• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a long standing season ticket holder and want to renew but unfortunately at the moment we have more concerning things to worry about and try and sort out

I'm also worried if the "clarity" of DD is not resolved ahead of the NL AGM, the club wouldn't have been able to sort the WUP and embargo, what other action the NL might take.
With NL any action, if warranted. would be as before- notification to do X or Y by a date prior the the start of the season. So that NL meeting not a deadline in terms of anything precipitous short term.

Was the regime change at SCC supposed to happen this evening? Justin seems to imply SCC are dragging their heels, maybe I'm being optimistic but could a change in leadership get things moving faster?

Was the regime change at SCC supposed to happen this evening? Justin seems to imply SCC are dragging their heels, maybe I'm being optimistic but could a change in leadership get things moving faster?
Yes. From 6pm onwards tonight at the Civic Centre there will be a vote of no confidence in Cllr Cox (CON) and then the process to replace him will play out. I presume the replacement will be Cllr Cowan (LAB) but don't know enough about the situation, as it will involve Labour, Lib Dems & Independents.

I wonder if the Consortium would have to consider legal action against SCC if this doesn't get resolved positively?

Whilst I am not sure what they could sue for I would be surprised if the Consortium had been willing to spend circa £3.5m so far without some pretty good assurances from SCC.

Reactions: jnl
I wonder if the Consortium would have to consider legal action against SCC if this doesn't get resolved positively?

Whilst I am not sure what they could sue for I would be surprised if the Consortium had been willing to spend circa £3.5m so far without some pretty good assurances from SCC.
That's the bit I don't quite get. Surely you'd have something tangable to lay out that amount of money ? saying that, I can't see how they could definitely guarantee anything regarding future planning projects

Yes. From 6pm onwards tonight at the Civic Centre there will be a vote of no confidence in Cllr Cox (CON) and then the process to replace him will play out. I presume the replacement will be Cllr Cowan (LAB) but don't know enough about the situation, as it will involve Labour, Lib Dems & Independents.
What are the chances he will lose the vote of no confidence?

Everyone on our side of the fence (consortium) is doing exactly what they should be doing which is putting pressure, deadlines and a bit of liability on SBC who aren't exactly known for making a quick decision.

There seems to be a third party involved in the DD process too so again it's down to the council to put a rocket up them, and hopefully meet their deadline (if one was ever set).

JR and co are saying the right things IMO so let's see what the DD firm dig up on the rat and rat junior because this is what worries me.

I counted 3 times JR said ‘couple of weeks’ so I’m all aboard with his optimism

It is still a valid concern as to what the DD will reveal. The whole FF project would be complicated enough if an established developer like Taylor Wimpey, Bellway Homes etc were involved. With Martins tangled web of companies, debts and legal charges to be scrutinised it's no wonder that people are starting to lose confidence in the whole affair.

It's clear they are committed (£3.5m proves that) but yes if the sale is not done by end of June, I think we are in all sorts of bother, for a number of reasons, from not getting a license to participate from the NL, to being wound up and everything in between.

It feels like June is the month where it all finally comes to a head. Good or bad...and you know what, I am ready for it. I'm done with it all now. Put us out of our misery either way and lets move on.
Completely agree on that last paragraph.

This **** needs to end.

Recently had the opportunity to speak to a Southend councillor who gave me some understanding as to what the council are up against.The Martin family aren't that forthcoming with required information which is slowing the process.Secondly the proposed contract with the council concerning the rental of the properties involved is causing big issues to the extent that the councillor believes it's very possible this part wont be agreed because it would put to much financial burden on the council.Therefore if the Martin's want the deal to proceed then they will have to bend in the negotiations.So ultimately it's back in the Martin's court deal or no deal as the council wont be hold to ransom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back