• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't bear thinking about does it?

Hopefully the COSU will sort all this out and those days will be long gone and just a distant memory.

One day we'll all be sitting in the Railway beer garden having a beer looking back & laughing at how inept Ronny was.........

Whilst those around you are moaning that COSU need to sign a two 20 season strikers if we ever want to get in the Championship:Winking:

Reactions: GBJ
They don't have to be called in. They just need change of rules. Even if your a self builder building your own single house then new regulations can be added, Fire safety etc, before you have finished the project. Even though your plans were fine at the time you started. You wont getting a completion cert if X or Y is not also in place.

Your last paragraph sums up exactly why we don't want to be relying on a 10 year project involving anything Ron.
That's something that often gets pulled in together, however, Building Regulation compliance and getting a build signed off are separate to planning approval.

Planning approval is pretty much a, 'Yes, it's OK to build X houses/flats/whatever in this location, the appearance looks fine, it has been agreed by all the statutory consultees, etc, etc. It fits in with the Local Plan, Secretary of State is happy.'

Building Regs sign off is very much, 'Is the cladding right, are the fire doors right, does it meet insulation and vent standards, is the wiring tested, is the plumbing/drains installed correctly, etc, etc. Is it the agreed sizes, is it in the right place, etc.'

So. yes, regulations around fire and safety, etc, can change during a build but the core planning permission is valid from the day it is agreed. It is very, very, very difficult to the extent of being almost impossible to revoke a granted planning permission. You only have to look at the Council's attempt to pull the permission for the Marine Plaza development opposite the Kursaal to see how difficult and convoluted it is, and the Council pretty much got their rear end served to them on a plate in the Courts...

Council decisions should not be based on one's political persuasions. Looking after matters of finance should be done by professionals not by 2 bob wannabe politicians. Southend Council like most others up and down the country could not run a bath.
So called ‘finance professionals’ have hardly covered themselves in glory over the last couple of decades

Reactions: jnl
In all that's going on, lets not get too drawn into the £20m being a lynchpin on the deal, because:

a. It's going to be phased as stages of the Fossetts Park development complete and can only go towards the refurbishment of Roots Hall, not the club as a whole.

b. As stated by the consortium, their plans for Roots Hall and its redevelopment ARE NOT dependent on the £20m.

Therefore, whilst we all probably expect some changes, delays and restructuring of the Fossetts development after the deal for the club has taken place, that in itself, according to the consortium, would not hinder their plans for RH once they own it. It's getting to that stage that is the main hurdle.

Do we really think he is going to hand over the said amount of £20m.
Given his track record on paying what he owes it would seemed highly unlikely

I would just like him to release the club from his clutches so we can all go forward.
I can wait for better toilets and facilities knowing the club is out of his hands and would also volunteer to help the club again get ready for the season and i am sure many others would too

That's something that often gets pulled in together, however, Building Regulation compliance and getting a build signed off are separate to planning approval.

Planning approval is pretty much a, 'Yes, it's OK to build X houses/flats/whatever in this location, the appearance looks fine, it has been agreed by all the statutory consultees, etc, etc. It fits in with the Local Plan, Secretary of State is happy.'

Building Regs sign off is very much, 'Is the cladding right, are the fire doors right, does it meet insulation and vent standards, is the wiring tested, is the plumbing/drains installed correctly, etc, etc. Is it the agreed sizes, is it in the right place, etc.'

So. yes, regulations around fire and safety, etc, can change during a build but the core planning permission is valid from the day it is agreed. It is very, very, very difficult to the extent of being almost impossible to revoke a granted planning permission. You only have to look at the Council's attempt to pull the permission for the Marine Plaza development opposite the Kursaal to see how difficult and convoluted it is, and the Council pretty much got their rear end served to them on a plate in the Courts...
You have already stated Trev if you were still a Councillor you would vote to turn the whole project down.

Do we really think he is going to hand over the said amount of £20m.
Given his track record on paying what he owes it would seemed highly unlikely

I would just like him to release the club from his clutches so we can all go forward.
I can wait for better toilets and facilities knowing the club is out of his hands and would also volunteer to help the club again get ready for the season and i am sure many others would too
I personally don’t think the 🐀 will pay any of the 20m. Not even if we think it’s watertight legally.
But for now let’s just hope the 🐀 does one. Then we can enjoy our club back in the hands of a professional and responsible ownership (consortium).

Why does the adjournment mean the deal to complete the sale of the club won't conclude any time soon?
It doesn't. But we're relying on Ron to hand over everything the council have asked for, and then the council to act quickly. And now we have a couple of councillors questioning the deal at this late stage. Why they didn't speak up earlier, I don't know. The cynic in me says they have delayed their objection on purpose. So there's a chance we could miss the 6 week deadline.

It doesn't. But we're relying on Ron to hand over everything the council have asked for, and then the council to act quickly. And now we have a couple of councillors questioning the deal at this late stage. Why they didn't speak up earlier, I don't know. The cynic in me says they have delayed their objection on purpose. So there's a chance we could miss the 6 week deadline.
Didn’t the council sign off the decision to another group though?

Makes you wonder if we've had to pay a mark-up to get those players as they were taking a risk. How much would we have saved if we were a sustainable club?

I can’t imagine we’ve had to pay a premium in any of the players we signed due to ‘risk’.

Dackers: was at a league two club but not playing. Out of contract in summer. Returning to a club he did well at and is well thought of at with a chance to secure a perm deal.

Waldron: part time player given the chance to fulfill his dream playing at a Pro club in front of thousands every other weekend. Stepped up a league to put himself in shop window.

Crowther: another who jumped up a division and given a chance to show what he can do. If he has a good season, he could attract league EFL interest.

Sandat: was rotting in the Hull reserves, and personally I think he looks like he has gone backwards. Given a chance to play men’s pro football again with a EFL club to go back to at end of loan.

Morton: hadn’t really worked out anywhere else for him. Given the chance to come back to pro football and get well paid for it.

Regardless of what happens with the sale of the club, winding up petitions etc etc, we provide good exposure to any footballer looking to move themselves forward in their career, even if only temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back