• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently had the opportunity to speak to a Southend councillor who gave me some understanding as to what the council are up against.The Martin family aren't that forthcoming with required information which is slowing the process.Secondly the proposed contract with the council concerning the rental of the properties involved is causing big issues to the extent that the councillor believes it's very possible this part wont be agreed because it would put to much financial burden on the council.Therefore if the Martin's want the deal to proceed then they will have to bend in the negotiations.So ultimately it's back in the Martin's court deal or no deal as the council wont be hold to ransom.
Christ, may as well just shut the club down now then. When will this **** ever end!!!?

Recently had the opportunity to speak to a Southend councillor who gave me some understanding as to what the council are up against.The Martin family aren't that forthcoming with required information which is slowing the process.Secondly the proposed contract with the council concerning the rental of the properties involved is causing big issues to the extent that the councillor believes it's very possible this part wont be agreed because it would put to much financial burden on the council.Therefore if the Martin's want the deal to proceed then they will have to bend in the negotiations.So ultimately it's back in the Martin's court deal or no deal as the council wont be hold to ransom.
How long have the council had that proposed contract? Any problems should have be sorted out ages ago not now.

If the club does go under

How long do you reckon we could disrupt the FF development so Ron and Council go bankrupt?

It's actually mad!

Surely the council could have said, "If you kill the football club, no planning" ?

The land isn't going anywhere, so hit the Martins where it hurts and bye it off of them for peanuts once he's bankrupt

Answer is on a postcard unfortunately

Reactions: jnl
I've been around the Zone for around 15 years now, and in that time I have experienced a few highs and multiple lows of all sorts on here. Although I have seen some downcast threads, I think this may be the most pessimistic thread that I have encountered, more so than last season. I'm still the eternal optimist and I truly believe that the sale will go through and the Club will still be in business in it's current state. Whilst the whole business with the Council is worrying, I don't know enough yet to be throwing myself off a cliff, so instead I'll wait and see.

ShrimperZone has many admirable qualities, but when we collectively get the 'we're doomed' virus sweeping through the camp it's nigh on impossible to lift the mood. The Consortium is still hanging in there and that will be enough for me at the moment. I'll protest if I think its warranted, I'll moan to my local Councillors in an attempt to move things on, but for now I refuse to believe that we're ****ed.

It's my opinion only, and I don't expect anyone to agree with it, but I feel a bit better for posting at this time.

We are relying on politicians and conmen. That alone is a reason for pessimism. Justin confirmed today what I said previously - the consortium will back out if they see no end in sight. Liquidation is the most likely outcome.
Christ, that is jolly. Not saying it’s not true obviously, but Happy Monday one and all.

We are relying on politicians and conmen. That alone is a reason for pessimism. Justin confirmed today what I said previously - the consortium will back out if they see no end in sight. Liquidation is the most likely outcome.
You do get the feeling that if we're here in June (exactly a month on) and it's still not close, they could look at walking away sadly

Christ, that is jolly. Not saying it’s not true obviously, but Happy Monday one and all.
giphy.gif

In your opinion how do you think this will play out in the next couple of weeks ?

I understand you have good connections to the consortium and others, but you were always quite positive that something would get done ‘eventually’. It is hugely concerning to us all that you’re so pessimistic about our chances of survival. Is this due to DD taking too long, DD finding something insurmountable or conman Martin’s unwillingness to sell?

I understand you have good connections to the consortium and others, but you were always quite positive that something would get done ‘eventually’. It is hugely concerning to us all that you’re so pessimistic about our chances of survival. Is this due to DD taking too long, DD finding something insurmountable or conman Martin’s unwillingness to sell?
All of the above. I'm also very confident that the council is not acting in good faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back