• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t imagine we’ve had to pay a premium in any of the players we signed due to ‘risk’.

Dackers: was at a league two club but not playing. Out of contract in summer. Returning to a club he did well at and is well thought of at with a chance to secure a perm deal.

Waldron: part time player given the chance to fulfill his dream playing at a Pro club in front of thousands every other weekend. Stepped up a league to put himself in shop window.

Crowther: another who jumped up a division and given a chance to show what he can do. If he has a good season, he could attract league EFL interest.

Sandat: was rotting in the Hull reserves, and personally I think he looks like he has gone backwards. Given a chance to play men’s pro football again with a EFL club to go back to at end of loan.

Morton: hadn’t really worked out anywhere else for him. Given the chance to come back to pro football and get well paid for it.

Regardless of what happens with the sale of the club, winding up petitions etc etc, we provide good exposure to any footballer looking to move themselves forward in their career, even if only temporarily.
I wasn't refering to this season exclusively, but us in recent years in general. Look at the two players Sol tried to get in. It's been going on for a good while. Agents would surely have made Southend pay more to get their assets to come to us over another side.

Let's hope it's a distant memory.

I wasn't refering to this season exclusively, but us in recent years in general. Look at the two players Sol tried to get in. It's been going on for a good while. Agents would surely have made Southend pay more to get their assets to come to us over another side.

Let's hope it's a distant memory.
I had that exact discussion with a friend who is an agent a few years ago. Southend's reputation was so bad under Ron that if one of his players had two similar offers, one being from Southend, he would recommend the other.

Last edited:
SOUTHEND United has been hit with a “final” six-week adjournment to settle with creditors or face liquidation as the long-awaited sale of the club remains incomplete.

Yesterday, a winding up petition issued by Stewart’s Law was adjourned at the High Court.
However the judge marked it as the “final” time the hearing would be pushed back.
Long-standing owner Ron Martin exchanged contracts with Justin Rees and his consortium back in December but the completion of the deal has dragged on as Southend Council carries out Those words are banned over housing contracts.

Southend Council now faces a race against time to agree plans for 1,300 homes at Fossetts Farm, including 400 homes which were set to be built at Roots Hall.
A previous high court hearing in April was adjourned for four weeks in a bid to allow the sale of the club to be completed.
The Those words are banned process could be delayed further as Southend Council changes hands, with a Labour-led administration set to take control after the Tories lost seats at this month’s election.

Daniel Cowan, Labour leader, said: “I think the time frame is very tight. Six weeks to go through the level of Those words are banned and tying up all the other bits and pieces, is really not much time.
"But it is important to note that the council has been working at pace the entire way through, so we will do our absolute best, whoever is in administration.
“My heart goes out to the fans, it is something you give so much of your life to, and are so passionate about, so I can understand how worried they are.
“But we need to focus on ensuring that any deal that happens is done in the absolute right way, and we will do everything we can to facilitate the completion of the consortium takeover.”

The consortium continue to fund the club and paid April’s wages and VAT to take their outlay to £3.5million.
CBRE, the funder of Mr Martin on behalf of a pension fund, is also yet to consent to the payment structure for Roots Hall’s refurbishment required under the deal.
Tony Cox, leader of Southend Council, added: “I am pleased with the adjournment. The Those words are banned is progressing. I know there had been some delays to that work down to other parties getting information over to be accessed so the Those words are banned can be completed.”
Stewarts Law filed the petition in February over unpaid bills after representing the club in previous court disputes with HM Revenue and Customs.

• Sad
Reactions: jnl
SOUTHEND United has been hit with a “final” six-week adjournment to settle with creditors or face liquidation as the long-awaited sale of the club remains incomplete.

Yesterday, a winding up petition issued by Stewart’s Law was adjourned at the High Court.
However the judge marked it as the “final” time the hearing would be pushed back.
Long-standing owner Ron Martin exchanged contracts with Justin Rees and his consortium back in December but the completion of the deal has dragged on as Southend Council carries out Those words are banned over housing contracts.

Southend Council now faces a race against time to agree plans for 1,300 homes at Fossetts Farm, including 400 homes which were set to be built at Roots Hall.
A previous high court hearing in April was adjourned for four weeks in a bid to allow the sale of the club to be completed.
The Those words are banned process could be delayed further as Southend Council changes hands, with a Labour-led administration set to take control after the Tories lost seats at this month’s election.

Daniel Cowan, Labour leader, said: “I think the time frame is very tight. Six weeks to go through the level of Those words are banned and tying up all the other bits and pieces, is really not much time.
"But it is important to note that the council has been working at pace the entire way through, so we will do our absolute best, whoever is in administration.
“My heart goes out to the fans, it is something you give so much of your life to, and are so passionate about, so I can understand how worried they are.
“But we need to focus on ensuring that any deal that happens is done in the absolute right way, and we will do everything we can to facilitate the completion of the consortium takeover.”

The consortium continue to fund the club and paid April’s wages and VAT to take their outlay to £3.5million.
CBRE, the funder of Mr Martin on behalf of a pension fund, is also yet to consent to the payment structure for Roots Hall’s refurbishment required under the deal.
Tony Cox, leader of Southend Council, added: “I am pleased with the adjournment. The Those words are banned is progressing. I know there had been some delays to that work down to other parties getting information over to be accessed so the Those words are banned can be completed.”
Stewarts Law filed the petition in February over unpaid bills after representing the club in previous court disputes with HM Revenue and Customs.
I wonder what pair of clowns (Rats) that part of the statement refers to. An absolute stain on humanity and I hope one day they get it back in bucket loads.

Here we are, another season of uncertainty. The rats are just playing the game to suit there own needs and still not being able to meet deadlines, something tells me they are hiding something which will hinder there own pipe dream ambitions. The consortium are in precarious situation and are now realising this deal to buy the club is complete mess and are now at the stage where they are considering there options, if nothing decided in 6 weeks time I think there's a decision to be made from consortium and it won't be good for the football club. Then we have the council who aren't on the same page which will delay things further and have started back tracking on what they outlined back in September about saving the club. The whole deal sucks! The consortium and the fans are the real losers here when really we all should be looking forward to new season with optimism instead it's as bleak as last season with the difference being we have few more players in the squad compared to 12 last summer. Sooner a decision is made on Southend united the better, whether that's good or bad news we just need to move on from this constant off field crap.

Last edited:
Although we can't expect a running commentary from the Council, I think the High Court decision to give us a "final" deadline of 6 weeks on Wednesday deserves some kind of update for fans.

The cryptic stuff in the press just increases speculation. At this stage we don't know if they are still awaiting stuff from the Rat family, whether they have it and are assessing it (and if so how long such an assessment will take).

End of May now becomes 6 weeks is 'very tight'. We are constantly 6-8 weeks away. How can this be so?
The DD was to be conducted on a deal agreeded between The Martins and SCC.

The council has enough money to pay for that process but it was a joint agreement...

Once again i feel the rat has been given an easy ride from the fans. Summer signings will be difficult because he had not provided the council with paperwork and slowed the process. And people scoff at protesting...

The DD was to be conducted on a deal agreeded between The Martins and SCC.

The council has enough money to pay for that process but it was a joint agreement...
Ok, so that's one factor.

Daniel Cowans 8 days ago said 'end of May' on Twitter. I appreciate he has probably said too much too soon there. But it does feel like nobody on the Council has a true grasp of what is going on. Timelines are constantly slipping. I hope his comments in the Echo to call the 6 weeks 'very tight' is just a change of comms strategy to under-promise, but it is concerning.

Ok, so that's one factor.

Daniel Cowans 8 days ago said 'end of May' on Twitter. I appreciate he has probably said too much too soon there. But it does feel like nobody on the Council has a true grasp of what is going on. Timelines are constantly slipping. I hope his comments in the Echo to call the 6 weeks 'very tight' is just a change of comms strategy to under-promise, but it is concerning.
He is my local councillor and i really like him and have always found him to be attentive and honest.
I will be emailing him later today to express concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back