• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless if the model works or not in the way football has become. It's the way football should be. Cheap and affordable for everyone. Not a millionaires paradise

Which is why the NL has become increasingly better supported. The PL is for the millionaires and many like me want absolutely zero to do with all its nonsense.

Whilst the big London clubs have always been a supporter drain on our city. Many longtime 'Londeners' are now rocking up at the Hall with their families etc.

Last edited:
Which is why the NL has become increasingly better supported. The PL is for the millionaires and many like me want absolutely zero to do with all its nonsense.

Whilst the big London clubs have always been a supporter drain on our city. Many longtime 'Londeners' are now rocking up at the Hall with their families etc.
Exactly this and we need to tempt them in with working toilets, decent catering, fan zones and the like. But also reasonable ticket prices. They might even come back and bring others along, who knows.

Totally agree Leigh Shrimper
The stadium we know as our home is a **** hole, pay £ 20 for a ticket , stand in a pool of **** in the toilets, cobwebs everywhere, food totally inadequate, seats need a complete deep clean , crumbling steps, free shower when it rains from roof, tannoy that can hardly be translated
We fans know and accept this, but new punters need convincing
Get the stadium right then see the outsiders come in and back regardless of the score

Any updates ? Medway said Friday then hopefully the weekend then cot quite the weekend. Not looking good
He said the weekend would slip but fully expects this week. does seem like a rinse and repeat every week though. I work for a firm who have a large M&A presence and oversee acquisitions of complexed nature and its usually 10 days they ratify most deals when signing off with legal ramifications etc, this is edging past that now.

He said the weekend would slip but fully expects this week. does seem like a rinse and repeat every week though. I work for a firm who have a large M&A presence and oversee acquisitions of complexed nature and its usually 10 days they ratify most deals when signing off with legal ramifications etc, this is edging past that now.
Two weeks today a deal was reported to be agreed. No news since, think the fans deserve an update

Who really knows what is going on. Obviously more to it than crossing the T’s and dotting the I ‘s.
We have to remember it’s the 🐀 that has been our problem all along, not the consortium.

Its the NL that are holding things up at the moment. Maybe they are p***** at not getting their £1m. So they are doing all the other clubs a favour by disrupting our pre-season.

You start off by saying clubs with big capacities and low attendances, then you say all clubs in 10-15 years.

Where would be the incentive for any club to do this? All Premier League clubs sell out, so why would they do it?

Without looking at every club and their attendances, is there a club that sells under 30% of its capacity at present? Apart from Col Ewe 😉 Or even 40%? Or 50%? MK Dons I can imagine fit into that category but can’t think of many others.
Didn’t Bradford City run a similar scheme (albeit not a £1 a ticket), but a version thereof??

Exactly this and we need to tempt them in with working toilets, decent catering, fan zones and the like. But also reasonable ticket prices. They might even come back and bring others along, who knows.

Our prices are reasonable. Anyone who begrudged £20 for those lads last season can't be football fan let alone a Shrimper.

New toilets would be nice. As would some decent beer and food, without a 15min queue. But lets not forget its all about the players and their effort x performance that makes it all worthwhile.

Its the NL that are holding things up at the moment. Maybe they are p***** at not getting their £1m. So they are doing all the other clubs a favour by disrupting our pre-season.
Two men and a poorly dog. Took them weeks to notice we had a WUP and hence forgot to put is under embargo. Nonetheless I think this is their Owners & Directors Test that they should to process in no more the 14 days...

Totally agree Leigh Shrimper
The stadium we know as our home is a **** hole, pay £ 20 for a ticket , stand in a pool of **** in the toilets, cobwebs everywhere, food totally inadequate, seats need a complete deep clean , crumbling steps, free shower when it rains from roof, tannoy that can hardly be translated
We fans know and accept this, but new punters need convincing
Get the stadium right then see the outsiders come in and back regardless of the score
It maybe worth some of COSU have a trip up the road to Orient - not a million miles away from Southend & Roots hall - similar sized ground, was in a similar state of disrepair & not a huge amount of space around it.

They have done a very impressive job to make it a modern stadium (granted they did build a new stand) with good food / facilities & introduced technology (touch screen ordering, etc).

Our prices are reasonable. Anyone who begrudged £20 for those lads last season can't be football fan let alone a Shrimper.

New toilets would be nice. As would some decent beer and food, without a 15min queue. But lets not forget its all about the players and their effort x performance that makes it all worthwhile.
Actually think you are wrong saying it’s about the players, it’s the whole match experience, hence why pubs are packed before and after a game. Once COSU get the club they will understand the business that drives the money , will take a season or two but willing to wait so my money goes to the club and not a chain pub or restaurant
The club has always been a family club and long may it continue with upgrades and talking to the right people to generate the right atmosphere/ projects to get people in early and spend money
Remember when we had entertainment prior got families in to spend money and whether or not your a fan , kids loved it

Whilst we are on the subject of ticket prices, it is 14 euros to go and watch Borrusia Monchengladbach in the bundesliga, that's on a terrace with a pint of beer in view of the pitch.

The ticket prices in this country are stupid, it's only a matter of finding a cheap flight and then it's cheaper to watch a game abroad

I have become so numb to hitting F5 and hoping for an announcement that I dont think I will react for ages when that breaking news article is listed on the main thread list.

Stay strong Shrimpers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back