• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
still no clear timeline of NL actually signing it off? Just feels a bit unfair on their part to just say "in some time"
How do we know they haven't done so yet? Things could be in a position now where an announcement is being prepared.

I'm not saying that is necessarily the case, but it's a possibility.

Last edited:
I would imagine that COSU are working on a full statement, and are getting the prep done so that when the red lights go out it is "Go Go Go" - to channel the late, great Murray Walker!

I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) that Woking are the longest-serving club in the division by quite some way - so arguably they've had that. After 20 of so years at the same level, it's hard to argue against "rolling the dice" - especially looking at the likes of Sutton, Bromley, Harrogate, Salford etc who've made the leap as traditionally smaller clubs.
Woking were promoted from Conference South in 2018/19. There are a few other clubs that have been there longer. We have only been 2 seasons less than them in this division

Nothing has negatively changed since I said this.
When you said it earlier this week, last week or the week before that?😉

In all seriousness thank you for your updates and your work behind the scenes. I appreciate that they’ve been so many soons that your sources will now be reluctant to put times on things.

Fingers crossed we’re over the line soon.

It all boils down to a very simple fact that football clubs need to be accountable as businesses. EFL and NL should give the clubs x seasons to conform. No limited liabilities no offshore havens, if clubs need to inject cash then automatic points deduction. None of this Premier League FFP nonsense, that was and is utter bs. I wish the PL would adopt proper rules but that could still mean that clubs relegating from PL have a season to conform to EFL rules. Let the rich megaclubs bugger off to a Super League. After a few seasons the fans will get bored. No fans, no advertising revenue, reduced media deals. It was different years ago. The sums involved were manageable (just).

They aren't looking at the transaction are they? They're just conducting a fit and proper persons check. (Or am I mistaken?)
I don't think we know. Someone said fit and proper were carried out by the FA not NL. Plus should be carried out earlier in the process - for example I seem to recall the Kimura guys doing the fit and proper stuff

And so it goes on with endless speculation and little factual information as to the exact state of play. Rather disappointing that the consortium have not issued a clear and unambiguous statement setting out exactly how things stand which would put a stop to all the guesswork and rumours..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back