• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of May now becomes 6 weeks is 'very tight'. We are constantly 6-8 weeks away. How can this be so?
Well seems to me the options are:
1.the original deadline was completely unrealistic and a ploy to apply pressure, satisfy critics or both.
2. Promised information has not been shared in a timely manner (whether by Ron- very likely- and others involved in the process- far from unlikely).
3. DD often results in more questions being asked. So all the original requests may have (belatedly) been met but this has raised more questions and requests for further information. For some strange reason this somehow tends to get overlooked although applies to most DD processes I have been involved in..
FWIW its probably all of them. But 3. is the most worrying as unless someone draws a line somewhere its potentially a never ending cycle. I have in mind the legendary Oozlam bird*...

* Some versions of the story have it that, when startled, the bird will take off and fly around in ever-decreasing circles until it manages to fly up its own backside, disappearing completely, which adds to its rarity.

Everyone likes to say "the council" but there are elected councillors, non-elected officers and 3rd party service providers working on this project. Possibly the most complex arrangement SCC has ever been involved in.
Quite. And as yet they have not seen the result of the DD. So whilst they were overwhelmingly positive across all parties there is nothing they can say or do until that completes. One or two councillors want to get quoted in advance- they will tend to be the ones for whom ignorance is no barrier to sharing an opinion. Most will do the common sense thing and wait hoping or expecting a green light.

Has this changed since there were rumours of constructive conversations early this week with consortium according to an ITK or are we in the same quandary?
There are two parts to this deal being worked on simultaneously. Ron and COSU for SUFC & its assets and, separately but related, Ron/Jack & SCC for Fossetts.

CBRE and Merseyside pension fund are related to the former, the Those words are banned being worked on is related the latter.

Positive conversations can occur with one and not necessarily have a direct impact the other.

There are two parts to this deal being worked on simultaneously. Ron and COSU for SUFC & its assets and, separately but related, Ron/Jack & SCC for Fossetts.

CBRE and Merseyside pension fund are related to the former, the Those words are banned being worked on is related the latter.

Positive conversations can occur with one and not necessarily have a direct impact the other.
Ah OK, thanks.

So I can assume from how this is summarised that the council are still awaiting bits from RM/Jack as they were at end of April, confirmed in council agenda/paperwork?

Ah OK, thanks.

So I can assume from how this is summarised that the council are still awaiting bits from RM/Jack as they were at end of April, confirmed in council agenda/paperwork?
I do not have the specifics on where each part is at.

The council have confirmed that Those words are banned is ongoing (there are 4 parts, I think) and the Trust's statement on 10 May suggested that CBRE/The Martins and COSU have held "constructive conversations". If Justin R is talking directly to CBRE, that's good.

I suppose the question is , if the rat is not forthcoming with paperwork when it is needed by the council. Why isn't he?
I have yet to see any statement from the council blaming Ron in any way for the delay in this deal not getting done and taking so long.

Considering the flak the council is getting, I am sure they would be the first to point fingers if that was the case.

Cllr Matt Dent posted yesterday on X.. Now we at Southend council need to make sure that everything happens so the sale of the club can go through.
Not a mention of Ron...

Last edited:
That statement was the same as when I'd ask my mum if she could take me to the park as a kid and she'd say

"I don't think we will have time, but I'll see how we get on"

It kept us quiet for a bit but I think we all know from experience what happens from here.

The council will simply turnaround and say "we just didn't have enough time" and then we all blame Ron.

Southend Council never wanted a football club as in their own words, our local team is West Ham or Spurs 🖕🏻

I trust them as much as I trust Ron. I truly believe if the club went bust, they would see it as a silver lining and will jump at developing over RH

Anybody able to leak what the total amount outstanding for the WUP is? So that if our club goes under at least we know for how much?

Anybody with clock making skills, even if its of cardboard, able to make large ones that stand up outside council offices and Rons plot? T or some similar idea ,to help remind of the countdown! and draw press attention

Depressing isn't it. 37 pages of mainly gossip and speculation but this is a fans forum so has to be expected. I go back to the consortium statement as nothing seems to change.
"We remain frustrated with the continuous delays surrounding the closure of the sale and would encourage the Council and CBRE to complete their remaining processes with greater urgency.”
Nothing about Ron although obviously CBRE are the backers. Quite critical of the council.
Worrying times. I'm usually an optimist but I'm getting worried. Cowan also has a reputation. And not a good one.

Depressing isn't it. 37 pages of mainly gossip and speculation but this is a fans forum so has to be expected. I go back to the consortium statement as nothing seems to change.
"We remain frustrated with the continuous delays surrounding the closure of the sale and would encourage the Council and CBRE to complete their remaining processes with greater urgency.”
Nothing about Ron although obviously CBRE are the backers. Quite critical of the council.
Worrying times. I'm usually an optimist but I'm getting worried. Cowan also has a reputation. And not a good one.

Yes, it's getting a little ominous now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back