phillips article yesterday was also telling. I know he cant say all that he wants but he said enough to suggest the end is nigh

Justin dropped a seed during his recent BBC Essex breakfast interview suggesting they can’t do this forever then we had Chris’s recent comments!!!

What with the council suggesting this is going to 2nd gear on, red tape, processes, external integration, working with Ron pushing for more, goalposts moving, project not in the City’s best interest with regards to development.

Measure all that against, embargo’s, winding up orders, time (from a football prospective), falling down RootsHall, debt and a burnt-out supporter base, it just hasn’t worked out!

I completely expect the consortium to walk and I don’t blame them, early summer (now) is probably a good time to do this!!

Someone I know who started negotiations with Ron and Jack has just purchased Chelmsford City - so if it all goes Phil Brown I’ll be cheering them on

i believe the ST promotion video was recorded this week and that ST prices are going up with no early bird discounts (for obvious reasons)
Oh dear not many people renew then… thought Ron had our pants down last year!! Obviously our new owners ain’t got much of a pot tk **** in maybe?

I think that time is closer than you think.
Agree on that. I spoke to JR briefly this morning before he flies back to Oz on Monday, and I don't think I've ever known him to be more pi55ed off than he is right now. Certainly not a happy man by any measure. I feel for the COSU and him in particular. Aside finance, he's put so much time, energy and passion into this takeover, not to mention the many flights he's had to jump on and meetings he's had. He's literally exhausted himself mentally and physically and I don't think anyone can overestimate how much he's given for this takeover to happen.

The Martin's and the incapable council, can consider themselves a bloody disgrace. If this collapses, it's on both parties.

If I was the consortium, I would give ratty and the council June 30th .
If I didn’t have full ownership, time to move on .
I would make the statement public so no one under any circumstances would be confused or see it as a deadline to be moved.
The frecking can is worn out and we are at the end of the road.
Think that makes a lot of sense. Ties in with contract end dates\ renewals\ extensions and a potential last payday. the period also includes the WUP hearing and NL AGM .
The pitch will be done and the consortium will have done all that is reasonable within their power. If the league\ RM and the council don't play ball by then, I think it's a fair decision and if publicly declared would focus the council and RMs efforts. It might be their waiting for the NL AGM before making any decision or announcement.

i believe the ST promotion video was recorded this week and that ST prices are going up with no early bird discounts (for obvious reasons)
Hi Jon, I made a cameo appearance in that video on Tuesday, but unless I didn't hear it on the day I don't remember there being any mention of season ticket prices being mentioned for the coming season, having said that my hearing is not what it use to be.

I read yesterday that acid was thrown over Jordan's AKA Katie Price car this week.

God knows what will happen to the Martin's property if the sale collapses .

Police have 10,000 suspects.....
Nothing and that’s the trouble Rich he is laughing at us he’s mocking a city its history and its future and he’s walking around Scott free

I think things are proceeding fairly smoothly but slowly. The Council has to be as certain as it can be that it isn't going to lose money on the deal. The Those words are banned process is now approaching the end game. It's possible that it may raise insurmountable issues, but I doubt it.

Everyone just needs to hold their nerve now. In my opinion the consortium are unlikely to pull out having invested £3.5 million already - they may well warn otherwise but that is designed to put pressure on others involved in the wheeling and dealing. Of course they are frustrated by the delay but they are grown ups and understand that complex deals take time.

Enough progress may already have been made to lead to a further adjournment of the WUP. The National League will set deadlines but they will be met - the 10 point deduction last season shows that they are not joking when they set a deadline.

So, nil desperandum. Keep your nerve. It will all come good in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back