• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The council has been getting stick about how long the DD is taking should look at the way Thurrock Council did things. They had their own Rat who is now living the good life on a beach somewhere warm with millions of pounds of tax payers money in his pocket and whose excuse is the council should have checked the figures! At least Southend isn't following their example and should be congratulated.

The council has been getting stick about how long the DD is taking should look at the way Thurrock Council did things. They had their own Rat who is now living the good life on a beach somewhere warm with millions of pounds of tax payers money in his pocket and whose excuse is the council should have checked the figures! At least Southend isn't following their example and should be congratulated.
I don't think Southend Council will receive any congratulations if the club dies. From from I've heard, there aren't any heroes in this.

Can you explain that for us?
I would imagine that if their fund has been used to bankroll what has happened so far, they need to have adequate security in place so that it is paid back. So my point is that it is almost irrelevant what Ron says he wants as they will have to agree anyway.

I may have that all wrong and am more than happy to be corrected, and I have no inside on this. But this is just my logic and common sense trying to make some sense out of a difficult situation.

I would imagine that if their fund has been used to bankroll what has happened so far, they need to have adequate security in place so that it is paid back. So my point is that it is almost irrelevant what Ron says he wants as they will have to agree anyway.

I may have that all wrong and am more than happy to be corrected, and I have no inside on this. But this is just my logic and common sense trying to make some sense out of a difficult situation.

They may well be true but its surely SBC who need to ok the 500 houses at FF. IF they say no then Ron could appeal to government level but we don't have time for that.

Again if rumours are true that Ron has now tried to squeeze more from the deal....Then he is using our critical situation to make the council 'less diligent' and hoping they will speed it through to keep us fans happy.......Meanwhile he has abused the generous funding from COSU to bale out some his many debts and pay staff.

The two completed areas of DD threw up some questions but the tone of the update was these are being worked through positively and no hint of anything major let alone a showstopper. So the sense is it will happen and in its own time. If the elephant in the room is the "final" WUP on 26th it appears to be a near invisible elephant as far as SCC's process is concerned. I suspect their view is "not our problem, thats something for the Club/Ron to manage".

So how will they manage it as this wont be done by 26th (or at least the planning assumption needs to be it won't). That's the question we are all grappling with and I suspect nothing will be shared until the hearing as both parties (Ron and consortium) wont want to be the first to blink.

It's Groundhog day

I honestly don’t know if we are going to survive all these delays. Don’t think the council will come to any decision anytime soon. The rat constantly uses us as a lever to pressure the council for more concessions.
Time is rapidly running out ⌛️for the club. Must say the consortium have been fantastic, but for how much longer?
They must have now exceeded their budget. Will they still want to keep pumping money in , with no end sight of this being concluded.
Please don’t keep saying the council will have concluded all their DD’s by the end of June. This could all roll on for months yet, and we may not get the news we want to hear either.

So how will they manage it as this wont be done by 26th (or at least the planning assumption needs to be it won't). That's the question we are all grappling with and I suspect nothing will be shared until the hearing as both parties (Ron and consortium) wont want to be the first to blink.

It's Groundhog day

In short, without major advancements, the consortium are likely to cut their losses and walk away.

The timeline is ever increasing & the date for COSU to finally take the reins has been pushed back time and time again, since November last year.

I am as concerned as I’ve ever been right now. You mentioned elephants… we are an elephant walking a tightrope as it stands.

My only glimmer of hope is that - certainly on the face of it - it's business as usual within the club. I gather season ticket details will be released very soon. If they had a figure on the amount they were prepared to lose and we haven't hit that figure yet, then it doesn't make sense to crystallise that loss unless there is absolutely no prospect of recovery.

Someone must know something to indicate that the debts will be discharged so that we won't be wound up, otherwise the current action is pointless.

i believe the ST promotion video was recorded this week and that ST prices are going up with no early bird discounts (for obvious reasons)

Surely COSU pulling out wouldn't definitively mean the end of the club. It would mean Ron or someone else putting money in. Unlikely I know.
No-one will come forward to takeover, certainly not after seeing how the council have long delayed DD. And as for Ron, dream on ....

COSU would become the biggest creditor to the club, in a long list of other creditors. Game over.

My guess is that COSU will, at some stage in the very near future, give a hard deadline/ultimatum because they will know this can't go on forever. If the Martins are moving goalposts as we know they love to do, this could go on in perpetuity and I suspect the consortium have had enough.

On a lighter note, may I suggest Bromley as an excellent next investment opportunity for the Martin family, as their goals are on wheels and far easier to move.

Surely COSU pulling out wouldn't definitively mean the end of the club. It would mean Ron or someone else putting money in. Unlikely I know.
He'd get season tickets on sale, use the proceeds to discharge the petition at the last min. Hoping that nobody else jumps on the petition in the meantime.

A week later Emersons would go to wind us up, the process begins again and he buys himself another 3 or 4 months until that one becomes a 'final' hearing.

He's a professional can kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back