• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your opinion obviously.
tumblr_inline_nsy606Tbhn1qeixlc_400.gif

Can anybody answer me the following question, please. What happens to the covenant on RH (that the club has to have a stadium first, before RH can be built on), if SUFC goes into liquidation ?
I've often wondered the same tbh!
If no club/team then I guess to covenant is no more!
If you have a team of 11 players called Southend united who are contracted to the club then does the covenant still stand? I have no idea.

For the record, I so want to be wrong. Southend United has been an important part of my life since I went to my first game 44 years ago, and I can't imagine a future without my club. But I think we need to be prepared for the worst.
Ron takes back control of the day to day running of the club ? lol :Think:

For the record, I so want to be wrong. Southend United has been an important part of my life since I went to my first game 44 years ago, and I can't imagine a future without my club. But I think we need to be prepared for the worst.
I think Smiffy spoke for a lot of us that we just want clarity come June. If it’s over, it’s over. We have to live with it and it would be gut-wrenching but we need closure.

Agreed. I don't know what the hell is going on but the longer this drags on, I feel it's more likely the club ceases to exist rather than deal done.

The Council is clearly not acting in good faith (as you say) when they cannot complete a basic and mandatory transfer of power following locals.

Councillors are avoiding questions and the outward projection of noise and bickering feels like it's designed to hide a level of indecision around SUFC that runs through the entire organisation.

Word salads and inaction doesn't fill me with any confidence that SCC wants to conclude this deal.

But at the end of the day, this is just my take and opinion on the situation.

Given the consortium interview on bbc essex does now appear we are coming to the end of this horrible journey which us fans have had to endure over the years. Whether it's good or bad news it's an end to this mess. Can't continue to have off field issues each year with not knowing if we're going to have club to support, not good for fans, players and staff mental health and wellbeing. I really hope it's good news and we head into the new season with the consortium incharge but given the events over past few months it doesn't feel like that good news will come. The rats are just asset stripping greedy bastards and council are fall of fake promises, doesn't equal a good outcome I'm afraid.

Last edited:
I’m amazed people continue to blame the Council.

It took Ron two months to provide the undertaking to pay the fees.

The Council had no visibility over the proposed development until 18th March!

That’s three months from the deal being struck.

The deal in the meantime has changed substantially, going from affordable housing to luxury housing. This has necessitated the Council to ask for revisions.

As of 3 weeks ago the Council still hadn’t received the specifications, the layouts etc. They want the Council to agree to rent high-end unbuilt flats without any plans.

Ron is trying to use the club to strongarm the Council into agreeing the deal without proper scrutiny. I don’t know whether the Consortium have fallen for this or have just concluded that Ron is unable to deliver what is necessary to close the deal and if they don’t want to lose their £3.5m he’s suckered them out of they will just have to support him through gritted teeth.

The deal in the meantime has changed substantially, going from affordable housing to luxury housing. This has necessitated the Council to ask for revisions.

As of 3 weeks ago the Council still hadn’t received the specifications, the layouts etc. They want the Council to agree to rent high-end unbuilt flats without any plans.

Ron is trying to use the club to strongarm the Council into agreeing the deal without proper scrutiny. I don’t know whether the Consortium have fallen for this or have just concluded that Ron is unable to deliver what is necessary to close the deal and if they don’t want to lose their £3.5m he’s suckered them out of they will just have to support him through gritted teeth.
Whilst I agree that clearly Rat and Rat Jr haven't exactly helped expedite the process, far from it. They shoulder most of the blame on delay here. However, COSU as recently as this morning said that DD was expected to take "6-8 weeks back in January" so you can see why the frustration is growing towards SCC from all quarters now. Especially when Cllrs act like complete prats on the socials, using our club for political clout and pushing the same groundhog day statements like "DD is progressing"

I've just lost the last remaining member of my family on Thursday. And I am in a bad place right now Couldn't stand another sadness in loosing my club I've supported for almost 60 year's
I am sorry to read that and send condolences to you

I have just managed to listen to the full discussion on the radio this morning ( I did manage to listen to a snippet while out and about on work earlier)
At the moment I have a foot in both camps my heart is telling me one thing with my mind telling me another but all I keep going back to a certain person who is pure greed and self centred in what he wants and it’s a case of sod everyone else.

I have been watching this club for near on 54 years and never in all these years and even in the dark Ruben days have I felt such despair.

Fingers crossed this can all be resolved

It`s a shame that someone at the Council hasn`t got the gonads to TELL the 🐀 🐀 family what they can have rather than him dictating what he wants!? Put him in his place, you can have affordable housing which will benefit the City, but you cannot build high end flats with high rent to suit your needs. Not only are they holding the club to ransom, but he seems to be trying to do it with the council as well. Also tell him if you keep demanding and changing the plans, pure greed from them, you will be reduced further in your application.
Too much dancing around the outskirts and not getting to the point?

I`m sure that the council are not going to bow down to his demands, purely because they cannot afford to. It`s now down to the 🐀 to drop some of his higher end prices?

Good luck with that.

#MartinOut

All of that is true. But if the council had acted in the interests of Southend United from the beginning, we would have been playing at Fossett's Farm before the 2008 crash and dare I say, Ron would have much of the popularity that he did before then. I have no kind words for them and never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back