• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely COSU pulling out wouldn't definitively mean the end of the club. It would mean Ron or someone else putting money in. Unlikely I know.

Unlikely is an understatement.

If COSU pull out, with minimum £3.5m owed, who are "someone else" who is going to put money in?

Ron can't/won't and after watching the goings on since March '23 no other investor/potential owner in their right mind would come forward.

Even now if season tickets go on sale tomorrow, would you buy one before the 26th June, 'cos lots of fans won't, many never unless COSU become the titled owners of the football club.

COSU pull out and it's Game Over!

Scary times indeed!

When is the next update due from SCC?

I seem to remember them saying the stage will take two weeks to complete but I can't remember when that was.
Next week.

The 2 week stage won’t have started yet as they need to first work through the issues identified in the first two parts of DD. The third part of DD is due to report middle of next week as well.

If COSU pull out, with minimum £3.5m owed, who are "someone else" who is going to put money in?

Ron can't/won't and after watching the goings on since March '23 no other investor/potential owner in their right mind would come forward.

Even now if season tickets go on sale tomorrow, would you buy one before the 26th June, 'cos lots of fans won't, many never unless COSU become the titled owners of the football club.

Scary times indeed!
I would not blame people for choosing not to buy one until Ron is gone

In short, without major advancements, the consortium are likely to cut their losses and walk away.

The timeline is ever increasing & the date for COSU to finally take the reins has been pushed back time and time again, since November last year.

I am as concerned as I’ve ever been right now. You mentioned elephants… we are an elephant walking a tightrope as it stands.
I think as someone mentioned previously a key factor may be where we are just before the court date. Whilst it might not be all complete and signed, or even the final external financial audit complete, DD may be finished and cleared. And that might give a degree of confidence to do one thing or the other..

The council are being bullied by Ron as he knows the feeling of the community for the club.

The council could publicly state that if the club were to go under, then any future planning at roots hall would be rejected and the covenent would be honoured for a potential reform of SUFC etc.

Doing so would check mate Ron. He would then be looking at financial oblivion. At the moment, he honestly believes that if Fossetts doesn't go through, and the club dies, he can simply return to the original plan and make his money.

It's this ideal that needs shattering publicly.

The council are being bullied by Ron as he knows the feeling of the community for the club.

The council could publicly state that if the club were to go under, then any future planning at roots hall would be rejected and the covenent would be honoured for a potential reform of SUFC etc.

Doing so would check mate Ron. He would then be looking at financial oblivion. At the moment, he honestly believes that if Fossetts doesn't go through, and the club dies, he can simply return to the original plan and make his money.

It's this ideal that needs shattering publicly.
I'm not sure they could. Councils change every few years and there would be a piece of prime development real estate falling into disrepair that would otherwise be turned into properties that have residents to pay council tax. It's how the council makes it's money.

Scary times indeed!
You sort of fear the next announcement. COSU surely wont be waiting much longer. We are literally gone if they pull out. Thats if we dont get chucked out the league first. Would COSU still be interested if we are in the Essex senior league? I hope they would still want to buy us

I'm not sure they could. Councils change every few years and there would be a piece of prime development real estate falling into disrepair that would otherwise be turned into properties that have residents to pay council tax. It's how the council makes it's money.
Not to mention that planning decisions are made on planning grounds, not emotional ones. If the council did reject a perfectly good plan, it would be passed on appeal.

I would not blame people for choosing not to buy one until Ron is gone
I understand the sentiment but would we not want to listen carefully to what the consortium needed us to do? - I wouldn't want the hatred of Ron to result in the consortium just being seen as collateral damage.

Anyway we aren't there yet.

No-one will come forward to takeover, certainly not after seeing how the council have long delayed DD. And as for Ron, dream on ....

COSU would become the biggest creditor to the club, in a long list of other creditors. Game over.
Wouldn't ron remain biggest creditor

You sort of fear the next announcement. COSU surely wont be waiting much longer. We are literally gone if they pull out. Thats if we dont get chucked out the league first. Would COSU still be interested if we are in the Essex senior league? I hope they would still want to buy us
No, I think they've already said no interest in phoenix club.

I’ve said on many occasions the deal with the consortium will never get done.
There is simply no need yet again to confirm I am wrong, just a larger group of Tara Brady’s who have been badly taken in and manipulated by Ron … remember at the time ‘ to sell or find outside investment ‘ well he’s certainly had that to the tune of £3.5 million over the last 10 months … what a **** the man and his fat useless son are I hope someone cuts them from ear to ear

View attachment 32188for those saying Ron has moved the goalposts, would this not be considered a breach of contract? As stated above surely the properties detailed would have been stated in the contract?

Absolutely clutching at straws here but desperate for this to get done
I have no doubt there's legal bits that if Ron reneges he would be sued/chased for the money. Whether he pays is another matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back