• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current owner can’t fund the season as he has clearly stated that without a new buyer in weeks the club will go into administration. That speaks for itself. The gymnastics the league go through regarding when to apply their tests or not, or when to request bonds, or not is entirely unclear.
Expect an NL announcement with days then.
“New owner in place that we are happy with, or funding evidence from current owner, or bond ……please.”

There is a fair argument that if any authority outside of the current ownership is to blame, it's the EFL for allowing us to operate in the manner we have for so long.

No, the current ownership (not for much longer) are 100% to blame. Not the EFL, not the NL, not Stan, Tom Lawrence, Crate, ITKs, Wolfy (actually he is part of the problem), the council and anyone else who has been blamed…

Expect an NL announcement with days then.
“New owner in place that we are happy with, or funding evidence from current owner, or bond ……please.”
All we know is that Woking's accounts are up to date and posted in Feb this year
They would be a red flag if reviewed by anyone competent and supplying accounts to the league is apparently a requirement
Beyond that we know nothing and as I say the process is entirely opaque.
Impossible to expect or not expect anything on that basis. Hence, we may as well move on.

I get, and agree with, all that. In fact I've argued the same. But why is a fit and proper persons test taking so long? I'm sure if they really wanted they could do it quicker.

All I know is it’s with the NL for final ratification. I was under the impression the fit and proper purpose tests had already been done, but can’t definitely confirm that.

It’s only been with the NL for the last few days I believe…

No, the current ownership (not for much longer) are 100% to blame. Not the EFL, not the NL, not Stan, Tom Lawrence, Crate, ITKs, Wolfy (actually he is part of the problem), the council and anyone else who has been blamed…
There's no doubt a league with far more scrutiny on its clubs and regulations has come as something of a surprise to the current ownership.

Would be nice for update once in a while that for sure
There have been updates from several people @Medway Blue is the closest person to all that is happening and he has kept us all up to date. There is very little point anything else coming from the club as all it would say is "things are on track and we are awaiting confirmations"

They have already made the decision that they no longer wish to make any more statements until the deal is 100% done because there have been to many false dawns before.

There have been updates from several people @Medway Blue is the closest person to all that is happening and he has kept us all up to date. There is very little point anything else coming from the club as all it would say is "things are on track and we are awaiting confirmations"

They have already made the decision that they no longer wish to make any more statements until the deal is 100% done because there have been to many false dawns before.
They wouldn't need to put any dates on it so I don't see why an update isn't possible. If it's been completed by lawyers and awaiting NL approval then I don't see why that couldn't be said just to keep those who don't come on here up to date. They talked about wanting better communication with fans and I feel like they're missing a trick here.

There's no doubt a league with far more scrutiny on its clubs and regulations has come as something of a surprise to the current ownership.
If what you said were true then we would not have the Woking scenario. They have a number of clubs they know, or should know, are heavily loss making, and I see no evidence they do any more than say the EFL in policing owners and their ability or willingness to continue funding. The months, and years, of mismanagement by Ron, and endless WUPs, brought everything in the end to a point where it was impossible ignore or accommodate any longer…which is somewhat different…

They wouldn't need to put any dates on it so I don't see why an update isn't possible. If it's been completed by lawyers and awaiting NL approval then I don't see why that couldn't be said just to keep those who don't come on here up to date. They talked about wanting better communication with fans and I feel like they're missing a trick here.
They talked about wanting better communication with fans and I feel like they're missing a trick here.

Well said and i appreciate the ones ie Medway and boy wonder for all the solid updates it much appreciated for sure and we’re lucky to have them to give us that bit more of a update at times

But it wouldn’t hurt from the club too imo but understand they can’t say anything until it officially which is fair enough like everyone else we didn’t expect it to take this long ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back