• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean, Ron could pay his bills and sort the winding up order. he won't because he's trying to use the club to blackmail the council. any anger has to be directed at Ron Martin
Spot on,unfortunately the Martin's dont have any monies that's why we find ourselves in this situation The Martin's think they got the upper hand trying to hold the club and the council to ransom and trying to force the council to agree to a deal they are deeply concerned about. If the council wont agree then its back to the Martin's to agree to a deal that the council can agree

If the club gets placed into administration Would that not pave the way for either the consortium Or someone eles to buy the club off the administrator Or is that not possible

If the club gets placed into administration Would that not pave the way for either the consortium Or someone eles to buy the club off the administrator Or is that not possible
I don’t think that will make any difference as roots hall would still be under control Roland Rat and his family. So yes club could be brought in name, but with no assets.

The council know the martins. They won’t approve a deal that hurts the council financially. That means the deal as it is now won’t stand and won’t pass without some tweaks . I’ve been right before on just how low the rat sinks. But the council are backed by planning and financial professionals who won’t allow him to harm the area financially long term as they are loyal to the area and its future

It is the beginning of the end for Ron owning the club but the end of the beginning for his sons to make a ton of money off the back of the club

that side of things isn’t fully understood by fans. How it’s all been an inter generational long con

I think there are three potential ways we come out of this positively (I know I said one yesterday) -

1) Stewarts withdraw the petition but that only works as long as no other creditor takes carriage of it

2) The consortium pay off the debt

3) Ron pays it.

Sorry, make that two ways...

And actually, there's a fourth way... everything goes through and the deal gets done before the next hearing.

But I think that's even less likely than the third way.

Reactions: jnl
I think there are three potential ways we come out of this positively (I know I said one yesterday) -

1) Stewarts withdraw the petition but that only works as long as no other creditor takes carriage of it

3) Ron pays it.

The problem is if COSU pay off (settle) the Stewarts Law WUP, then you can bet at least two other creditors will be jumping up and down demanding their money immediately. Probably via another WUP or WUP's very quickly.

I actually think the only way this gets settled, is if the sale completes. A worrying prospect. But aligns with what Justin was saying on BBC Essex yesterday, regards being "hopeful" of "more clarity in a couple of weeks" when talking about the possibility of DD drawing to a conclusion.

What really should happen is the Rat ******* should pay his bills. But we all know he checked out of his responsibilities as "owner" almost a year ago. For that and everything else, he shall never be forgiven. He is the complete opposite of how a good business owner should behave.

I back COSU here, as much as I want them to pay it all off now, they have to hold their nerve and draw a line. Whilst the Rat knows someone else is picking up the tab for his business, he is laughing and stringing this sorry saga out for as long as he likes. He is using the club as a bargaining chip, until everyone caves in to his ridiculous property demands.

Problem is, SCC are now in a difficult position where they either have to swallow a property deal, that in normal circumstances they probably would reject out of hand. Or their biggest community asset probably dies. The Rat has played a blinder.

3) Ron pays it.

The consortium will have to pay either way, the deal they agreed was £1 plus the current debts. If RM pay the debt to Stewarts then the price of the deal will just go up or need to be rearranged.

Ron the creep is not going to pay any of the debts he owes If he was going to don't you think he would have do it by now The man is broke That why he trying to screw who ever he can

As the council agreement is effectively delaying the transfer of the charges on RH to FF allowing RF to be given to the consortium . I wonder if the Consortium would be likely to take the club over before the deal on RH can get done without Ron / Thames Plaza charging rent on the place ?
I realise that this may well mean that the development / modernisation etc of RH would be delayed , as well as the future revenue streams leading to self sufficiency , which may mean a reduction in the budget and a probable "reining in" of our ambitions until the consortium do get their hands on RH. But it would mean that the club itself would be able to move on from the debts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back