• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say, this whole narrative that the NL is out to get us is farcical.

Whilst a lot of stuff that’s happened since we dropped down to this level has appeared to have beeb made up on the spot, it’s because they haven’t had to deal with such serial offenders like us.

We’ve been an absolute basket case for ages, and obviously that includes the whole time in this division.

Last summer, we were minutes away from being booted out. I don’t think some people realise how much they’ve bent over to accommodate us. I’d argue, that if we were a small club, we’d have been dealt with a lot sterner and may not even be competing at this level.

It hasn’t got that close this summer, but we’ve had stipulations in place to allow us to compete.

Whilst some of the decisions from the outside looking in appear to be harsh, and that they are out to get us, they’ve had to deal with RM and rightly have got fed up with his **** and lies.

We won’t be a cause for concern when COSU are in place, which is very soon, and we can just concentrate on supporting a football team and focusing on the things that normal fans just get to concentrate on.

Whilst a lot of stuff that’s happened since we dropped down to this level has appeared to have beeb made up on the spot, it’s because they haven’t had to deal with such serial offenders like us.

We’ve been an absolute basket case for ages, and obviously that includes the whole time in this division.

Last summer, we were minutes away from being booted out. I don’t think some people realise how much they’ve bent over to accommodate us. I’d argue, that if we were a small club, we’d have been dealt with a lot sterner and may not even be competing at this level.

It hasn’t got that close this summer, but we’ve had stipulations in place to allow us to compete.

Whilst some of the decisions from the outside looking in appear to be harsh, and that they are out to get us, they’ve had to deal with RM and rightly have got fed up with his **** and lies.

We won’t be a cause for concern when COSU are in place, which is very soon, and we can just concentrate on supporting a football team and focusing on the things that normal fans just get to concentrate on.
I’m certain it works both ways- and we see only half of it. Maybe they didn’t know how to cope with the issues we brought. There again there is how they implemented the embargo with a complete disregard for player safety. Probably it’s fair to say over the last couple of years the club and the league have deserved each other…let’s hope we can move on very very soon- if not to say very imminently.

Very much doubt that.

Didn’t I see a post that says all NL clubs have to provide detailed financial information including proof of funds on a regular basis regardless?

If the NL are being fair, then even if this rule only applies to those they have concerns about, then I’d expect them to ask for this info very, very quickly, otherwise it has to be implied that Woking won’t be able to fulfill their fixtures.

I get, and agree with, all that. In fact I've argued the same. But why is a fit and proper persons test taking so long? I'm sure if they really wanted they could do it quicker.

😬😬

Didn’t I see a post that says all NL clubs have to provide detailed financial information including proof of funds on a regular basis regardless?

If the NL are being fair, then even if this rule only applies to those they have concerns about, then I’d expect them to ask for this info very, very quickly, otherwise it has to be implied that Woking won’t be able to fulfill their fixtures.
The current owner can’t fund the season as he has clearly stated that without a new buyer in weeks the club will go into administration. That speaks for itself. The gymnastics the league go through regarding when to apply their tests or not, or when to request bonds, or not is entirely unclear.

However, it is likely there will be a buyer either pre or post an administration event. The latter will result in a 10 point penalty. But the club will continue to exist and quite possibly in our league. A good thing?

The reality is most clubs are running unsustainably and are at the whim of their owner or owners, and their ability or willingness to keep funding. Accounts and losses indicate a club much smaller than ours losing £1m plus a year. So presumably the league accepted very recently the owner could keep underwriting such losses- turns out he can’t even with the help of the Bank of Mum and Dad…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back