• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think people need to stop being impatient. It is what it is. We've heard no finalisation date but but we haven't heard anything that should garner mass hysteria either. Chill out read a book, do your jobs, enjoy the sun or what ever you do to pass the time but until we here anything in any capacity we need to relax.
It's not really surprising people are impatient though given it's been 7 months since the sale was agreed and 16 since the club went on sale. There's going to be a breaking point for some at some point

Just for context I was looking through some old messages and it was last May that things started moving with potential buyers

You'd have to have 3,750 full paying adults at a price of £400 to get that. I'd say quite a few will be concession season tickets so the more prudent figure for season tickets would be £1m.

The unknown quantity is how many people will be a season ticket once Ron has gone. They will know the hard core season ticket holders will snap them up and around 2,500 - 3,000 will be sold.

Could expect a 20% increase on season tickets potentially. More possibly increase in match day tickets for me rather than season ticket holders
One other factor, there will be no need for discounts to encourage early purchase. That must increase revenue a little.

I don't think we sold more than about 3600 even in League 1...
Well we are in the 3,000s in the national league. So we aren’t a million miles away from topping that I wouldn’t have thought. Especially with some good news…

Our crowds in general are actually higher than our last season in League One. That’s with next to no away fans as well.

Well we are in the 3,000s in the national league. So we aren’t a million miles away from topping that I wouldn’t have thought. Especially with some good news…

Our crowds in general are actually higher than our last season in League One. That’s with next to no away fans as well.
Our last season in league 1 we had the covid lockdown so a bit difficult to attend.

It was like during the time people were saying we had bigger crowds than Serie A but didnt think to look at the fact Italy had harsher restrictions for football games

1 or 2 were very clear a week or two ago to tell us it was DONE, I dont have the time to trawl through, but they certainly did, we now just need to possible realise these posters were fantasists pure opportunists and we just wait now,lilke you say until an official announcing is made .. Ian
The deal was and is done. Now it's in the hands of the lawyers. It's pure guesswork to say how long they take to get it signed, sealed and delivered. We also have to trust they don't bleed it dry by prolonging it, as most charge a small fortune for each letter or communication.

Our last season in league 1 we had the covid lockdown so a bit difficult to attend.

It was like during the time people were saying we had bigger crowds than Serie A but didnt think to look at the fact Italy had harsher restrictions for football games
Only 5 home games were lost to Covid in the 19/20 League One season. So a pretty fair reflection on the average attendance of 6,192. It wouldn’t have changed much in the last 5. If anything it may have dropped slightly bearing in mind the ****e we were watching that season!

The fanbase is definitely bigger now i would say then ever in the last 10 years or so, speaking as someone who has only started supporting in the last 2 years. Theres hundreds of people like me who are supporting a more local club now which they feel more connected to rather then a big premier league club.

I mean look at the average home gate and the bumper crowds we got.. with restricted capacity!

Pretty sure we sold over 5k for the championship season.

If we can get somewhere close to that in the national league it would be a great achievement.

Obviously, having to wait this long and such a short time before the start of the league has hampered any chance of hitting such a high target.

While I am as keen as anyone to get official confirmation of the takeover I think any "update" now would only be bad news. Sometimes no news is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back