• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we wont ever get closure if COSU and their legal team don't get this right first time.

We are signing players, team are in full pre season and no embargo. We are clearly in a 1000% better position than 12 months ago, with plenty to look forward to.
We just need some patience from our fans because they are the ones whipping up the anxiety.....Not anyone else.

And there you have it. Only 1000% better off. We should have moved on much more than that ! Lack of ambition !

And we wont ever get closure if COSU and their legal team don't get this right first time.

We are signing players, team are in full pre season and no embargo. We are clearly in a 1000% better position than 12 months ago, with plenty to look forward to.
We just need some patience from our fans because they are the ones whipping up the anxiety.....Not anyone else.
Sorry I disagree, its not the fans whipping up anxiety, its the history of the last 10 years and the behaviour of one family.

We have been waiting for a sale of our club for about 2 years now.
There is only the 🐀family causing some of the fan’s anxiety.
Plus the previous years of decline that has been going on for many years before.
Consortium please get this purchase of our club done, it’s just dragged on for ages.
No one should be boohooing the impatient supporters for still having concerns, it’s just human nature.

The sad thing here is that for so long the 'Martin' parasitic entity has drained the soul of many Shrimpers, a football 'Dementor' if you like for, any Harry Potter fans among you. Currently the 'spectre' still casts it's shadow over Roots Hall, it's presence obscuring the sunlight of a new COSU generated dawn. Embargo lifting, signings and inclusion for the 24/25 season is the sound of our 'dawn chorus' very soon the sky over our Club will be bright for 'all' to see and yes by this Friday would be absolutely wonderful and that's my hope for all of those that are struggling with the time the last piece of the takeover is taking to fall into place, hang in there Shrimpers hang in there!

We have been waiting for a sale of our club for about 2 years now.
There is only the 🐀family causing some of the fan’s anxiety.
Plus the previous years of decline that has been going on for many years before.
Consortium please get this purchase of our club done, it’s just dragged on for ages.
No one should be boohooing the impatient supporters for still having concerns, it’s just human nature.
I think the frustration at those worrying is more that they arent listening to people who know what is going on, not piecing together than we have just paid a fee for a player, not having to pay the £1m bond and coming across more nervous than when we were at our most lowest points. The signs are all positive so no need for the negativity at this point.

In a way, it's like a health condition. like you had cancer, and now you feel alright and you're still breathing. but until you get the all clear from the doctor you're still nervous. but Ron Martin doesn't feel like a cancer, and i've never liked the rat things (rats aren't as bad). he's more like some sort of wart. maybe a genital wart. so fingers crossed we all get the all clear today that we're free of the genital wart

I actually think that Ron Martin can be entitely fairly compared to cancer.

I know people are antsy. I get it, this has been rumbling on forever.

The legals are not taking an unduly long time. The decoupling process isn't quick. The deal for the sale of the club, and the deal for the land transaction at Fossetts Farm, were legally connected, and cemented in documents.

Those legal documents have all had to be updated, and some rewritten, in order to legally decouple the sale of the club from the land transaction between SCC and Thames Plaza.

It's not a quick process, and the urgency dropped a little when the National League took their foot off the club's neck - as it rightly should, because as much as we all want it done at breakneck pace, why waste the money on engaging lawyers overnight and over weekends, and risk mistakes, when there's no need?

The whole process is in (or about to be in) what should be the final stage, which is league ratification. People are very careful not to give timescales but, all being well, I'm hopeful for an announcement of some kind by or over the weekend.

As always, this comes with the MASSIVE caveat attached that this broader process involves Southend United, the Martin family and the National League. Things change very quickly, as has been the case throughout this entire process. The above is as I understand things as of about an hour ago, but if they change then don't blame me!

thanks for the update Meadway, that's a shame as there was someone ( I cant recall now) saying Friday (last week) then a couple of posters suggesting Monday and then this friday as the day of reckoning again apologies I cant provide the actual posts, sounds like this weekend is always somewhere on the horizon of the famous line 'weeks not months' . Im not sure people are getting Antsy.. I think possibly dare I say it, more Bored with all the good news is about to happen NOW I mean Now.. sorry NOW and so on and so on... its naturally to feel slightly drained, when being lined up to then fall down again ! All the best Ian

thanks for the update Meadway, that's a shame as there was someone ( I cant recall now) saying Friday (last week) then a couple of posters suggesting Monday and then this friday as the day of reckoning again apologies I cant provide the actual posts, sounds like this weekend is always somewhere on the horizon of the famous line 'weeks not months' . Im not sure people are getting Antsy.. I think possibly dare I say it, more Bored with all the good news is about to happen NOW I mean Now.. sorry NOW and so on and so on... its naturally to feel slightly drained, when being lined up to then fall down again ! All the best Ian
Need to learn who to listen too. Medway has been spot on about this the whole way through and clearly understands the process better than anyone on here. Others are great for transfer insights.

It's an ever-moving feast, though, and a legally complex one. There is always a hope that it will be done ASAP, but sometimes a particular day comes and goes and it's not quite there yet. Same could happen this Friday/weekend. I'm passing on what I'm told, and it's from a primary source, but things change.

Hope for Friday/weekend, but always be on guard for the date to slip. It's the only way you'll keep your sanity.

To be fair to the supporters, I hope we in turn do not get ridiculously tight deadlines to pay for our season tickets. We have had to wait considerably longer than ever before to purchase them, so it is only right that the club respects and rewards the fans by extending the repayment window. It works both ways.

To be fair to the supporters, I hope we in turn do not get ridiculously tight deadlines to pay for our season tickets. We have had to wait considerably longer than ever before to purchase them, so it is only right that the club respects and rewards the fans by extending the repayment window. It works both ways.
With respect, we have known it's coming for months. If people have been unable to plan for that, it's not the club's fault.

Id like it to be announced just before kick off for the first preseason game Saturday and then trounce watering 10-0. I don't know which is more likely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back