• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of Cllrs quoted in this article....

Delays caused by other parties granting access to information needed for DD.

As JC @Cricko said earlier, what reason(s) could he have for delaying handing over this vital information?

Of course, same question can be asked why he delayed giving that information to Kimura 12 months ago as well.

🤔

I’ve said this for years, forget all your protests, his kryptonite would be a forensic accountant

I think the time for transparency is here.
The quote: “I know there had been some delays to that work down to other parties getting information over to be accessed so the Those words are banned can be completed.” Other parties not another party. Who and what. And to a point made earlier how on can you need 4 weeks just over 4 weeks ago and now need 6? It’s a festival of incompetence on a biblical scale. It’s time participants take ownership.

As JC @Cricko said earlier, what reason(s) could he have for delaying handing over this vital information?

Of course, same question can be asked why he delayed giving that information to Kimura 12 months ago as well.

🤔

I’ve said this for years, forget all your protests, his kryptonite would be a forensic accountant

To be fair, we don't know much about what has been asked nor when it was requested. What we do know is that there were delays around knowing the exact mix of the housing - probably because it hadn't been fully decided/agreed - so you can't pass on info about things that aren't known.

Last edited:
I think the time for transparency is here.
The quote: “I know there had been some delays to that work down to other parties getting information over to be accessed so the Those words are banned can be completed.” Other parties not another party. Who and what. And to a point made earlier how on can you need 4 weeks just over 4 weeks ago and now need 6? It’s a festival of incompetence on a biblical scale. It’s time participants take ownership.
Other parties are getting an easy ride because no one wants to blame anyone other than Ron. We all know Ron is an awful person and has got us in this situation but he isn’t the only one causing the delays at the moment.

To be fair, we don't know much about what has been asked for and when it was requested. What we do know is that there were delays around knowing the exact mix of the housing - probably because it hadn't been fully decided/agreed - so you can't pass on info about things that aren't known.
I think whilst the commercials can’t be shared what’s outstanding to who from who needs to be shared periodically- seems to me there is a lot of hiding going on

Other parties are getting an easy ride because no one wants to blame anyone other than Ron. We all know Ron is an awful person and has got us in this situation but he isn’t the only one causing the delays at the moment.
This might be the case- there will be some participants failing to deliver who will be delighted they can hide in the shadows avoiding responsibility as we are totally obsessed in one direction (but this is understandable given Ron has plenty of previous- you reap as you sow….)

To be fair, we don't know much about what has been asked for and when it was requested. What we do know is that there were delays around knowing the exact mix of the housing - probably because it hadn't been fully decided/agreed - so you can't pass on info about things that aren't known.

Fair

Hoses no houses 20 millon no 20millon To be quite honest All we fans want is that man GONE He may never get the building he craves But we want our club back And have men incharge that one has the finaces and two and most inportant THEY CARE ABOUT THE CLUB .

I hope I'm wrong but, based on what I've read on here today, I really cannot see the sale of the club being completed before the 'final' WUP hearing in 6 weeks' time. Unless some magic money can be found to settle the creditors' claims, it looks as if someone persuading them to withdraw their WUP would be the only thing that could save us in the short term.

Bit off topic but i read the Hmrc payment are being plit 50 50 to stop any unwanted embargos .Is this true or yet another unwanted gossip .

Whilst getting £20m would be massively helpful, just having Ron sign the stadium over and knowing he's out of the picture would be far more important for me. If we can get the money then great but lets just get our club out of his grasp first.

It’s not just about getting the £20m it’s about removing the mortgage on Roots Hall. The last thing we want is for the consortium to inherit a £20m mortgage.

You know the answer you cant trust a any one on the council The only man in our favour was cox And they want him out say all you want to say About that shower of **** .

Incorrect (other than not trusting anyone on the council)

If the council have been waiting for information from the 🐀 for 6 months. How on earth is he going to produce it in 6 weeks ?🤷‍♂️
Or am I missing something blindingly obvious.

This information is things like reports rather than questions that can be answered straight away. Hopefully they’re being produced.

Have to say the statement from the council didn’t fill me with much hope

It actually fills me with a bit more confidence as it suggests a bit of realism.

I have yet to see any statement from the council blaming Ron in any way for the delay in this deal not getting done and taking so long.

Considering the flak the council is getting, I am sure they would be the first to point fingers if that was the case.

Cllr Matt Dent posted yesterday on X.. Now we at Southend council need to make sure that everything happens so the sale of the club can go through.
Not a mention of Ron...

Remember the Council will have to work with Ron and his offspring. Publicly they aren’t going to be flaming them unless the deal has collapsed. The time to be worried is when they start publicly blaming Ron. That’s when the **** has hit the fan.

It’s the same with the Consortium. They are very measured with their public statements regarding Ron. You often need to look for what isn’t said as much as what was said.

See this quote
Tony Cox, leader of Southend Council, added: “I am pleased with the adjournment. The Those words are banned is progressing. I know there had been some delays to that work down to other parties getting information over to be accessed so the Those words are banned can be completed.”

The Council are saying they haven’t received the information (that Ron needed to provide).

No doubt Ron has some sob story about being let down by the firms he’s engaging to provide this. I wouldn’t want to speculate on whether those firms have been paid in a timely manner….

You have already stated Trev if you were still a Councillor you would vote to turn the whole project down.
Sadly, I really don't think it is a good deal for the residents of Southend who are in the private rented sector, and there are a lot of them, they are pretty much being condemned to have their rental reviews put into competition with a large number of properties coming into the sector at purposely inflated rental values. Property and rental values virtually the whole world over track the higher end of the market; the top end moves up and everything else falls in place behind at their relevant levels.
A purposeful injection of a large number of properties at a declared 20% uplift will result in an uplift of similar levels across the whole private rented sector. The effects won't happen immediately but they will filter through once those new properties grow as a market share in the sector. You have to remember that the majority of people who live and work in Southend are on below average wage and can really be struggling in a market that is distorted by the much higher disposable incomes of those who live here but work in the higher wage area in London.

I have seen recent reports of people in Southend already seeing 25%, or more, rental increases being demanded when rentals are being renewed and I just think that our Local Authority should not be a party involved in injecting an uplift pressure of 20% into that market. I feel that in 5-10 years time this will be seen as a poor deal for many of the residents that, if I were still in Council, I would have taken an oath to serve to the best of my ability.

Of course, this view is taken on the basis that I haven't seen any of the 'pink' papers detailing the financial ins and outs; there may well be some golden magical beans in there that make it all fantastic and will pave the streets with gold, cynically I would suggest that there aren't and that is why I have the view I have.

You know me pretty well, Cricko, and you know that I desperately want the club to thrive and I hope that when the deal goes through that will happen and I am proved spectacularly wrong about the private rented sector. If the FF units were going to come along at market levels, or below, I'd be championing the deal and be over there driving a digger!!!

National League AGM is in just 3 weeks. Doesn’t sound like there is any chance whatsoever of this being done by then.

So what will be the consequences for us? Seems unlikely they’ll just let us in without any conditions. So is it either a) refuse us entry to the league or b) impose deadlines to meet certain criteria. And if not met, points deductions etc?

National League AGM is in just 3 weeks. Doesn’t sound like there is any chance whatsoever of this being done by then.

So what will be the consequences for us? Seems unlikely they’ll just let us in without any conditions. So is it either a) refuse us entry to the league or b) impose deadlines to meet certain criteria. And if not met, points deductions etc?
Don't clubs have to pay a bond at the start of the season? Can't see the consortium willing to pay that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back